User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 92

  1. #31
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    I come out about equal on R and L brain tests. Though I was slightly higher L brain.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  2. #32
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    You're so deep and I don't like it!
    Not heard that one before. Although people do imply that depth is often negative to them. Just not that blatant.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Not heard that one before. Although people do imply that depth is often negative to them. Just not that blatant.
    That one was my mother and only my mother

  4. #34
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    That one was my mother and only my mother
    What she doesn't like depth? I wonder how she decend's down the stairs.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    What she doesn't like depth? I wonder how she decend's down the stairs.
    It's probably not the depth but what she suspects is contained inside. Her logic has always been that to be private or secretive means you have something to hide. When it comes to stairs she can see everything so there are no surprises. She is an ESFJ.

  6. #36
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    It's probably not the depth but what she suspects is contained inside. Her logic has always been that to be private or secretive means you have something to hide. When it comes to stairs she can see everything so there are no surprises. She is an ESFJ.
    Interesting. That seems to be a hang-up of Fe, especially when it is confronted by someone who doesn't do the whole 'receptive warmth because I was warm to you' routine.

    Se doms sometimes have a similar problem, but that is more because they are easily bored and will try to garner attention from others for their own amusement. Some theorists have put it that they dont like it when they cannot read someone by what is on the surface of their expressions or body language.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  7. #37
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    They mistake inadequate for special.

    They think being weird is cute.

  8. #38
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    i read an article recently that said that this whole left-right brain separation is not that clear. like, people actually use both sides and most processes use both sides at the same time (i think i read that they experimented with people that had one side damaged and so the functions normally associated with that side could be replaced by the other one.). anyway, yeah the point is it's not that clear. and i'm guessing same goes for MBTI and the obsessive separation between T and F and N and S, etc.

    regarding the thread, i wish more sensors would participate.... i agree with some poster above that was saying that sensors always tell you you're "weird" and "why can't you be normal like X, Y and Z" and "why are you always brooding" or "why can't you just smile/be happy", etc. i find it a bit draining tbh, because it's not like i'm out there telling sensors, or anyone for that matter, how they should live, so why should them do it to me?

    but still, it would be nice to read more stuff by sensors.....also, i have a feeling this forum is dominated by introverts and intuitives....right? both INTs and INFs.......maybe because people like to expand on theory etc and because introverts prefer writing to talking!?

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I come out about equal on R and L brain tests. Though I was slightly higher L brain.

  9. #39
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Intuitives are never satisfied. YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM HAPPY.
    perhaps if you stopped trying to artificially induce feelings/socially obligating them to feel the way you want them to?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #40
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    perhaps if you stopped trying to artificially induce feelings/socially obligating them to feel the way you want them to?
    Trying to make someone feel happy could be technically called 'induced'. But considering the context/intention behind it the world 'induce' is inappropriate wouldn't you say? And there is no social pressure behind trying to make someone feel happy. Out of context it is.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?
    By Tigerlily in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
  2. THINGS SENSORS DO THAT INTUITIVES HATE
    By Winds of Thor in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 10:35 AM
  3. 10 Things I Hate About You
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 08:31 AM
  4. [MBTItm] About Intuitive-Feeling and Prediction
    By Nadir in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 02:27 AM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO