User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Oh I see . Im sorry Mal. I reckon id have enjoyed your company.

    Although I still think that there will always be some contention over my type, possibly because im odd and inconsistant or more likely that I am just a person who lacks the ability to consider things in a logical framework of fitting together.
    Your videos show that you try and fit things inside of a logical framework. Your self-typing problem is lack of self-knowledge.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #12
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Your videos show that you try and fit things inside of a logical framework. Your self-typing problem is lack of self-knowledge.
    Yeah I suppose, I was actually going to write about a lack of self knowledge but I...hmm forgot it some how. Oddly enough I was going to ask what you were on about because I thought id put that in there lol.

    Mind you I think I wrote something similar on my blog. The annoying thing about self-knowledge is whenever I claim I do not wish to do something because I do not feel im suited for it, im always shouted down and told im wrong about myself.

    This has resulted in an uncertain self-identification because there was a lot of invalidation of what I thought I knew of myself, people always assumed they knew me better. Annoyingly, they were often proved right in their expectations and my reactions.

    Sorry this isnt really related to ESFJ quotes is it?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Yeah I suppose, I was actually going to write about a lack of self knowledge but I...hmm forgot it some how. Oddly enough I was going to ask what you were on about because I thought id put that in there lol.

    Mind you I think I wrote something similar on my blog. The annoying thing about self-knowledge is whenever I claim I do not wish to do something because I do not feel im suited for it, im always shouted down and told im wrong about myself.

    This has resulted in an uncertain self-identification because there was a lot of invalidation of what I thought I knew of myself, people always assumed they knew me better. Annoyingly, they were often proved right in their expectations and my reactions.

    Sorry this isnt really related to ESFJ quotes is it?
    When has keeping with the topic ever mattered around here?

    I think you're just grasping at labels for yourself. Try identifying some real personality characteristics that you have. Anxiety, depression (neurosis). So far you're sounding like an average 6. But that's just a label.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #14
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    When has keeping with the topic ever mattered around here?

    I think you're just grasping at labels for yourself. Try identifying some real personality characteristics that you have. Anxiety, depression (neurosis). So far you're sounding like an average 6. But that's just a label.
    Most likely the case, of course someone might make the argument that all these theories are is a series of labels, seeing as how they are putting expression to observable traits.

    The important part is im not going to act any different just because my label changes.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Most likely the case, of course someone might make the argument that all these theories are is a series of labels, seeing as how they are putting expression to observable traits.

    The important part is im not going to act any different just because my label changes.
    Maybe not, but I did. Finding my enneatype was a life-changing experience. But of course your label doesn't determine who you are. I have tried to put forth on this forum that you can determine your label to an extent. That is in line with Fourth Way teachings upon which the enneagram is based.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #16
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Maybe not, but I did. Finding my enneatype was a life-changing experience. But of course your label doesn't determine who you are. I have tried to put forth on this forum that you can determine your label to an extent. That is in line with Fourth Way teachings upon which the enneagram is based.
    Well I can agree with that. The ennegram was certainly more engaging and understandable to me than any MBTI type so far. I think the problem is I can see how ennea 6 fits with me, but I find it difficult to see any MBTI type that fits.

    I know we have discussed this before, but I do struggle to define my behaviour into consistant modes of operation which I keep thinking is what is required for an MBTI type to be easily applied. But of course I could easily be very flawed in thinking this. I do find it difficult to see a different angle since ive now looked at Keirsey's interpretation, Lenore Thompsons', Myers-Briggs themselves and Jung. There are possibly more though which ive not considered.

    This is partially, or perhaps mainly, why I turned more towards the cognitive function side; although that tends to have as many detractors as supporters. The only reason I did that is because of my inability to define and recognise my own consistant behaviours. So I thought it perhaps easier to try and define some intangible notion of cognition within my own mind. But that obviously is just as big of a viper's nest to walk into, since cognition can be even more varied than the behaviour which accompanies it.

    This leaves me somewhat at the judgement of others but since no majority can agree on anything either it becomes rather...hard to pin down.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well I can agree with that. The ennegram was certainly more engaging and understandable to me than any MBTI type so far. I think the problem is I can see how ennea 6 fits with me, but I find it difficult to see any MBTI type that fits.

    I know we have discussed this before, but I do struggle to define my behaviour into consistant modes of operation which I keep thinking is what is required for an MBTI type to be easily applied. But of course I could easily be very flawed in thinking this. I do find it difficult to see a different angle since ive now looked at Keirsey's interpretation, Lenore Thompsons', Myers-Briggs themselves and Jung. There are possibly more though which ive not considered.

    This is partially, or perhaps mainly, why I turned more towards the cognitive function side; although that tends to have as many detractors as supporters. The only reason I did that is because of my inability to define and recognise my own consistant behaviours. So I thought it perhaps easier to try and define some intangible notion of cognition within my own mind. But that obviously is just as big of a viper's nest to walk into, since cognition can be even more varied than the behaviour which accompanies it.

    This leaves me somewhat at the judgement of others but since no majority can agree on anything either it becomes rather...hard to pin down.
    If you're a 6 then you don't have consistency of behavior. I agree that it's a mistake in your case to look for any. I must admit however that there are surely MOOD patterns, which some would call "cycling" patterns.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #18
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    As an extreme example of mood patterns, I lived with my wife and her ex for two weeks while they were still married. While there I could easily spot her ex's mood swings because in his case they were so frequent I could time them by the hour. Calm - Angry - Crying; Calm - Angry - Crying; Calm - Angry - Crying...

    I'm not saying that's you, I'm just giving you an extreme case to think about because it was so obvious.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #19
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    As an extreme example of mood patterns, I lived with my wife and her ex for two weeks while they were still married. While there I could easily spot her ex's mood swings because in his case they were so frequent I could time them by the hour. Calm - Angry - Crying; Calm - Angry - Crying; Calm - Angry - Crying...

    I'm not saying that's you, I'm just giving you an extreme case to think about because it was so obvious.
    Ah I see the point.

    Well in my case it would probably be: Calm>contemplative>calm>contemplative>worried>grum py>contemplative>talking>talking>talking>HAPPY!... ..........Well ok the talking ones arent a mood lol.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Ah I see the point.

    Well in my case it would probably be: Calm>contemplative>calm>contemplative>worried>grum py>contemplative>talking>talking>talking>HAPPY!... ..........Well ok the talking ones arent a mood lol.
    Yes, you probably have no psychological knowledge to begin with.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP Quote of the Day 8/8/12
    By RaptorWizard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 07:40 PM
  2. [ISFP] ISFP Quote Of The Day (7/17/12 or 17/7/12)
    By Mal12345 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 10:44 PM
  3. [ESFJ] ESFJ Quote Of The Day (7/14/12 or 14/7/12)
    By Mal12345 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 10:01 PM
  4. [ISTJ] ISTJ Quote of the day (6/27/12)
    By Mal12345 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 11:59 AM
  5. ISTJ Quote of the day (6/6/12)
    By Mal12345 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO