User Tag List

First 1234 Last

cause they make me giggle and I can make them giggle. They are so ordered, so I delight in introducing insanity, which they can then follow for a bit.

My favorite little girl is a 3yo ISTJ and we have the greatest convos. She is very Si in her data collections of terms and names and then i will trick her.

Once I tolde her that thier was an satallite on the roof of our building-She just laughed and laughed at me. She gets my jokes.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    cause they make me giggle and I can make them giggle. They are so ordered, so I delight in introducing insanity, which they can then follow for a bit.
    I love this. I think it would be fun to watch an ISTJ (myself included) scurry around trying to keep everything in order and neat while you just stand back and laugh at how overly serious we take everything.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ah! A thread for meeee. As a self-typed ISFP who many people think is ESFP or ENFP, and who has lived a very free spirited life, I can summarize precisely for you why I LOVE ISxJ men (and the occasional ESFJ)...

I really love organized, clean, good smelling men with money. The only thing that's more delightful than that is good-humored, polite consistency. Predictability and stability is so hot when you run three miles every morning and smell like Macys.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

@Orobas

oh yeah I agree that ISTJs are actually great to laugh with. A lot of people dont seem to realize that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes yes I like that whole mature, cold, shy thing too, but Im fascinated how no one but me here has mentioned how physically hot SJs can be because of their sense of order, normality, professionalsim, etc.

@Habba touched on it bc of how ISTJs get laid bc they wear suits, but even when they wear jeans, its always so effing clean and detailed, its something they tend to advertise very physically, but in this understated way.

I hate slobby men. Hate them. So gross. Just no.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yes yes I like that whole mature, cold, shy thing too, but Im fascinated how no one but me here has mentioned how physically hot SJs can be because of their sense of order, normality, professionalsim, etc.

In my experience, women prefer men who are more laid back and messy and risky and "masculine" if you will in the sense that they are more care-free and don't care as much. In today's culture, it is almost feminine to be neat and tidy and old-fashioned to dress well. And yet you say those qualities are attractive? I would never consider becoming less of who I am (neat, tidy, enjoy dressing well/suits), but I have to wonder who exactly I'm inadvertently catering too? (as in, how many feel the same why you do and what kind of person?)

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

My ex is probably ISTJ. She was loyal, dependable, funny, cute, very tough and sometimes fearless. She was less socially adept than I, so I did most of the event planning, while she planned vacations and outings for the two of us. We even worked together for several years, so we were together nearly 24 hours a day. But it all fell apart. We still communicate a few times a month, usually via text.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

This is one thing I'll say for ISTJ men. I usually relate most to the ones in sales, and god can they handle their liquor. I could see how they would be appealing to a more stability/security oriented personality, maybe an sp first or something.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz View Post
    In my experience, women prefer men who are more laid back and messy and risky and "masculine" if you will in the sense that they are more care-free and don't care as much. In today's culture, it is almost feminine to be neat and tidy and old-fashioned to dress well. And yet you say those qualities are attractive? I would never consider becoming less of who I am (neat, tidy, enjoy dressing well/suits), but I have to wonder who exactly I'm inadvertently catering too? (as in, how many feel the same why you do and what kind of person?)
    I guess you're mostly seeing an STP/SFJ dichotomy that is male/female in the American media then?

Yeah, I like for men to be clean. Some of my bfs have been more organized than me. There's something awesome about a man who vacuums, washes the sheets, and it's a real plus of he's one of those that smell like Macy's. Yeah, I know all SJs aren't athletic or prone to wearing sexy cologne, but it's a specific manifestation of a general attitude toward health and grooming that can come along with Si/Je.

An ISTJ can give a very "cold" appearance that's still masculine and "not caring as much" that makes him seem stronger; he's just strong in a different way. He cares very much about risks, but won't let your emo affect him on his way to achieve his goals.

Of course, men "not caring" really shouldn't be normative, either. After the initial chase and courtship, I actually prefer an attentive and reliable man who shows he cares in concrete way that manifest in providing in some way for my well-being.

I've noticed even with the SFJs I've dated, they manage to be more comfortable with their feelings without overdoing it, like they still have a pretty firm sense of cultural masculinity, though they may be more companionable and/or emotionally expressive then some men. I eat it up with a spoon.

What kind of person? Well I'm sure an ESFJ could just as easily marry an ISTJ as an ESFP or ENFP or ISFP, so it depends on the individual. Each combo comes with its own challenges and rewards.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Marm

thinking of you