User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Would an xSFJ girl be likely to go out with a guy who...

Would an xSFJ girl be likely to go out with a guy she isn't attracted to? BEFORE YOU ANSWER, I need you to read on. Because I'm not talking about all about xSFJ girls. I'm talking about a particular kind of one. Also, I know everyone's different. That's why I'm asking for someone to generalize for me.

Most girls get at least some attention from guys. A very small number, for whatever reason, get very little to no attention. They barely get asked out and can't get any dates. If we're talking about one of these girls who barely gets asked out and also happens to be an xSFJ, would she be willing to go out with a guy she isn't attracted to?

The reason I asked is because there's this girl I've come in contact with who I'm pretty sure is either an ESFJ or ISFJ (my guess is the latter). She's really tall. In the 6 foot 3 to 6 foot 6 range. I heard that college girls that height barely get any attention from guys at all and almost never get asked out. She agreed to go out with me, and I'm 5 foot 9, at least 6 inches shorter than her. However, I'm having a hard time believing she actually likes me. Maybe she just wants a boyfriend and would've said yes to ANY guy who had asked her out, and she doesn't have any particular attraction to me. It'll be a while before I see her again. When I do, I'll ask her and find out whether she does or doesn't like me. Until, then, though, I need some advice. Based on what I've said, is it likely she's actually attracted to me? I like her a lot and will go out with her regardless of whether she likes me or not. But I'm still curious.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

How about just staying in touch with her and see how it goes?
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    INFJ

Don't know where she lives, don't have her number. Won't see her for over a month.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuccessfulSeductress View Post
    Would an xSFJ girl be likely to go out with a guy she isn't attracted to? BEFORE YOU ANSWER, I need you to read on. Because I'm not talking about all about xSFJ girls. I'm talking about a particular kind of one. Also, I know everyone's different. That's why I'm asking for someone to generalize for me.

Most girls get at least some attention from guys. A very small number, for whatever reason, get very little to no attention. They barely get asked out and can't get any dates. If we're talking about one of these girls who barely gets asked out and also happens to be an xSFJ, would she be willing to go out with a guy she isn't attracted to?

The reason I asked is because there's this girl I've come in contact with who I'm pretty sure is either an ESFJ or ISFJ (my guess is the latter). She's really tall. In the 6 foot 3 to 6 foot 6 range. I heard that college girls that height barely get any attention from guys at all and almost never get asked out. She agreed to go out with me, and I'm 5 foot 9, at least 6 inches shorter than her. However, I'm having a hard time believing she actually likes me. Maybe she just wants a boyfriend and would've said yes to ANY guy who had asked her out, and she doesn't have any particular attraction to me. It'll be a while before I see her again. When I do, I'll ask her and find out whether she does or doesn't like me. Until, then, though, I need some advice. Based on what I've said, is it likely she's actually attracted to me? I like her a lot and will go out with her regardless of whether she likes me or not. But I'm still curious.
    I think it's perfectly possible that she likes you and is attracted to you. Do you have reason to think that she really isn't, and has agreed to go out with you "just because"?

To be fair, though, I would add that I think xSFJ (or at least ISFJ) might be more likely than some other types to go out with you if she doesn't get a lot of opportunities and just wants to give it a go. (Though I very much doubt she would say yes if she found you repulsive.) This is just a hunch on my part, and also, I guess I relate to her a bit... I'm a 6 foot tall INFJ with quite a lot in common with ISFJs, and I think I've kind of been in that situation.

I'm very tall and she's REALLY tall. It can set up all sorts of weird dynamics. I get plenty of independent confirmation that quite a lot of men find me attractive, but I don't get asked out very much, never have. Tall/attractive women can come across intimidating. It's often suggested that tall women should take more of the initiative or else a lot of guys just won't go there...

EDIT: If you're supposed to be going out with her, why did you not at least exchange numbers?!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I've had this same kind of worry before (about a guy) in the past, and here's the thing, you have to just wait and see if they like you and how things unfold. You have no way of knowing what they're really feeling so only time will tell. It helps to think positively though!

