First 12

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Oh dear. Maybe she's a very shy ISFJ?

You mean I have to feign all three of those?
    Oy. Feigning sincerity is always a fool's errand. Since feigning any of your emotions is in fact the opposite of sincerity, it's hard to convincingly pretend to be sincere, and people really don't appreciate it if they find out.

Besides... if you're actually interested, then you'd be sincere in showing interest. Why feign that?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I just find those three traits so... I don't know. They're not exactly my forte. I'm very much interested in her, I'm just not good at pulling off the caring, 'nurturing' sort if that makes sense? Naturally when it comes to courting I'm all about the playful banter, not sincerity. I'm thinking the main problem here is not being completely sure of the definition of 'sincerity'. I'll go look it up now.

sincerity (countable and uncountable; plural sincerities)

The quality or state of being sincere; honesty of mind or intention; freedom from simulation, hypocrisy, disguise, or false pretense.
    Ahh, I see. No, to me the foundation of a relationship is this. That and GSOH. I always thought 'sincerity' was to be considerate in a subserviant manner. Don't ask why, I just did.

That aside, is there any way I can go about engaging her in conversation about us two going out. How do I just pop the question without terrifying her? I'm thinking of handing a hand-written note to her confessing my feelings, but something tells me that would come off as rude.
    Last edited by Grungemouse; 07-08-2008 at 10:00 AM.

MBTI
    INxJ

I re-read your post more thoroughly. Distance shouldn't be an issue if you have your own transportation. Personality type matching is merely a suggestion. No one fits any of the descriptions to a tee anyway. It should be judged on a case by case basis. Nonetheless, ISFJ and INTP are supposedly a holy grail match.

It's worse to not say anything at all. If a note is your best feasible option, explain that in the letter. She will understand your doing your best if you make it known. If it were me, I'd just ask her to do something directly. Painting pottery, botanical garden, or science museum. If it's awkward you have some fall back activity like looking at stuff to help with the jitters.

Either way, someone has to initiate. I can guarantee it's absolutely worth it. I would even say life changing. I thought I was gay for 8 years, after my first girl experiences. ^.~

Best of luck to you.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Its simply a 2 1/2 hour train journey to her hometown, which isn't a problem for me at all. I like the journey almost a fraction as much as the prospect of meeting her. Oh, I know that. I was merely curious of the possible miscommunication and misjudging signals, thats all. As for our case, we get on really well. We're into the same music, films, sense of humour. Plus we're entirely comfortable in each others company... well, we were, at least. Now we're just plain shy of one another.

Well we're meeting up (in November *scowl*) to go to a rock concert, so there's a start. But I'll nudge myself and ask for a meet up sooner, like in the summer holidays. A day out in the town would be nice. Or the local Air Show...

I agree, someone has to make the first move so it may as well be me. =P

Thanks for your help!

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Well we're meeting up (in November *scowl*) to go to a rock concert, so there's a start. But I'll nudge myself and ask for a meet up sooner, like in the summer holidays. A day out in the town would be nice. Or the local Air Show...

I agree, someone has to make the first move so it may as well be me. =P

Thanks for your help!
    Love is so bittersweet, in a good way. Waiting must feel like an eternity when your first courting someone. Slow and steady seems a better fit for you both though. I'm glad your going to take action.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Sincerity, kindness and confidence is always appreciated.
    + 1, Giggly. Thats best way of treating with ISFJ anyway
    The more u know who u r and what u want, the less u let things upset u..

MBTI
    TOTO

"Hey, let's go out to the movies this saturday"

If you meant "ask out" as if on a date.

"I think we should go exclusive."
    If you menat "ask out" as if to seal a deal, to become relationship partners.