User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Ask an ISTJ.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Are ISTJs athletic? Are they interested in sports?

Hmmm... I am having a hard time recalling any ISTJ I know who was ever interested in sports or is athletic.
    @MBTI Enthusiast is a volleyball jock. I know at least one ISTJ on another forum who was a football player. I'm not personally into sports, but I did fine at basketball and field hockey when I was in HS.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Hmmm... I am having a hard time recalling any ISTJ I know who was ever interested in sports or is athletic.

Why on earth is that hilarious? You have an odd sense of humor LX.
    Are you kidding me!! Haha!! Look at Edgar's face saying soooo do you like mustaches?? I heard istjs like mustaches haha with that creepy face of his! It's hilarious!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

And Stephen thanks for your reply... I have an istj in my life that seems to have twisted fi so I was just trying to understand.

Yours seems healthy tho.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    And Stephen thanks for your reply... I have an istj in my life that seems to have twisted fi so I was just trying to understand.

Yours seems healthy tho.
    It's not uncommon for the lower (unconscious) half of our personality to be intensely negative. My Fi is unusually balanced, probably due to growing up close to my INFP big sister and from being with @Kayness, who is Fi dom. She has helped me identify, balance and use my Fi simply by using hers in my presence, and I think my Te has had an impact on her as well.

Ne is another story altogether. Rarely it does an exceptional job of drawing my attention to the unstated, most of the time it leads me down dark corridors to nothingness.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

I tell Stephen a lot about Fi, and I think it's easier for him to talk about it too because too many times the Fi stuff I tell him constantly slips in and out of my consciousness so whatever you ask me I'll do the stereotypical Fi dom thing, "uhmmm it's kinda hard to explain...". Also I think he can represent it in a more objective way. I feel like I'm too mired in it sometimes.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    It's not uncommon for the lower (unconscious) half of our personality to be intensely negative. My Fi is unusually balanced, probably due to growing up close to my INFP big sister and from being with @Kayness, who is Fi dom. She has helped me identify, balance and use my Fi simply by using hers in my presence, and I think my Te has had an impact on her as well.

Ne is another story altogether. Rarely it does an exceptional job of drawing my attention to the unstated, most of the time it leads me down dark corridors to nothingness.
    Makes sense thanks.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    @MBTI Enthusiast is a volleyball jock. I know at least one ISTJ on another forum who was a football player. I'm not personally into sports, but I did fine at basketball and field hockey when I was in HS.
    True story. I love sports. I think it's my 3 fix. I have played 11 years of volleyball, 7 years of track & field, 6 years of basketball, and 4 years of soccer.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Are you ISTJs really high achievers like a lot of INTJs are?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Stephen

My father is ISFJ and he tells me that his mind is the opposite of mine: his mind is hyper-focused, and he get's focused on one subject and he can't come off it no matter what he seems to do. Is this the case with you?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

JTG played baseball in high school and is a life-long athlete, he used to be heavily into running and now he plays tennis.

Interestingly, in high school, I dated a baseball player briefly my senior year after I broke up with my high school sweetheart (he was the complete opposite of the long-haired ESFP musician) and I believe very strongly he is ISTJ, he's actually my friend on facebook now as an adult.

I'm fairly certain there's a fair number of ISTJ athletes, but they may be more focused on precision because of Si, rather than the risk or sensation of Se.

JTG and I talked about this one time, estimating what sports SJs gravitate toward, and vice versa with SPs, and why.