• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] An ISTJ Speaks Out On Barbers Versus Stylists

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Women cannot be barbers. They are called stylists. Only men can be barbers. Not women.

My boyfriend's best friend frequents a shady barbershop named Too Hotties, where the chief attraction is getting your hair cut by hot women. Middle aged men make up a large percentage of the regular clientele.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's the second installment in my series of "ISTJ Quotes of the Day." It's just that I didn't exactly quote him, just the idea he has presented a few times.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My boyfriend's best friend frequents a shady barbershop named Too Hotties, where the chief attraction is getting your hair cut by hot women. Middle aged men make up a large percentage of the regular clientele.

Then according to the ISTJ I know, it's not a barbershop. I imagine he would call it a "salon," because barbershops have barbers in them while salons have stylists.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's the second installment in my series of "ISTJ Quotes of the Day." It's just that I didn't exactly quote him, just the idea he has presented a few times.

Do you know him?

Then according to the ISTJ I know, it's not a barbershop. I imagine he would call it a "salon," because barbershops have barbers in them while salons have stylists.

It was next to a gas station and didn't look classy enough to be a salon to me, but okay. ISTJs are always right.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you know him?

Yes, very well, irl. I work with him a few hours a week. He can quickly turn work into a very irritating experience.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was next to a gas station and didn't look classy enough to be a salon to me, but okay. ISTJs are always right.

Yes. You can even ask them.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, very well, irl. I work with him a few hours a week. He can quickly turn work into a very irritating experience.

Did the barbershop comment irritate you too?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did the barbershop comment irritate you too?

Yes, because he constantly makes others out to be wrong in some way. In this case, I was wrong to say that I went to the barber because my barber is female and barbers can't be female.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, because he constantly makes others out to be wrong in some way. In this case, I was wrong to say that I went to the barber because my barber is female and barbers can't be female.

Hahahaha he sounds funny to me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not the only source of irritation coming from that, of course. It's totally illogical to divide males and females into some kind of caste system based on job.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stop being so wrong all the time!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've found in the long run that, at least with this ISTJ, most of the blather amounts to attention whoring.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How long is your hair?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

hahaha

also, I looked this place up and apparently it's a chain, and i think it's def a salon not a barbershop.

qYOyHsTOu_ctEIa1CqdKPJjpMbL8JsMY4BFNSlnUg0Buq7mIrcCQrkbb4bT4VTzynRvhHve0CnWfXZ21ZAuH1y26YzGL5mUURXMtwsbrzQ

HtGf9hBQnsEbKIX0xSQaZvgJhZnISUsi1mmsD_337H47R_b1PWXjkLgIn9nIIYP3ma-NnxBLrELlTNUE-lYL6knJUAtGDAxM0fNrg7kMKg

i'm correct.

barbershops cannot and will not have pb&j bars. EVER.