User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Ask an ISTJ.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    The words "Duty" and "ISTJ" are sometimes used inter-changeably [probably stereotype] .... is there any such thing as a non-dutiful ISTJ - ? In other words, what kind of cognitive "corruption" would it take for an ISTJ to go against their most commonly associated trait?
    I think usually a shift in personality happens under high stress. Stress brings out our personality traits more strongly... someone like me might lose social filters and seem less accommodating or friendly and a bit more rigid, like the stereotypes. However, heavier stress is thought to invoke the unconscious half of your personality, in my case my Fi and Ne would take over, and in an unhealthy way... suddenly I might become a lot more like an unhealthy and pissed off INFP.

Some call the four unused functions our shadow functions. I'm not sure I buy into that.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

How do you feel about tipping in restaurants? Are you a good tipper or a bad tipper? (I swear, this isn't just randomness.)
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

ISTJs, do you usually like to follow the rules and authority or do you like to be rebels?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    How do you feel about tipping in restaurants? Are you a good tipper or a bad tipper? (I swear, this isn't just randomness.)
    Generally, I aim to be a good tipper.
    For myself, I like to tip big for small bills, and medium for large bills. With haircuts or pizza, I give a good portion more than "expected," because 15% may only be 40 cents...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

The Iron Giant

I'm a fair tipper. I tip more than most, I think. If someone does a good job I'm not afraid to go 25% or more. If not, I'll usually still do 15%, unless they really fuck up and seem to be doing it on purpose... at which point I may do nothing at all... but that's only ever happened once or twice.

I also much prefer to tip in cash. I understand that the worker gets more of the money when it's cash, as opposed to credit.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    ISTJs, do you usually like to follow the rules and authority or do you like to be rebels?
    I follow rules that I agree with. If I disagree with the rules, I try to change the rules, not myself. The closest I come to rebellion is removing myself from the circumstances.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't tip. I hate tipping. I already pay enough for the food and service....but if I was a waiter, I'd do all I could to get as much tips as possible

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

ISTJs, do relate more to other Sj types other than your own or do you relate to types like ISTP or INTJ better?

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    ISTJs, do relate more to other Sj types other than your own or do you relate to types like ISTP or INTJ better?
    Tough call. I have a few ISTJ friends and ISTPs. I don't think I have any INTJ friends anymore. But I get along well with INTJs who aren't too impressed with their type description.

Riva

Are ISTJs athletic? Are they interested in sports?

Hmmm... I am having a hard time recalling any ISTJ I know who was ever interested in sports or is athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that is hilarious... haha
    Why on earth is that hilarious? You have an odd sense of humor LX.