User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well maybe...but he was also saying they dont have a sodding clue about what they really want in terms of the core nature of their character, implying that ESFJ's are actually quite bad at picking soul mates but fairly good at check-list partners.

Doesn't seem that appealing to me.
    I wonder if he was defining love differently. Because the idea that ESFJs have very particular societal standards about who they seek out for romance, is pretty accurate. It's similar with ESTJs. But surely Jung knew that you never choose who you love. You can't choose your soul mate. That's not how soul mates work.

More importantly the implication is that they lack self-identification and are very ignorant about themselves. But then again he wont have really been talking about ESFJ's, I think that was an excerpt from his definitions of the Fe type, wasn't it?
    I think the implication is that Jung meant "love" as an action, i.e. loving behavior.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well maybe...but he was also saying they dont have a sodding clue about what they really want in terms of the core nature of their character, implying that ESFJ's are actually quite bad at picking soul mates but fairly good at check-list partners.

Doesn't seem that appealing to me.

More importantly the implication is that they lack self-identification and are very ignorant about themselves. But then again he wont have really been talking about ESFJ's, I think that was an excerpt from his definitions of the Fe type, wasn't it?
    Yes.

While what was quoted above may be true for some SJ's and Fe types, it's certainly not true for all, and I'm willing to bet it's not true for a notable portion of them, and this is the sort of thing that has always made me say that the descriptions of SJ's are off or not quite right.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Here I am, ladies. Give me your best shot. I'll tell you if you fit my set of predetermined requirements.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Yes.

While what was quoted above may be true for some SJ's and Fe types, it's certainly not true for all, and I'm willing to bet it's not true for a notable portion of them, and this is the sort of thing that has always made me say that the descriptions of SJ's are off or not quite right.
    I get the feeling that quite a few of the people who have developed and improved upon and written about MBTI tend to be people who like to write about how special they are and scapegoat the people they find less appealing - given the idea of reaction formation, it's probably very much about projecting their own weaknesses as "bad" and rejecting the people who they feel like are more accepted and therefore "made" them disadvantaged. Just like Enneagram 6 (and 1, I feel like) gets scapegoated into being "rote", a "follower", part of the "sheople"... etc. I doubt it's even conscious on their parts.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I get the feeling that quite a few of the people who have developed and improved upon and written about MBTI tend to be people who like to write about how special they are and scapegoat the people they find less appealing - given the idea of reaction formation, it's probably very much about projecting their own weaknesses as "bad" and rejecting the people who they feel like are more accepted and therefore "made" them disadvantaged. Just like Enneagram 6 (and 1, I feel like) gets scapegoated into being "rote", a "follower", part of the "sheople"... etc. I doubt it's even conscious on their parts.
    Yeah, and all of those antics are such a bore.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Yeah, and all of those antics are such a bore.
    It is. The thing that really kills me though, is I think the people who are apt to get the worst rap are the ones who, by virtue of type, are out in the world doing things instead of reading typology literature. They're not even here to defend themselves, so stupid stereotypes begin to accumulate, and then you introduce them to type and they don't see themselves in that type - because, shit, who would? No wonder so many 6s don't identify as 6 for a long time. No wonder so many SJs find themselves disinterested.

People ought to check themselves before they wreck the whole system.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

"How to seduce an ESFJ"

Don't talk about typology.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Tell them how great they are when they do your dishes.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors