• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] I'd like to advance a wild generalisation: SJs hate metal

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't like all the screaming that comes from metal? You would think it would hurt your voice. =P However, I don't think that whether or not you like metal can be determined by whether or not you're an SJ.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
has it been mentioned that lars ulrich is probably esfj?
and i know i little dude called franky who is also esfj and takes his guitar into bed.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
SJs do not like music at all :devil:
now really, I don't know many SJs who like " tr00 methull ", but i know some who like rock music.

You may be on to something. I quickly grow tired of music. Sometimes I get really excited about a band, overplay it, and move on. I would prefer to listen to talk radio or lectures to be honest. I went through a few years of nothing but talk radio haha.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
You may be on to something. I quickly grow tired of music. Sometimes I get really excited about a band, overplay it, and move on. I would prefer to listen to talk radio or lectures to be honest. I went through a few years of nothing but talk radio haha.

I don't think you can generalise.
I love music. Can't play it, but listening to it is my ultimate outlet of relaxation. I'd rather listen to music than watch TV.
On the other hand, my ISFJ bf is like you; he only really listens to the radio, although the stations where there's almost no music, and doesn't have any favourite bands or music at all. I can't understand it.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to that thread, I must be an SJ, I've always hated metal more than any other style of music.:huh: But I know many SJs who like that loud.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am a SJ and I have been told I am a "music snob" but I do like me some metal. Went to a Judas Priest concert and Heaven and Hell aka Black Sabbath this summer. I would say those are pretty much the pioneers of true Metal. But I listen to mostly Alternative, Punk Rock, Grunge, and 80’s new wave. Music I can’t stand is Country, Gospel, and Classical...

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
It's not my favorite or something I listen to often, but I don't mind listening to Metal. The only type of Metal music that bothers me is the kind where there is more screaming than anything else. I enjoy the music sometimes and even a scream once or twice in a song is fine...but it's just when the screaming overpowers everything else (in my opinion) that it becomes too much for me.

Slickness

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I love music so much, and I really don't think it has much to do with personality type. I even like metal...let's see..

Turisas (Viking Metal)
Rammstein (German Metal)
Guns N' Roses (You know)
Cadacross (Melodic Death Metal)
Saliva (Rap Metal)
In Violent Times
Hoobastank

I like many more bands than that...somewhere along a total of 120.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am pretty open minded when it comes to music (i like a bit of everything) .. My only problem is listening to a tune all the way through. I am so bad for that and i am well aware it truly pisses people off.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Do you want your cranium to explode and brain matter to seep out of your ears (in the most blissful way of course...)? This album kind of has that effect on me.
slaughterofthesoul.jpg

The vocals, the drumming, the crunching guitars... It's all devastating. If you're a fan of metal and haven't listened to the VERY influential melodic death metal band from Sweden: At The Gates. Do yourself a favor and make it happen!

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
I know 4 SJ, all of them listen to metal. One of them is an ISTJ and he's an exceptional technical guitarist. Two of them are girls and only listen to metal because the guy they have a crush does.

I have yet to meet a girl that doesn't listen to metal just to appeal to me. :D

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Two of them are girls and only listen to metal because the guy they have a crush does.

I have yet to meet a girl that doesn't listen to metal just to appeal to me. :D
:D

I saw Strapping Young Lad live, a few years back. Their singer is a vulgar weirdo. haha

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
In my experience many STJs love metal. SFJs a little bit less.