• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] STJ vs. STP athletes

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Athletes...I have trouble telling the difference between these two.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In a bowling tournament, both types will keep focused on their game. But the STP will be the one smoking using the ashtray built into the ball return.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kobe Bryant - ISTJ
Michael Jordan - ISTP

As ISTs they have many similarities though Kobe as a J is more focused and task oriented whereas Jordan as a P is more adventurous and would even golf and play cards all day before games. Kobe instead would meditate.

Were you thinking of basketball [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] by the way when you made this thread?

Others include:
Ray Allen - ISTJ
Rajon Rondo - ISTP
Dirk Nowitzski - ISTJ
Jason Kidd - ISTP
Manu Genobli - ISTJ
Tim Duncan - ISTP

There are plenty of other examples I am sure though that's all I can think of for now.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As ISTs they have many similarities though Kobe as a J is more focused and task oriented whereas Jordan as a P is more adventurous and would even golf and play cards all day before games. Kobe instead would meditate.

I think you nailed it with that :nice:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In a bowling tournament, both types will keep focused on their game. But the STP will be the one smoking using the ashtray built into the ball return.

lmao!

Kobe Bryant - ISTJ
Michael Jordan - ISTP

Were you thinking of basketball [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] by the way when you made this thread?

Others include:
Ray Allen - ISTJ
Rajon Rondo - ISTP
Dirk Nowitzski - ISTJ
Jason Kidd - ISTP
Manu Genobli - ISTJ
Tim Duncan - ISTP

There are plenty of other examples I am sure though that's all I can think of for now.

Ooooh I like that. :D

I was thinking of all "traditional" sports not just basketball in particular. I wanted to exclude extreme sports.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is a difference in concentration between the two types. STJs will be focused on the task ahead, on their duty to perform, as such, whereas STPs will be focused on winning and fun. Both drives can look very similar when they are aimed at the same thing, but the STP will probably less serious in behaviour, until he steps up to the plate, at which point they become literally 'in the moment' with what they are doing and seem to have immense focus, whereas an STJ will probably exude focus from the get-go, and look more cautious overall, more focused on anything that might disturb his plan and double check things for that. I dunno how to explain it, but STJs look more calm and persistent, and STPs look more intense and in perfect harmony with their environment and motions.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would say STJs have more of a desire to be perfect, where as STPs have a desire to just always get better

MXZCCT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
STJ's are more "proper" in their techniques while playing a sport. More by the book skills than an STP would ever have a desire to do.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
STJ's are more "proper" in their techniques while playing a sport. More by the book skills than an STP would ever have a desire to do.

of course, we dont read ;) atleast not a rule book. STPs go more by what works for them instead of trying to mimmick "proper" technique. Sometimes its "proper" sometimes its not.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I watch a ton of ufc and mma I even know the different personality types of the fighters. I find SPs have more skill in terms of applying overall technique and sjs are more diciplined in their training regiments and routines. An sj is usually the kind that wouldd have excellent strength and cardio and better overall ftiness while an SP is the more cerbral type with better technique and more tricks in their game.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I would say STJs have more of a desire to be perfect, where as STPs have a desire to just always get better

I know when I train I want to get my techniques as perfect as possible I tend to ask alot of questions

jixmixfix

Permabanned
There is a difference in concentration between the two types. STJs will be focused on the task ahead, on their duty to perform, as such, whereas STPs will be focused on winning and fun. Both drives can look very similar when they are aimed at the same thing, but the STP will probably less serious in behaviour, until he steps up to the plate, at which point they become literally 'in the moment' with what they are doing and seem to have immense focus, whereas an STJ will probably exude focus from the get-go, and look more cautious overall, more focused on anything that might disturb his plan and double check things for that. I dunno how to explain it, but STJs look more calm and persistent, and STPs look more intense and in perfect harmony with their environment and motions.

I think being cautious stems more from being an introvert vs extrovert. I agree with sps being more in touch with their surroundings there is definatly a natural flow and finess that you see.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you, guys! This helped tremendously.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'd say STJs make a better captain than STPs, where as STPs tend to be more talented in a dynamic environment.

Football example, I believe Xavi Hernandez is an ISTJ where as Lionel Messi is ISTP. Xavi controls the flow of the game and allows his team mates to over achieve themselves. Messi on the other hand is incredibly nimble, next to impossible to stop.

STJs like organizing their team, believing disciple brings success.
STPs like leading by an example, trying to capture the momentum.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
ESFJ I play wallyball with- the guy gets so frustrated during a game- he'll fuss over his teammate's botched set and it will break his concentration. he's fussing so much we'll shoot back at him and he's not ready. :D He's also quick to assess blame.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That sounds accurate to me.