MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    She told me she liked to be held down.
    Now THAT'S a better SJ! How is she on hair-pulling?

What? Just wondering....

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Honestly, I wouldn't use this forum as an accurate reflection of what most SJs are like. If SJs are the majority of the population then I don't have problems with the majority of the population. If I ever find myself having problems with most people then I'd think there's something about myself that needs to change. I'm not saying that I don't have problems with some SJs but usually it's some other issue at work, not their inherent SJness.
    Honestly you are one of the first guys on this forum, that really has a plan to life. There is all that analytical NT thinkig and analyzing but no one really can work with it, for it is the gods only that understand.

What you are talking about is humanism (and believe me, my people learned alot about humanism after 2 wars ) and humanisam means that there is a distinct line on which you must move to communicate with people. That is not resulting out of conformism but out of the difference human beings have to each other.

An in depth analysis of a human being is logically possible, but there is one disticnt flaw that no logic can comprehend. Entropy.

You can think of one human in all the Ni/Te/Fe ways you want, but you will only scratch the surface. NT rationals are to be concerned with scientific systems, not with humanistic. We have to present ideas, not solutions, cause we are not in the business of soluting.

That whole MBTI Test is one hell of an idea. It's coherent and rarely fails. But it really narrows people in that seem to had a grip on the entropic world.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm pretty sure NTs would sell their chances of getting along with most people for a chance at knowledge.

ooops, most of us have already!

Being a better SJ -- umm, have you noticed anything that's really bothering the people around you that you've only been doing 'just because'? Also... take care of yourself. I know a lot of people who are probably SJ who do not take care of their own health. They're too busy trying to save the world from disorganization that they don't pay enough attention to themselves. So, umm, take care of yourself.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'm pretty sure NTs would sell their chances of getting along with most people for a chance at knowledge.

ooops, most of us have already!

Being a better SJ -- umm, have you noticed anything that's really bothering the people around you that you've only been doing 'just because'? Also... take care of yourself. I know a lot of people who are probably SJ who do not take care of their own health. They're too busy trying to save the world from disorganization that they don't pay enough attention to themselves. So, umm, take care of yourself.
    SJs have that work hard, party hard, then work even harder mentality. Relaxation and self-reflection are super-important. I had a friend into TM show me some meditation techniques the other day. It was very nice. I am an inveterate multitasker, so doing nothing but relaxing and listening to myself breathe was different for me, and very pleasant.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Wow, thanks to everyone for all the excellent advice. You've given me a lot to think about for the next few days.

I know now that I'm not stuck in my ISTJ box. Just need to exercise my inferior functions a little more.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    ISTx

So u wanna be a better SJ?

Step 1: Be more like me

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    How do you become a healthier SJ? Just by reading these posts recently I've discovered those nitpicky stereotypical things that other types don't like about SJs...too task-oriented, tend to micromanage, too focused, etc, and I've tried to be more laid-back and less controlling. But I don't really feel like "myself" when I do that!

I'm not against a person wanting to improve themselves if that's what they want to do but keep in mind that there are other types who are complimentary to yours. Nobody's perfect.

MBTI
    INTP

A car accident helps.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    dnivera, I wouldn't take the posts written on this forum as a baseline for self-judgment. To that end, I agree with athenian's first post. There are some dark undercurrents flowing beneath the happy-go-lucky exterior of this forum that sort of tip the scales where the equality of types are concerned.

Secondly, "ISTJ" by itself does not mean much. Instead of asking to be a better SJ and therefore a subscriber to stereotype, you might consider thinking outside the MBTI and consider your qualities, strengths and weaknesses regardless of how they (and by extension you) fit into the ISTJ mold. Do not rely on external opinion overmuch for personal, internal growth -- instead self-examine yourself and reach your own conclusions about what you should improve about yourself.
    +1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

How to be a better SJ?

I think you should just accept yourself as you are. Do not try to change in order to please others. Do improve yourself if YOU see it is necessary. But the main thing is to accept yourself with your good and not so good traits.