• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Things SFJs hate about intuitives

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You guys can sometimes read something into something I did or say where no pattern exists. I seriously think Freud was talking to an intuitive when he said, "Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar".

Whats worse, when we point out to you the rather mundane line of reasoning behind what we said/did, you act like we just slapped or insulted you or something :dry:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
regarding the thread, i wish more sensors would participate.... :( i agree with some poster above that was saying that sensors always tell you you're "weird" and "why can't you be normal like X, Y and Z" and "why are you always brooding" or "why can't you just smile/be happy", etc. i find it a bit draining tbh, because it's not like i'm out there telling sensors, or anyone for that matter, how they should live, so why should them do it to me?

but still, it would be nice to read more stuff by sensors.....also, i have a feeling this forum is dominated by introverts and intuitives....right? both INTs and INFs.......maybe because people like to expand on theory etc and because introverts prefer writing to talking!?

For the bolded: You may be doing that thing that Intuitive's do that I mentioned in my first post where you're brooding over something because the situation isn't optimal and instead of getting off your ass and doing something about it you're paralyzing yourself into inaction. When that involves your own life, that's your problem but when I'm depending on your decision for whatever reason, it can be aggravating :mad:

As far as N's go, I don't have a whole lot of complaints about them which is why I haven't posted much. You guys have so idiosyncrasies that can drive me up the wall but you're otherwise a really good bunch and most of the time I do very much appreciate the often from-left-field perspective I get from you guys. In fact, all of the romantic relationships that I've had thus far that have worked were with NF's. Go figure.

That being said, I have a 3rd complaint: The way you guys get all petulant when I'm not interested in whatever "deep" topic happens to golden your goose. Guys, it's usually nothing personal, but if there is some deep topic I'm not interested in, it's for one of two reasons usually:
1) Because the topic just doesn't do anything for me. My interest in it may be passing or seasonal but over all it just doesn't happen to do anything for me. I'm sorry.
2) Because I feel, in spite of whatever pedantic or bombastic presentation you've made of the topic, that you in fact don't really know what you're talking about or you're talking about nothing of value. You guys have this habit of getting into these mental-masturbation-loops where it's like you get high off your knowledge of the topic and yourselves and that you start to veer out of the realm of having talking about anything of substance and you spend all your time on possibilities that have little chance of ever actually materializing. That is usually when you always lose me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
perhaps if you stopped trying to artificially induce feelings/socially obligating them to feel the way you want them to? :shrug:

I SAID BE HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm kidding.

It's more like I'm not trying to "make" them feel anything in particular, but they do express how dissatisfied they are.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I SAID BE HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm kidding.

It's more like I'm not trying to "make" them feel anything in particular, but they do express how dissatisfied they are.

do you not express when you're dissatisfied?

W

WALMART

do you not express when you're dissatisfied?

Perpetual dissatisfaction seems to be a theme, I think she was getting at. Not the act of vocalization of such thoughts, which is a gripe of mine against Ne.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perpetual dissatisfaction seems to be a theme, I think she was getting at. Not the act of vocalization of such thoughts, which is a gripe of mine against Ne.
it's more Ne+Fi actually (and a tendency in myself I try to watch out for lol)

W

WALMART

it's more Ne+Fi actually (and a tendency in myself I try to watch out for lol)

lol, yeah, Fi more so than Ti. Though I do think Ti can be a more annoying expression, cause it's usually just Fi dressed up as fact.

G

Glycerine

You guys can sometimes read something into something I did or say where no pattern exists. I seriously think Freud was talking to an intuitive when he said, "Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar".

Whats worse, when we point out to you the rather mundane line of reasoning behind what we said/did, you act like we just slapped or insulted you or something :dry:
Hah! yeah...

Typically, I will put a fairly nonthreatening possibility out there and the person usually confirms or denies but with a clarification but every once in awhile it backfires. I never say angry/mad/pissed/annoyed. "You seem a bit off" is my favorite.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Freud was intuitive. :doh:

atreasuredembrace

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
I really hate it when sometimes Ns are aloof in their thoughts, they really forget what's really happening in front of you. I mean, love how intuitives are very innovative and full of ideas... but when we aren't asking for how to improve certain entities, please don't think we are implying you to impose your ideas on us. We believe your presence in just hearing us out just means a lot to us.

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
Sometimes I need an unhealthy amount of time/data to make a decision. I need to weigh every single possibility to each other.

It's been over 7 days and I'm still debating getting myself ONE thing for Christmas that I want. Half of me is like "You don't need this, don't be rash, save money." and the other half is saying "You should get it now to stay in line with what the ideal of version of you should be doing... and if you don't get it now, when? NEVER? Plus it would be a logical extension of something else you already started doing." And this thing is only $21. I will probably not get it though due to my preference for inaction and saving money.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I need an unhealthy amount of time/data to make a decision. I need to weigh every single possibility to each other.

