First 23456 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I come out about equal on R and L brain tests. Though I was slightly higher L brain.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    You're so deep and I don't like it!
    Not heard that one before. Although people do imply that depth is often negative to them. Just not that blatant.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Not heard that one before. Although people do imply that depth is often negative to them. Just not that blatant.
    That one was my mother and only my mother

That one was my mother and only my mother
    What she doesn't like depth? I wonder how she decend's down the stairs.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    What she doesn't like depth? I wonder how she decend's down the stairs.
    It's probably not the depth but what she suspects is contained inside. Her logic has always been that to be private or secretive means you have something to hide. When it comes to stairs she can see everything so there are no surprises. She is an ESFJ.

It's probably not the depth but what she suspects is contained inside. Her logic has always been that to be private or secretive means you have something to hide. When it comes to stairs she can see everything so there are no surprises. She is an ESFJ.
    Interesting. That seems to be a hang-up of Fe, especially when it is confronted by someone who doesn't do the whole 'receptive warmth because I was warm to you' routine.

Se doms sometimes have a similar problem, but that is more because they are easily bored and will try to garner attention from others for their own amusement. Some theorists have put it that they dont like it when they cannot read someone by what is on the surface of their expressions or body language.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

They mistake inadequate for special.

They think being weird is cute.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i read an article recently that said that this whole left-right brain separation is not that clear. like, people actually use both sides and most processes use both sides at the same time (i think i read that they experimented with people that had one side damaged and so the functions normally associated with that side could be replaced by the other one.). anyway, yeah the point is it's not that clear. and i'm guessing same goes for MBTI and the obsessive separation between T and F and N and S, etc.

regarding the thread, i wish more sensors would participate.... i agree with some poster above that was saying that sensors always tell you you're "weird" and "why can't you be normal like X, Y and Z" and "why are you always brooding" or "why can't you just smile/be happy", etc. i find it a bit draining tbh, because it's not like i'm out there telling sensors, or anyone for that matter, how they should live, so why should them do it to me?

but still, it would be nice to read more stuff by sensors.....also, i have a feeling this forum is dominated by introverts and intuitives....right? both INTs and INFs.......maybe because people like to expand on theory etc and because introverts prefer writing to talking!?

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I come out about equal on R and L brain tests. Though I was slightly higher L brain.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Intuitives are never satisfied. YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM HAPPY.
    perhaps if you stopped trying to artificially induce feelings/socially obligating them to feel the way you want them to?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    perhaps if you stopped trying to artificially induce feelings/socially obligating them to feel the way you want them to?
    Trying to make someone feel happy could be technically called 'induced'. But considering the context/intention behind it the world 'induce' is inappropriate wouldn't you say? And there is no social pressure behind trying to make someone feel happy. Out of context it is.