User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Headstrong View Post
    That is pretty much spot on...

I met this guy online, we clicked right away (in writing). I had him take the Myers-Briggs and he came out ESFJ. We talked on the phone maybe twice and met in person once. In this span of 2 to 3 weeks, he would text me everyday and wanted to talk at least every other day. Eventually, things cooled down and I just kinda stopped talking to him. Several times he tried to rekindle the conversation (myspace, texts), but eventually just said "So I'm guessing you are not interested in talking to me?" I have not texted him since. It has been a good week at least. He was a very clingy, needy, smothering person. He probably thinks I am the biggest arsehole ever for not messaging him back at all. I have just been too busy to be bothered. I'll get back to him before Monday...maybe...

I know a guy who I believe is ESFJ. He calls me a lot just to talk. I don't like to talk a lot on the phone with guys- most of the time if I do call a guy it's for a purpose. But he likes to just shoot the breeze. And initially he took it personally that I did not return his multiple calls over the week. Even though he joked about it, he was really serious. It affected him. Over time he just understood I'm not a yap yap and I'd get to him eventually. And he's cool now.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I know a guy who I believe is ESFJ. He calls me a lot just to talk. I don't like to talk a lot on the phone with guys- most of the time if I do call a guy it's for a purpose. But he likes to just shoot the breeze. And initially he took it personally that I did not return his multiple calls over the week. Even though he joked about it, he was really serious. It affected him. Over time he just understood I'm not a yap yap and I'd get to him eventually. And he's cool now.
    +1 I'll only call people when I actually have a reason for calling -- and I usually get to the point/that purpose right away when I call. I just find it extremely awkward to call someone up and be like "Uhh...hey...how are you?...uh huh...[awkward silence]...[trying to think of something to say]...uh..."

As for the "returning calls", I'm horrible with returning calls or texts if there is no immediate need to do so. It takes me quite awhile to respond, if I do at all, and people definitely take it personally. So I've learned to improve that: I usually always respond now...but it still may take me an hour, many hours, or the next day to do so.
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

{listen: }