User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    why don't you clean your room?!?!!? My room is organized, the clean part doesn't matter so much

Why are you soo WEIRD?!?!?! If there were as many N's as their are S's, you would be the weird ones.

Why do you have such useless interests? Because we don't waste our time on sports, facebook, and American Idol

You're so obsessed with fantasy crap that doesn't exist! Why do you play fantasy football? boring

Why don't you like football? Cause it's boring because John Madden doesn't announce anymore

You like classical music? Are you gay or something? Metal is much better. Classical strings music is annoying

etc
    So there, take that

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

That being said, I have a 3rd complaint: The way you guys get all petulant when I'm not interested in whatever "deep" topic happens to golden your goose. Guys, it's usually nothing personal, but if there is some deep topic I'm not interested in, it's for one of two reasons usually:
    1) Because the topic just doesn't do anything for me. My interest in it may be passing or seasonal but over all it just doesn't happen to do anything for me. I'm sorry.
    2) Because I feel, in spite of whatever pedantic or bombastic presentation you've made of the topic, that you in fact don't really know what you're talking about or you're talking about nothing of value. You guys have this habit of getting into these mental-masturbation-loops where it's like you get high off your knowledge of the topic and yourselves and that you start to veer out of the realm of having talking about anything of substance and you spend all your time on possibilities that have little chance of ever actually materializing. That is usually when you always lose me.
    This. XD

Though, I'm not an SFJ, I am an SFP. This seems to sum up the most annoying things about intuitives quite well.

I have no HUGE issues with intuitives in real life, though online they can certainly be arrogant. In real life though, I know quite a few Ne users and just a couple of Ni users. (dom) Ne is a little scattered and airheaded for my liking. I love INFPs to death though. You'll never hear me utter a negative word about INFPs. I know a few XNFJs. The INFJ I know is totally out there and the two ENFJs I know are paranoid and overly concerned with interpersonal relationships. I only know one confirmed NT that I can think of. An ENTP. He is just as nuts as the ENFPs but a little more useful as he is good with computers.

So my consensus is this: intuitives are a little too out there and don't see the need to reel it in for the earthlings and think they're clever when more often than not they aren't. (or perhaps they are and it just isn't translating)
    ENFP
    7w6 3w2 9w8 so/sx
    sc|U|xi
    IEE
    Cancer

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by atreasuredembrace View Post
    turn into really ugly thoughts. Ugly thoughts, if not handled properly, can really contribute to mental illness.

Don't be afraid of your feelings. I am working on becoming more logical, but I'm doing my best to get out of my own comfort zone to grow.
    You are right - INTPs suppress their Fe. It turns ugly when it's been suppressed.

But what you call ugly thoughts has nothing to do with that. It's probably your own suppressed Ti. You are rejecting your thoughts based on Fe measures of right and wrong/good and bad/beautiful and ugly.

In order to develop your logical side, you'll have to find a way to survive the journey your own ugly thoughts will take you on.

Ti is like following a crumb path in the dark forest. You are scared to death but you still have to see what's at the end. That's where the stoicism of Ti people comes from.

Example: "If my parents die tomorrow, I'll get their money and house"

Here's is the catch - this very SAME process is what made Einstein, Disney, Steve Jobs, Michelangelo tick.
    How can something so obviously wrong as the example above produce such wonderful results?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    You are right - INTPs suppress their Fe. It turns ugly when it's been suppressed.

But what you call ugly thoughts has nothing to do with that. It's probably your own suppressed Ti. You are rejecting your thoughts based on Fe measures of right and wrong/good and bad/beautiful and ugly.

In order to develop your logical side, you'll have to find a way to survive the journey your own ugly thoughts will take you on.

Ti is like following a crumb path in the dark forest. You are scared to death but you still have to see what's at the end. That's where the stoicism of Ti people comes from.

Example: "If my parents die tomorrow, I'll get their money and house"

Here's is the catch - this very SAME process is what made Einstein, Disney, Steve Jobs, Michelangelo tick.
    How can something so obviously wrong as the example above produce such wonderful results?
    As far as negative emotions with INTP's, they come out rarely, but when they come out, they can cut deeper and are stronger than either the INTP or the other person wished for.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by roastingmallows View Post
    So my consensus is this: intuitives are a little too out there and don't see the need to reel it in for the earthlings
    sadly sometimes it's easier said than done! it's like translating to another language... sometimes the idioms don't line up...

