User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Ask an ISTJ.

The Iron Giant

Default Ask an ISTJ.

I've been studying typology for a while now, and I know a lot about the type.

So ask me, let's learn something together.

MBTI
    INTJ

Do you have a mustache?

ISTJ guys love mustaches.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If you don't mind me asking something slightly personal... Since you're in a relationship with an SP, do you think you could go into a little detail about the interaction between the two types? In what ways do you find you really mesh with SP's? In what ways do you find you have conflict with SP's? Anything along those lines.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Do you have a mustache?

ISTJ guys love mustaches.
    Coupled with your avatar, this is really hilarious for some reason. Thanks.

No, I don't have a mustache. Most days, I'm clean shaven.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    If you don't mind me asking something slightly personal... Since you're in a relationship with an SP, do you think you could go into a little detail about the interaction between the two types?
    That's a good question, thank you! And of course, it's peripheral to my favorite topic of all: @Kayness. <3

Since you referred to her by her Keirseyan temperament, I'll keep it in terms of that... Si vs Se. One of the things I've learned through studying typology is that the key problem/feature of SJs is impression-based subjective perception. Without application of a critical eye to most of what I perceive, I will by default favor precedent over the objective truth. Moving into my type in particular, Si-Te is addicted to precedent, and resists new experiences. This is not necessarily in a "keep it away from me" sense, but more in a "I didn't even think of that" sense.

The aforementioned critical eye has proven absolutely necessary to interaction with Kay. As an SP, she sees things very objectively and very literally, though of course her judgment is rippled a bit at times by her Fi. I have found it deeply enlightening to see the world through her eyes. Loving her makes this even easier, because it helps me be more open to her perceptions and judgments. I have found her to be a phenomenal judge of character, though at times she can have difficulty gauging intent.

In what ways do you find you really mesh with SP's?
    In comparison to Ne/Ni users, she's far more practical and realistic. I have a good friend who is ESTP as well, and she's the same way. I've worked with an ESTP, and he was also this way. I know I can say something to any of these three people, and they will understand that I mean no more than what I say. That doesn't mean we don't have misunderstandings, just that they won't read too much into it.

In what ways do you find you have conflict with SP's?
    Once I got past the directness of the ESTP and ISTP, everything was fine. It was like a, "oh, I can let go and just be me now," moment. So I haven't seen any conflict with these types at all. ISFPs in particular are my favorite MBTI type. I've never met one I didn't get along with.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

What do you think of the ISTP? Do you clash? How about INTJs?

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    What do you think of the ISTP? Do you clash?
    I know a number of ISTPs who I consider friends. Some are here, in fact. @Duck_of_Death and @khys. I left a few behind on the last forum but I still see them around other places. We don't clash at all. With some ISTPs, there's a learning curve with their style of humor, but there have only been two or so that I disliked. So I'd say overall, ISTPs are about as good as any other type.

How about INTJs?
    The INTJ I know IRL seems cool, but I don't know him very well. Several of the INTJs I've known online have been great. There's not much worse than an Internet kid who thinks he's Ni dom and reads some idiotic description that makes him think he can read minds... but real INTJs are fine.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    There's not much worse than an Internet kid who thinks he's Ni dom and reads some idiotic description that makes him think he can read minds... but real INTJs are fine.
    PerC in one sentence

Edit: Yep
    Last edited by Eugene Watson VIII; 06-26-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added comment

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

do ISTJs like bears?

case in point:
    @Stephen
    @Patches

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

In what ways are you quite similar to ESTJs, and in what ways are you quite different from them?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING