User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    When I heard metal for the first time, it was just noise. I was unable to discern any musical elements at all.

However, with time, it grew on me, and I found myself liking it after a while. It wasn't noise anymore. It was music, and it was good. Very good.
    Problem:
    What used to be heavy wasn't heavy after a while. I needed more. I needed heavier. I found genres like death metal and black metal and my life suddenly had meaning. There was so much to listen to, so many complex patterns, ah!

Drums, guitar, bass, vocals (no, it doesn't matter whether or not you understand what they're singing, vocals are like an additional instrument), sometimes keyboards. When all of these are played skillfully simultaneously, whoaah...

I've been listening to metal for about three years, and I've already hit rock bottom when it comes to brutality. When you've gotten used to bands like Anaal Nathrakh and Brain Drill, you've explored the spectrum, and at this point my taste in music was "stabilized".

Today, I listen to all types of metal. I like it's because it's so stimulating. So is classical music. That's why I love Beethoven, too.
    My mom really doesn't know what to think. Modern shit noise and 19th century symphonies.
    That is my exact reasoning. Metal is so impressive once you start to listen to it. It became impossible for me not to appreciate it. I have friends in metal bands and that genre of music takes some serious mathematics and effort.

My mom thinks I'm satanic for listening to it, so ur lucky ur mom is just impartial. I don't know how many times she's wanted to get me to light a candle in church or be anointed with something or other lol.
    "Being right too soon is socially unacceptable."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel View Post
    My mom thinks I'm satanic for listening to it, so ur lucky ur mom is just impartial. I don't know how many times she's wanted to get me to light a candle in church or be anointed with something or other lol.
    Well tell her that satanism is just an ideology, and not an evil one. "Do unto others like they do unto you". That's the core of their philosophy... how is that evil? Even though heavy metal has little to do with the actual satanism.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Well tell her that satanism is just an ideology, and not an evil one. "Do unto others like they do unto you". That's the core of their philosophy... how is that evil? Even though heavy metal has little to do with the actual satanism.
    My mom is ethnic and wouldn't even slightly understand that lol. If its a logical argument and not hers, that makes it even MORE satanic and it makes me a bastard child.

Yeah metal really doesn't have much to do with satanism at all. IF at all. Trust me, I've tried to explain these things and it makes it all worse.
    "Being right too soon is socially unacceptable."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

MBTI
    INTJ

Erm, I'm an ISTJ and I love metal - the harder the better. In fact, my favourite music genres are industrial and goth! Nothing is harder than industrial. It's great to let out any aggression and generally makes me feel alive.
    I hate most mainstream music unless it has a catchy tune (probably one in a minor key). Sooo boring.
    I've noticed I like a good beat. I can be in a club totally dancing to a heavy dance beat (with literally nothing else playing) and the only people dancing will be me and the DJ.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I got a lot of my music tastes (metal) from a good friend, who just so happens to be ISTJ. He dresses like a metal head and always listens to it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I strongly detest metal. I also dislike rap, hip-hop, and country, and most folk.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

I like hard rock and metal.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

As an ESTJ, I like hard rock but do not like metal. And it depends on the hard rock. Some is good; some is bad.

I'm slowly evolving in music taste however - too many metal/screamo friends!
    We are determined to win the battle. We will fight them until hell freezes over and then, if we have to, we'll fight them on the ice. - Joseph Lanier

Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though. - from "Mostly Harmless"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What would be an SJ musical genre? Country? Hip-hop? Classical?
    Maybe some Broadway?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    I strongly detest metal. I also dislike rap, hip-hop, and country, and most folk.
    Really? I hate folk as well.

But then I'm not talking about a music genre, just people in general. Aren't they the worst?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.