User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i can be queen of vague. i just noticed it in another thread. it's not on purpose. i just generally imply everything oh wtf idkw i hope people understand me.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@tinker683
    this isn't an Si thing, it's a "stop being a dodgy little bitch and answer the goddamn question" thing
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i can be queen of vague. i just noticed it in another thread. it's not on purpose. i just generally imply everything oh wtf idkw i hope people understand me.
    I think this is an ENFP thing
    I'm making an effort to structure my answers to people more objectively and it seems to be helping.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

If someone doesn't answer I just figure they don't want to and I leave them alone. I would never harass someone or pry but I also acknowledge that there is a price to pay for remaining distant (lack of intimacy and closeness) and both parties will feel/experience that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I have a lot of ISFj friends, and I know they like to ask those sometimes excessively prying questions even just as a way to keep the conversation going.

What I usually do when I start thinking meeehh too many questions is saying something slightly nonsensical to just divert their attention, like "why were you out so late?" "because my clock's battery died and all the shops were closed and I spent time searching for an open one but didn't know what time it was so it ended up being late" or something like that. Then they roll their eyes and the conversation can start again.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

My INTJ roommate is the queen of evasive answers, even about the most trivial things. It drives me bananas.
    Last edited by Showbread; 11-10-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have a double standard here. I dislike receiving evasive answers, and will press until satisfied, or told that the topic is off-limits. I will, however, always respect a direct refusal to answer. On the other hand, I am very good at giving evasive answers that somehow satisfy or at least distract the questioner, and will do so when I think the answer is none of their business, or even something I just don't want to get into now. If someone detects the evasion and confronts me directly (this is rare), I will sometimes refuse directly. Or, depending on the topic, I might give them the answer as bluntly as possible, which always produces an entertaining reaction from them, causing them to regret asking in the first place.
    I have done a lot of this, almost exactly. As I get older, I really have less patience with people being evasive and I don't do it very often anymore either. Not without a reason. I'm more likely to be blunt, say the topic isn't up for discussion at this time or abrupt dismissal when they press.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

It depends.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I have done a lot of this, almost exactly. As I get older, I really have less patience with people being evasive and I don't do it very often anymore either. Not without a reason. I'm more likely to be blunt, say the topic isn't up for discussion at this time or abrupt dismissal when they press.
    See, that I can totally deal with. I understand that I can be nosey and some things just aren't my business. If you don't want to talk about it, just say so. My roommate will start asking hypothetical questions and go on with "well why do you want to know?" and "what would you say if I told you I was doing xyz?"
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

In your particular case it does seem like an Si thing (or more specifically Ne-inf. thing), though many people don't like evasiveness in general, it seems like it causes you anxiety because it forces you to think of what might've happened rather than add to your understanding of what happens.

Yes, some people are just evasive and hiding stuff, but some people just aren't as comfortable with focusing with the details of a happening as you, as an S-dom, are. For us N-doms, it can be downright impossible.