User Tag List

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Default ESFJ's and organisation of the physical world?

Ive heard many times that judging types, and especially SJ's, are geared toward organisation and keeping track of physical details.

On top of this I have read quite a lot of information on the nature of SJ's keeping the house clean and generally just being on top of important details such as birth cetificates, documentation like P45's and other related bureaucratic requirements.

But see, im a bit out of sorts because....well im quite messy. Im not too bad on tidiness but usually my room is a tip compared with the rest of the house, although I see it more as organised chaos. Also while im sometimes on top of the documentation...often I slip up and it can elude me quite well, meaning I get into a lot of trouble at jobs in terms of pay and bank statements.

I am somewhat of an unhealthy ESFJ though. So this could be a functional switcharoo going on. Any other ESFJ's relate?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My spouse is ESFJ and isn't particularly into keeping the house clean and documentation. He keeps on top of them to a certain extent, but I'm actually better about both. He is meticulous about keeping the yard and cars clean though, so perhaps it's just that the house is more my domain, in terms of cleaning.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    My spouse is ESFJ and isn't particularly into keeping the house clean and documentation. He keeps on top of them to a certain extent, but I'm actually better about both. He is meticulous about keeping the yard and cars clean though, so perhaps it's just that the house is more my domain, in terms of cleaning.
    Hmm interesting. Mind you given the nature of Si, it could just be that those areas have left a bigger impression through Si, so he has ended up gathering more information and more attention for those tasks.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Glycerine

My dad is fairly relaxed but he definitely likes things a certain way. Things don't necessarily have to be exact but he likes tidiness. Where his "attention to detail" comes into play the most is planning. He can plan things down to the last detail effortlessly when he needs to. I, on the other hand, being the strong N, usually slip up somehow no matter how hard I overcompensate with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    My dad is fairly relaxed but he definitely likes things a certain way. Things don't necessarily have to be exact but he likes tidiness. Where his "attention to detail" comes into play the most is planning. He can plan things down to the last detail effortlessly when he needs to. I, on the other hand, being the strong N, usually slip up somehow no matter how hard I overcompensate with the details.
    Interesting. I wonder if the presence of my ESFJ mother sort of...compensates me from having to make the same effort she does when planning, for example, holidays. When going on holiday I frequently forget items of importance, such as skiing jackets and occasionally: Passports.

Suffice to say this has caused some big conflicts in our family.

- A.A. Milne.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if the presence of my ESFJ mother sort of...compensates me from having to make the same effort she does when planning, for example, holidays. When going on holiday I frequently forget items of importance, such as skiing jackets and occasionally: Passports.

Suffice to say this has caused some big conflicts in our family.
    That reminds me that although my dad is very detailed, he can be very forgetful and lose things.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    That reminds me that although my dad is very detailed, he can be very forgetful and lose things.
    Hah today at work I was halfway home and I suddenly thought...did I clock out? So I went all the way back to make sure. Im not losing my pay.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Not an ESFJ -- but I definitely can be messy*, and I've been known for losing things since I was a little kid. Left my coat on an airplane a few weeks ago and didn't realize it was gone until the plane was already halfway to its next destination.

*First, let things get out of hand for a week or three. Then, insanely power-clean for a day, Rinse, repeat.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Not an ESFJ -- but I definitely can be messy*, and I've been known for losing things since I was a little kid. Left my coat on an airplane a few weeks ago and didn't realize it was gone until the plane was already halfway to its next destination.

*First, let things get out of hand for a week or three. Then, insanely power-clean for a day, Rinse, repeat.
    YES! This is exactly how it is for myself too. My mother is obsessed with tidyness though, but I always say the same thing: " If you let me get on with it, I will tidy it in my own time". And I do.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    YES! This is exactly how it is for myself too. My mother is obsessed with tidyness though, but I always say the same thing: " If you let me get on with it, I will tidy it in my own time". And I do.
    I'm the same way. My interactions with my parents would go very similarly.

That's why I'm so glad I don't live with them anymore!!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!