It's been over 7 days and I'm still debating getting myself ONE thing for Christmas that I want. Half of me is like "You don't need this, don't be rash, save money." and the other half is saying "You should get it now to stay in line with what the ideal of version of you should be doing... and if you don't get it now, when? NEVER? Plus it would be a logical extension of something else you already started doing." And this thing is only $21. I will probably not get it though due to my preference for inaction and saving money.

THE POT

POOP

OR GET OFF!

;)

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really hate it when sometimes Ns are aloof in their thoughts, they really forget what's really happening in front of you. I mean, love how intuitives are very innovative and full of ideas... but when we aren't asking for how to improve certain entities, please don't think we are implying you to impose your ideas on us. We believe your presence in just hearing us out just means a lot to us.

This is something I've never understood about feeling types. They benefit the get from expressive a problem even if it's doesn't result in the problem being solved. And how they feel the need to be heard ...litterally. You can't just say "yes yes I know how you feel" you actually have to listend to the words for them to be satified. In a perfect INTP world people would know my feelings so that I could blissfully avoid talking about them!

I kept getting in tifts with my best firends husband (INFP) because he would sulk and feel bullied because no one was listening to him. Now I've reccently seen that if I jsut let him go through his whole speech first and then say why don't agree he's much less likely to get upset. I guess I feel like if i can anticipate his thoughts There's no reason for use to waste time saying it all but he wants to feel like he's said his peice.

I guess if I express things and nothing happenes I feel more compromised then I do understood. Sort of pointlessly displaying a weakness.

atreasuredembrace

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
This is something I've never understood about feeling types. They benefit the get from expressive a problem even if it's doesn't result in the problem being solved. And how they feel the need to be heard ...litterally. You can't just say "yes yes I know how you feel" you actually have to listend to the words for them to be satified. In a perfect INTP world people would know my feelings so that I could blissfully avoid talking about them!

I kept getting in tifts with my best firends husband (INFP) because he would sulk and feel bullied because no one was listening to him. Now I've reccently seen that if I jsut let him go through his whole speech first and then say why don't agree he's much less likely to get upset. I guess I feel like if i can anticipate his thoughts There's no reason for use to waste time saying it all but he wants to feel like he's said his peice.

I guess if I express things and nothing happenes I feel more compromised then I do understood. Sort of pointlessly displaying a weakness.

I believe that showing emotion is actually a strength. I believe emotion becomes a weakness when it's held in because without expression, lots of emotions hinder our clear thinking and that in turn will turn into really ugly thoughts. Ugly thoughts, if not handled properly, can really contribute to mental illness.

Feelers really just want to be heard. I know you Thinkers love picking at our information and really wonder why we say the things we do. Sure, there could be a logical explanation but more than half the time, we just need to express them and just have our friends just LISTEN. Really, that's all their is. Some encouragement after the emotion overload would be great. In fact, it would probably cut the time you hear them rant in half (or in all).

My ex is an INTP and one of the problems I had with him was telling me how he felt about things. I only would hear about them once he's fed up.

I believe you INTPs should work on expressing feelings, good and bad. Don't be afraid of your feelings. I am working on becoming more logical, so if I sound really stupid, I'm sorry, but I'm doing my best to get out of my own comfort zone to grow.

Anyway, feelings are temporary, so most of us will probably forget seconds later if your emotional expression is not that important, but we are here to listen.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I believe that showing emotion is actually a strength. I believe emotion becomes a weakness when it's held in because without expression, lots of emotions hinder our clear thinking and that in turn will turn into really ugly thoughts. Ugly thoughts, if not handled properly, can really contribute to mental illness.

Feelers really just want to be heard. I know you Thinkers love picking at our information and really wonder why we say the things we do. Sure, there could be a logical explanation but more than half the time, we just need to express them and just have our friends just LISTEN. Really, that's all their is. Some encouragement after the emotion overload would be great. In fact, it would probably cut the time you hear them rant in half (or in all).

My ex is an INTP and one of the problems I had with him was telling me how he felt about things. I only would hear about them once he's fed up.

I believe you INTPs should work on expressing feelings, good and bad. Don't be afraid of your feelings. I am working on becoming more logical, so if I sound really stupid, I'm sorry, but I'm doing my best to get out of my own comfort zone to grow.

Anyway, feelings are temporary, so most of us will probably forget seconds later if your emotional expression is not that important, but we are here to listen.

I guess it's just difficult because we seemed to be in a culture that validates things by emotion. You can just assure someone you feel a certain what they also was to sort of see and hear it. Like conversations about certain things that are painful just seem like you just could both agree to get over something rather than crying and fighting and then just agreeing to get over it.

But I guess that's all from perspective of seeing expression and a lot of feelings as self indulgent. Because I hold back a lot it seems offensive when other people don't see any need to keep a handle on their own emotions. I've him by annoyance/disappointment from you so you should do the same for me.

I definitely think the healthiest is mixture of expression and reservation, but it just seems like in modern times far fewer people advocate an introspective way of dealin with emotions.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1

Lol, 90% of what goes through my head with money matters.... except I end up spending it. =|