User Tag List

123 Last

A_priori

Default ISTJs, special connection with animals?

Hello ISTJs, I was just wondering if you guys find it a lot easier to connect with animals over people. My step mom is an ISTJ and she is very connected with her dog and other animals. She is not much of a social but she seems to have this special connection with animals. How do you guys feel this relates?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

That ISTJs-and-dogs story has appeared several times on here. I feel it's true, too, but who knows?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LSI

Dogs love me, its a little disturbing since I am to be fair grumpy and they always seem happy when I am around.

Ever since I was a kid, dogs, big and small follow me around and insist I play with them.
    Three things:

"Reason is our soul's left hand, faith her right." - John Donne

"Take honour from me and my life is done" - Shakespeare's Richard II

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Evolution?

thinking of you

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'd absolutely say this is true. I like animals. I'm good with animals. Animals tend to like me. My dog is my best friend in the world and I love her dearly.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Usually when I go to someone's house for the first time, their pets form a bond with me quite quickly. It's nice.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I am bothered by how dogs appear so desperate for approval. I don't see it as friendliness.

But, equally bothering is how endearing I find animals when I am alone with them to spend any sort of time. Otherwise, in public to show my affection would be quite uncomfortable.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by A_priori View Post
    Hello ISTJs, I was just wondering if you guys find it a lot easier to connect with animals over people. My step mom is an ISTJ and she is very connected with her dog and other animals. She is not much of a social but she seems to have this special connection with animals. How do you guys feel this relates?
    Sounds like my mom - who is almost certainly IxTJ (not sure of her type - she honestly seems like a strange ISTJ/INTJ hybrid.) She doesn't connect that easily with a lot of people and has told me she wishes she had my social skills or tolerance for other people - but she has a weird connection with animals, dogs in particular. They just absolutely adore her. It's like she speaks their language - I've seen dogs who were shy or unfriendly with most people be absolutely devoted to her within minutes. She loves a lot of other animals too.

Perhaps for an IxTJ, animals are a way of approaching emotions and mushy loviness, but the animal doesn't put the demands on you that a human would? Not sure.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Sounds like my mom - who is almost certainly IxTJ (not sure of her type - she honestly seems like a strange ISTJ/INTJ hybrid.) She doesn't connect that easily with a lot of people and has told me she wishes she had my social skills or tolerance for other people - but she has a weird connection with animals, dogs in particular. They just absolutely adore her. It's like she speaks their language - I've seen dogs who were shy or unfriendly with most people be absolutely devoted to her within minutes. She loves a lot of other animals too.

Perhaps for an IxTJ, animals are a way of approaching emotions and mushy loviness, but the animal doesn't put the demands on you that a human would? Not sure.
    This is very spot on. At least it's similar to how my mom works. I think she's ISTJ. She doesn't get along with others so well, just a means to an end it seems. But when it comes to animals...she's so different with them.

A_priori

You know it's strange because at a glance my step mom "the ISTJ" tends to come quite dissconected. She is quite, reclusive, and the majority of her time she spends doing things independently. She likes to have her own space but at the same time she needs to know how much we care, after that she wants to be left alone again lol. It wasn't untill I became a little older and started to take a deeper look at who she was as a person that i came to appreciate all of her many qualities. I guess in a lot of the ways she is the queen of our household. She is always a step ahead of everyone when it comes to making a reservation or booking a flight. She is so organized and incredibly calculated that she often tells me when the last time I had a dental cleaning. I think there is so much to be said for ISTJs in terms of charictoristics and you guys really deserve so much credit. A very intresting set of functions to have indeed.

One last thing "back on topic" We have this cat that lives next door who will not come to anyone, yesterday my step mom was watering the grass and the cat was following her around and laying on the hood of her car. I seriously don't get it lol.. She just has a certain vibe I guess?? To funny!