• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] What I like about ISTJ's and what do you like in others?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I've had more experience with ISTJ's than any other types and here's what I like best about them, just in case anyone wants to know:)

1. their honesty, their integrity.
2. their dependability.
3. their loyalty.
4. their sense of fairness.
5. the ones I know are just "good people" and even though they may be uncomfortable with change and even rant about it a little, when push comes to shove, the ISTJ's I know are people I can count on in a real crisis.
6. one ISTJ watches sci-fi with me and doesn't think I'm weird when I want to talk about "supernatural" stuff, even when he doesn't really understand.
7. desire to do things "right"

I guess I just want to say that even though, sometimes, I know I get on the nerves of the ISTJ's in my life, I really do like them and I'm glad to have them in my life.

So, here's a question for you all. What do you value you in your friends and other types of relationships, too?

alton

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.:hi: :newwink:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really value STJs for their straightforwardness, fairness, integrity, sense of responsibility, and willingness to give practical help at a moment's notice. Like you said, you always know you can count on them. I have a huge soft spot in my heart for the SJs amongst my family and friends because I think they are such good people. They're builders, nurturers, protectors, guardians. They have an incredible sense of duty and STJs in particular also usually have a good sense of clear boundaries, so it's really easy to interact with them on fair terms. I never feel manipulated by them and I never have to worry about whether they're being forthright or not.

I feel like they're the ones who really implement the goodness in the world that NFs dream of, and an NF-SJ team can really keep each other uplifted as the NF is inspired by the good acts of the SJ and the SJ is inspired by the idealistic viewpoint of the NF. I think both can be very soothing to the other when they're feeling burnt out, because they see in the other that their action and dreaming aren't for naught. This is how it works for my SJ and I - we both see the goodness of the world in each other. :heart:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a little confused by the OP. Whose opinion are you asking for? Which "others" are you referring to?
I really value STJs for their straightforwardness, fairness, integrity, sense of responsibility, and willingness to give practical help at a moment's notice. Like you said, you always know you can count on them. I have a huge soft spot in my heart for the SJs amongst my family and friends because I think they are such good people. They're builders, nurturers, protectors, guardians. They have an incredible sense of duty and STJs in particular also usually have a good sense of clear boundaries, so it's really easy to interact with them on fair terms. I never feel manipulated by them and I never have to worry about whether they're being forthright or not.

I feel like they're the ones who really implement the goodness in the world that NFs dream of, and an NF-SJ team can really keep each other uplifted as the NF is inspired by the good acts of the SJ and the SJ is inspired by the idealistic viewpoint of the NF. I think both can be very soothing to the other when they're feeling burnt out, because they see in the other that their action and dreaming aren't for naught. This is how it works for my SJ and I - we both see the goodness of the world in each other. :heart:
This rings so true with my friendship with my ENFP friend, who is one of my closest friends in the world. I admire her principles, and I admire how she dreams outside the box, and then is so determined to achieve that dream, that she often succeeds. She admires my principles, and she agrees with the bolded in your post; how she phrased it to me recently was that she loved that I "let her have her opinion", i.e. that I don't try to mold her to my image, but instead respect her viewpoints and can discuss them intensely with her without evangelizing.

I think that's a misconception about STJs, generally; they do tend towards a knee-jerk "that's wrong" reaction after hearing views contrary to theirs, but after that will be very open to new ideas, asking loads of sensible questions. (We often are a lot more intellectually curious than people give us credit for.)

Also: I like NFs for the same reason that you like SJs, i.e. that they're good people. In a lot of ways, NFs and I have the same goals and the same values. We're kindred spirits. :)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I like being ISTJ because:
* It's easy being clear-headed
* I like the ability to find faulty patterns and inconsistencies in things around me.
* I love it when I'm able to bring rules and order in an chaotic environment.
* I love it that I can separate the form and function. An ugly(/cheap) car is just as much a car as a beautiful(/expensive) one.
* I'm almost never overwhelmed by rules and complexities of systems.

What my INFJ has said about me:
* I should do all the navigation whenever we're on the road
* I'm good at checking that things are okay
* I'm not easily overcome by obstacles and misfortune
* I'm always so calm

T

The Iron Giant

What do you value you in your friends and other types of relationships, too?

The usual stuff. Honesty and stability in my friendships, and I value these plus good conversation, affection, integrity, passion, and plenty of humor in my romantic relationship.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Loved reading the responses and I was surprised that Skylights also has an ISTJ in life! Also, the part about navigation, Habba, is SO true. I like to have an ISTJ around when I've got to go somewhere. I like that the ones in my life never get lost.

T

The Iron Giant

I like that the ones in my life never get lost.

I get lost on occasion, but I don't get upset about it. Nowadays I have a GPS, but even before, it was like, well, I'll just drive until I see something I recognize... that's about right.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
haha...that works, too, Stephen.