(i mean this between all P functions, Ni-Ne-Si-Se, not just N-S).

Quote Originally Posted by roastingmallows View Post
    So my consensus is this: intuitives are a little too out there and don't see the need to reel it in for the earthlings and think they're clever when more often than not they aren't. (or perhaps they are and it just isn't translating)
    In my case it's not that I can't it's because I won't. It's a waste of time for the most part; a waste of both my time when simplifying and explaining doesn't serve me in any way but also a waste of theirs because they just dismiss it or humour it without understanding it after I explain it all. I do not have this problem with other intuitives.

In the end I just do my own thing and work behind the scenes a little (usually at work, at home I assert my position for the sake of it.) If they miss the connections and I see disaster coming I have two choices. I can either make them aware and "reel my concerns in for the earthlings" and stop them from falling into hot water or I can let them continue as a lesson to try and watch the chaos fly. E.g. my colleague has been consistently doing his job wrong simply because he is overlooking a key component which lies just outside of his main role which ties the bigger picture together into what the company is aiming for. The extent the consequence of his failure to consider is yet to be measured but I predict it could cause more than a few headaches. I have yet to tell him and if I do I will probably need to provide the explanation "sensor style" so he can grasp it and even then he would probably ignore or forget it!

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I am not an SFJ, but I will post the most common gripe I have against other intuitives. It's a work related one where I'm often in ESTJ mode taking care of operations and getting stuff done.

This INTP I work with thinks too much and slow. I don't wanna hear his ideas I want a solution, yesterday. If it ain't broke don't fix it! There is protocol and procedure for a reason, if you wanna change the rules do that later, not on my time. Stop trying to think outside the box, but if you must, SPEED it up there TURBO and DO something or get out of my way and let me handle it. Weird retard...

P.S. I feel better now that I got that off my chest.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I am not an SFJ, but I will post the most common gripe I have against other intuitives. It's a work related one where I'm often in ESTJ mode taking care of operations and getting stuff done.

This INTP I work with thinks too much and slow. I don't wanna hear his ideas I want a solution, yesterday. If it ain't broke don't fix it! There is protocol and procedure for a reason, if you wanna change the rules do that later, not on my time. Stop trying to think outside the box, but if you must, SPEED it up there TURBO and DO something or get out of my way and let me handle it. Weird retard...

P.S. I feel better now that I got that off my chest.
    Are you a manager? There is nothing worse in my opinion than an INFP manager in inferior-Te mode. Scary. Scary.

P.S. Cherish the out of the box thinking in your department. It's the only technique you have to make the other SJ managers look stupid and/or unimaginative. They won't respect you as an equal because they see your Te as crude.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Are you a manager? There is nothing worse in my opinion than an INFP manager in inferior-Te mode. Scary. Scary.
    Yes I work in a manager capacity. A time sensitive one that requires a lot of multi tasking. I've been working in operations for many years now. I actually enjoy it and consider myself content in the "career" department.

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    ...They won't respect you as an equal because they see your Te as crude.
    My two "supervisors" are INTJ, INTP, my immediate boss is an ISTJ, and our collective boss is ENTJ aka Zee Kaiser. Counting me, thats 4 Te users vs. 1 Ti user. I get along quite well with the TJ's and they appreciate my Te, imo, as we speak the same language. I don't actually talk to the INTP like I wrote in the above post, but I want to sometimes

Remember, this is a N bashing thread. Damn sensortards... they are EVERYWHERE it seems.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Welp, these are annoyances/issues I've experienced in dealings with specific Ns (NFs, to be more precise). I'm not comfortable generalizing.

In texting, I will ask my NF very specific questions, which require very short, simple answers. He routinely ignores my questions, and asks me something else.

Me: "What time would you like me to come over today?"
    NF: "Do you want me to pick up some beers for tonight? And how are you today?"
    Me: "I'm good. And no, you don't need to; I'll grab some on the way there. Speaking of, when would you like me to be there?"
    NF: "Want to listen to this new song I wrote?!"

There are two close NFs in my life who like to tell me how I'm REALLY feeling, or what I REALLY want. All. The. Time.

NF: "Did you like my song?"
    Me: "Yes. I especially liked blah blah and blah blah part of it."
    NF: "You think it's awful, don't you."
    Me:

I'm sorry. These might be specific to those NFs I know. But still. Enough to make me want to gouge out my eyeballs sometimes...