User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    THAT'S RIGHT. SMOTHER US WITH RULES AND FE.
    No, no, S women! Smother me with other things!
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

Junior Member atreasuredembrace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram

I really hate it when sometimes Ns are aloof in their thoughts, they really forget what's really happening in front of you. I mean, love how intuitives are very innovative and full of ideas... but when we aren't asking for how to improve certain entities, please don't think we are implying you to impose your ideas on us. We believe your presence in just hearing us out just means a lot to us.
    Make it bold and beautiful.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

*bump *

Edit:

damn beat me to it
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP

Sometimes I need an unhealthy amount of time/data to make a decision. I need to weigh every single possibility to each other.

It's been over 7 days and I'm still debating getting myself ONE thing for Christmas that I want. Half of me is like "You don't need this, don't be rash, save money." and the other half is saying "You should get it now to stay in line with what the ideal of version of you should be doing... and if you don't get it now, when? NEVER? Plus it would be a logical extension of something else you already started doing." And this thing is only $21. I will probably not get it though due to my preference for inaction and saving money.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    Sometimes I need an unhealthy amount of time/data to make a decision. I need to weigh every single possibility to each other.

It's been over 7 days and I'm still debating getting myself ONE thing for Christmas that I want. Half of me is like "You don't need this, don't be rash, save money." and the other half is saying "You should get it now to stay in line with what the ideal of version of you should be doing... and if you don't get it now, when? NEVER? Plus it would be a logical extension of something else you already started doing." And this thing is only $21. I will probably not get it though due to my preference for inaction and saving money.
    THE POT

POOP

OR GET OFF!

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by atreasuredembrace View Post
    I really hate it when sometimes Ns are aloof in their thoughts, they really forget what's really happening in front of you. I mean, love how intuitives are very innovative and full of ideas... but when we aren't asking for how to improve certain entities, please don't think we are implying you to impose your ideas on us. We believe your presence in just hearing us out just means a lot to us.
    This is something I've never understood about feeling types. They benefit the get from expressive a problem even if it's doesn't result in the problem being solved. And how they feel the need to be heard ...litterally. You can't just say "yes yes I know how you feel" you actually have to listend to the words for them to be satified. In a perfect INTP world people would know my feelings so that I could blissfully avoid talking about them!

I kept getting in tifts with my best firends husband (INFP) because he would sulk and feel bullied because no one was listening to him. Now I've reccently seen that if I jsut let him go through his whole speech first and then say why don't agree he's much less likely to get upset. I guess I feel like if i can anticipate his thoughts There's no reason for use to waste time saying it all but he wants to feel like he's said his peice.

I guess if I express things and nothing happenes I feel more compromised then I do understood. Sort of pointlessly displaying a weakness.

Junior Member atreasuredembrace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    This is something I've never understood about feeling types. They benefit the get from expressive a problem even if it's doesn't result in the problem being solved. And how they feel the need to be heard ...litterally. You can't just say "yes yes I know how you feel" you actually have to listend to the words for them to be satified. In a perfect INTP world people would know my feelings so that I could blissfully avoid talking about them!

I kept getting in tifts with my best firends husband (INFP) because he would sulk and feel bullied because no one was listening to him. Now I've reccently seen that if I jsut let him go through his whole speech first and then say why don't agree he's much less likely to get upset. I guess I feel like if i can anticipate his thoughts There's no reason for use to waste time saying it all but he wants to feel like he's said his peice.

I guess if I express things and nothing happenes I feel more compromised then I do understood. Sort of pointlessly displaying a weakness.
    I believe that showing emotion is actually a strength. I believe emotion becomes a weakness when it's held in because without expression, lots of emotions hinder our clear thinking and that in turn will turn into really ugly thoughts. Ugly thoughts, if not handled properly, can really contribute to mental illness.

Feelers really just want to be heard. I know you Thinkers love picking at our information and really wonder why we say the things we do. Sure, there could be a logical explanation but more than half the time, we just need to express them and just have our friends just LISTEN. Really, that's all their is. Some encouragement after the emotion overload would be great. In fact, it would probably cut the time you hear them rant in half (or in all).

My ex is an INTP and one of the problems I had with him was telling me how he felt about things. I only would hear about them once he's fed up.

I believe you INTPs should work on expressing feelings, good and bad. Don't be afraid of your feelings. I am working on becoming more logical, so if I sound really stupid, I'm sorry, but I'm doing my best to get out of my own comfort zone to grow.

Anyway, feelings are temporary, so most of us will probably forget seconds later if your emotional expression is not that important, but we are here to listen.
    Make it bold and beautiful.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by atreasuredembrace View Post
    I believe that showing emotion is actually a strength. I believe emotion becomes a weakness when it's held in because without expression, lots of emotions hinder our clear thinking and that in turn will turn into really ugly thoughts. Ugly thoughts, if not handled properly, can really contribute to mental illness.

Feelers really just want to be heard. I know you Thinkers love picking at our information and really wonder why we say the things we do. Sure, there could be a logical explanation but more than half the time, we just need to express them and just have our friends just LISTEN. Really, that's all their is. Some encouragement after the emotion overload would be great. In fact, it would probably cut the time you hear them rant in half (or in all).

My ex is an INTP and one of the problems I had with him was telling me how he felt about things. I only would hear about them once he's fed up.

I believe you INTPs should work on expressing feelings, good and bad. Don't be afraid of your feelings. I am working on becoming more logical, so if I sound really stupid, I'm sorry, but I'm doing my best to get out of my own comfort zone to grow.

Anyway, feelings are temporary, so most of us will probably forget seconds later if your emotional expression is not that important, but we are here to listen.

I guess it's just difficult because we seemed to be in a culture that validates things by emotion. You can just assure someone you feel a certain what they also was to sort of see and hear it. Like conversations about certain things that are painful just seem like you just could both agree to get over something rather than crying and fighting and then just agreeing to get over it.

But I guess that's all from perspective of seeing expression and a lot of feelings as self indulgent. Because I hold back a lot it seems offensive when other people don't see any need to keep a handle on their own emotions. I've him by annoyance/disappointment from you so you should do the same for me.

I definitely think the healthiest is mixture of expression and reservation, but it just seems like in modern times far fewer people advocate an introspective way of dealin with emotions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post

Lol, 90% of what goes through my head with money matters.... except I end up spending it. =|

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Intuitives make lousy cooks.
    You have yet to try my spiced rice