User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

You guys can sometimes read something into something I did or say where no pattern exists. I seriously think Freud was talking to an intuitive when he said, "Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar".

Whats worse, when we point out to you the rather mundane line of reasoning behind what we said/did, you act like we just slapped or insulted you or something
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    regarding the thread, i wish more sensors would participate.... i agree with some poster above that was saying that sensors always tell you you're "weird" and "why can't you be normal like X, Y and Z" and "why are you always brooding" or "why can't you just smile/be happy", etc. i find it a bit draining tbh, because it's not like i'm out there telling sensors, or anyone for that matter, how they should live, so why should them do it to me?

but still, it would be nice to read more stuff by sensors.....also, i have a feeling this forum is dominated by introverts and intuitives....right? both INTs and INFs.......maybe because people like to expand on theory etc and because introverts prefer writing to talking!?
    For the bolded: You may be doing that thing that Intuitive's do that I mentioned in my first post where you're brooding over something because the situation isn't optimal and instead of getting off your ass and doing something about it you're paralyzing yourself into inaction. When that involves your own life, that's your problem but when I'm depending on your decision for whatever reason, it can be aggravating

As far as N's go, I don't have a whole lot of complaints about them which is why I haven't posted much. You guys have so idiosyncrasies that can drive me up the wall but you're otherwise a really good bunch and most of the time I do very much appreciate the often from-left-field perspective I get from you guys. In fact, all of the romantic relationships that I've had thus far that have worked were with NF's. Go figure.

That being said, I have a 3rd complaint: The way you guys get all petulant when I'm not interested in whatever "deep" topic happens to golden your goose. Guys, it's usually nothing personal, but if there is some deep topic I'm not interested in, it's for one of two reasons usually:
    1) Because the topic just doesn't do anything for me. My interest in it may be passing or seasonal but over all it just doesn't happen to do anything for me. I'm sorry.
    2) Because I feel, in spite of whatever pedantic or bombastic presentation you've made of the topic, that you in fact don't really know what you're talking about or you're talking about nothing of value. You guys have this habit of getting into these mental-masturbation-loops where it's like you get high off your knowledge of the topic and yourselves and that you start to veer out of the realm of having talking about anything of substance and you spend all your time on possibilities that have little chance of ever actually materializing. That is usually when you always lose me.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    perhaps if you stopped trying to artificially induce feelings/socially obligating them to feel the way you want them to?
    I SAID BE HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm kidding.

It's more like I'm not trying to "make" them feel anything in particular, but they do express how dissatisfied they are.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I SAID BE HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm kidding.

It's more like I'm not trying to "make" them feel anything in particular, but they do express how dissatisfied they are.
    do you not express when you're dissatisfied?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

WALMART

do you not express when you're dissatisfied?

Perpetual dissatisfaction seems to be a theme, I think she was getting at. Not the act of vocalization of such thoughts, which is a gripe of mine against Ne.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Perpetual dissatisfaction seems to be a theme, I think she was getting at. Not the act of vocalization of such thoughts, which is a gripe of mine against Ne.
    it's more Ne+Fi actually (and a tendency in myself I try to watch out for lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

WALMART

it's more Ne+Fi actually (and a tendency in myself I try to watch out for lol)

lol, yeah, Fi more so than Ti. Though I do think Ti can be a more annoying expression, cause it's usually just Fi dressed up as fact.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    You guys can sometimes read something into something I did or say where no pattern exists. I seriously think Freud was talking to an intuitive when he said, "Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar".

Whats worse, when we point out to you the rather mundane line of reasoning behind what we said/did, you act like we just slapped or insulted you or something
    Hah! yeah...

Typically, I will put a fairly nonthreatening possibility out there and the person usually confirms or denies but with a clarification but every once in awhile it backfires. I never say angry/mad/pissed/annoyed. "You seem a bit off" is my favorite.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Intuitives are arrogant.
    Really? all of us?
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Freud was intuitive.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe