User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default Writing to please my SJ boss

I have to do a write up for my ESTJ boss. He initially told me to write about how we installed a certain project. After reviewing it he thought it was too step by step. I think he wants it to be more conversational and human rather then technical. It's giving me a bit of a disconnect in my head because I generally either write technically or humorously (absurdly in a way that wouldn't be professional). It's for a professional networking website for out field.

MBTI
    intp

Is there another article you could model it off of? Sometimes it can help to get a better picture of what they're after.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Even though SJ's are very detail - oriented, in places of authority we tend to appreciate direct and concise summaries. When I write, I tend to write down what I am speaking to myself as if there were someone across the room. Don't get personal or informal, that will just discredit you in the SJ's eyes, but make it direct and to the point. I know I sound a little redundant but I cannot stress that enough. I would take the step-by-step write-up and see if you can condense it into a more fluid report. I hope this helps and good luck.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz View Post
    Even though SJ's are very detail - oriented, in places of authority we tend to appreciate direct and concise summaries. When I write, I tend to write down what I am speaking to myself as if there were someone across the room. Don't get personal or informal, that will just discredit you in the SJ's eyes, but make it direct and to the point. I know I sound a little redundant but I cannot stress that enough. I would take the step-by-step write-up and see if you can condense it into a more fluid report. I hope this helps and good luck.
    I'd like to second this, as it was a great suggestion. This should especially appeal to his Te side.

Make sure it's organized well also.