Hi all! I'm hoping for some insight about this topic. I have been dating this ISTJ and I am totally smitten. I'm curious to know what sort of things you as an ISTJ would do to show loving feelings - specifically of the romantic relationship variety. I understand that you are inclined to do little favors for a person, but I'm asking more in terms of emotional displays. Are these examples of things you would do?
1) Switch from passionate affection to tender affection (let us assume your partner had not asked for this)
2) Have lots of something, energy, light, showing up in your eyes (in such a way that it looks like you are allowing it to be there or putting it there on purpose)
3) Go for more eye contact in intimate moments
4) Come up with little things to say that link with behaviors to communicate an emotional message
5) Act like you get some kind of thrill or energy from having that person tell you very specifically what they want or need
Example for #4. Say you start talking about something you only do with people when you like them. Let's say the thing in question is unusual, like patting your head and rubbing your belly, so it would not be a common thing to just randomly do. Five minutes later you are doing that thing around a person you're in a relationship with. Is it fair to take this as an intentional message? Because I took it as intentional.
Also, I do not overwhelm my ISTJ with emotional talk, but I have made a couple of mild comments. He usually responds with humor, but doesn't withdraw. I take this to mean he likes what I say even if he is too embarrassed/uncomfortable to reciprocate. A couple of times he has responded with humor but then been more affectionate than usual later. Do you think I'm reading it right? If someone got TOO touchy-feely with you, would you withdraw rather than make a joke and still be accessible?
I feel like I am reading this properly but I know when it comes to emotion and ISTJ you have to pay close attention. I'm hoping this continues to go as well as it has, and he keeps looking to me to push the boundaries/deepen the relationship, so if I get confirmation that I'm seeing this the right way that will be easier. Any feedback is appreciated!