User Tag List

First 123 Last

Permabanned

Kids and animals like me like kids under the age of 5. My niece is 1 and a half and she smiles everytime she sees me. I don't really like kids though they are pretty annoying.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I thought the animal relationship was a bleeding heart 'F' thing.

I like animals... but I would rather not own one. Whenever I go to a new friends' house, as hard as I push the animals away, their pets (especially dogs) make a bee line straight for me and it's like an automatic best friend thing. After that, I have a hard time getting said animal to leave me alone. It's very strange.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTx

I like dogs more than people, for sure.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Dogs are very loyal and steadfast.

My dad is a sucker for pets. He didn't want a dog because he had one as a child and was so heart broken when it died. He has a hard time putting them to sleep even when it's time.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

ISTJs move more cautiously, make less noise and are generally more calm than other times. This is why animals aren less afraid of ISTJs. Or maybe we just have a fancy aura animals like.

I never had a dog before I moved into my girlfriend's apartment. Now there's two of them (+ puppies), and they're so great. I've always had respect for dogs, mostly because of their loyalty and docileness.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    ISTJs move more cautiously, make less noise and are generally more calm than other times. This is why animals aren less afraid of ISTJs.
    I hadn't considered this. This makes a lot of sense. I imagine movements that are more aggressive are really unsettling to animals - especially those who have more of a 'prey animal' nature.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

The Iron Giant

I've never considered myself a dog person, but I had them in the house most of the time when I was growing up. I've generally preferred cats, but after a string of poorly behaved ones, I've stopped having either. I had a dog that was really fantastic a few years ago, he died in 2009.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

bunnies and bears.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    ISTJs move more cautiously, make less noise and are generally more calm than other times. This is why animals aren less afraid of ISTJs. Or maybe we just have a fancy aura animals like.
    This makes a lot of sense. I think domesticated animals like people who are calm, confident, and patient, and unlikely to shock/surprise them (e.g. with sudden movements). ISTJs seem to fit that bill.
    I've always had respect for dogs, mostly because of their loyalty and docileness.
    I've tried to like dogs, for this reason. But I didn't grow up with them and I'm almost never around them, so I don't understand them as well as I understand cats. Also, I'm confident enough with cats to give off the vibe described earlier in the post. (My INTP dad is like this too, though my INFJ mom is not.) I have an intuitive understanding of cats and make fast friends with almost every cat I encounter -- with the exception of highly socialized/highly apathetic cats, e.g. cats that live in stores/businesses.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Yeah.. animals like me.. But I prefer reasonable people. Or girls.
    But well behaved animals are fine in my book. And I will kindly tolerate them.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."