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I've had this same kind of worry before (about a guy) in the past, and here's the thing, you have to just wait and see if they like you and how things unfold. You have no way of knowing what they're really feeling so only time will tell. It helps to think positively though!
    Giggly speaks truth.

I really think that if she agreed to go out with you - it doesn't necessarily means she is IN LURVE with you, but she at least thinks she'd like to see where it goes. I doubt most types would go out with someone they dislike! So it could develop into something.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ

Alright, here we go. Big post coming soon. I hope someone's ready for it.

MBTI
    yupp

anyone else find the irony in the OPs user name?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    anyone else find the irony in the OPs user name?
    Yes. 'Tis strange.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I think it's perfectly possible that she likes you and is attracted to you. Do you have reason to think that she really isn't, and has agreed to go out with you "just because"?

To be fair, though, I would add that I think xSFJ (or at least ISFJ) might be more likely than some other types to go out with you if she doesn't get a lot of opportunities and just wants to give it a go. (Though I very much doubt she would say yes if she found you repulsive.) This is just a hunch on my part, and also, I guess I relate to her a bit... I'm a 6 foot tall INFJ with quite a lot in common with ISFJs, and I think I've kind of been in that situation.

I'm very tall and she's REALLY tall. It can set up all sorts of weird dynamics. I get plenty of independent confirmation that quite a lot of men find me attractive, but I don't get asked out very much, never have. Tall/attractive women can come across intimidating. It's often suggested that tall women should take more of the initiative or else a lot of guys just won't go there...

EDIT: If you're supposed to be going out with her, why did you not at least exchange numbers?!
    Normally I would figure this out on my own. I can intuit about these kinds of situations quite well. However, there's a problem. I have an emotional stake in it. I highly desire a particular outcome (for her to actually like me). That desire activates my paranoia. I start getting paranoid about all the negative possibilities, and that led me to wonder if she doesn't actually like me. My paranoia completely clouds my intuition, to the point where it comes 100% useless as it is in this situation. So I need advice from someone who's emotionally detached from it.

As for this girl in particular, she's blonde and at least 6 inches taller than me. We live near LA, so it seems unlikely we'll run into each other by accident. Here's some things that've happened that may or may not be signs that she likes me:

1. On one particular day, she wasn't expecting to see me in class. She was surprised and excited when she did. I wondered if maybe her excitement at seeing me was a sign she liked me. But maybe not.

2. Ever since she found out I liked her and she led me to believe she liked me, too, we only saw each other in class once a week for a month. We BARELY talked or interacted during that time, until the final day. She seemed just as interested in me on the final day as she had been the first, even before we talked on that day. I wondered if her maintaining interest for an extended period with such little contact during that time was a sign that she actually liked me. Seems like she might've gotten bored pretty quickly with such little contact if she didn't actually like me. But then I remembered that she's an xSFJ, and wondered if xSFJ's are just more able to maintain interest in someone over long periods of times where they don't see that person very often than other types are.

3. Sometimes, when I'm watching someone out of the corner of my eye, I see their emotions as energy. I was watching her out of the corner of my eye, once. She turned around and looked at me for about a split second before turning away. In that moment, I saw this little burst of warm, positive emotional energy coming from her. At first, I thought it was some kind of attraction for me. Then I got paranoid and wondered if she was just happy to see me. Not an "OMG, it's been so long since I've seen him!" kind of happy so much as a "Great, I'm finally about to be asked out!" kind of happy.

4. After she found out I liked her, she was more open and friendly coming to class on days she expected to see me. She was in a friendlier, better mood those days. Before that, she was quite reserved, never really talked to anyone (this is a 200 person class, so people don't talk that much in general), but she suddenly became more open and nicer in general after finding out about me.

There's been a few other things that've happened that've made it clear that she's quite interested and really wants to go out with me. What I'm sure about is that she has a high level of interest directed towards me. I was quite surprised at how interested she was, actually. What I'm not sure about is if she's interested in me as a person, or if she's just interested in me as an opportunity for a boyfriend. That's what I need help finding out.

Also, if anyone's planning on showing up here and giving me a hard time for not trying to figure this out by talking to her, save it. It'll be a while before I see her again, so all I can do is speculate on what I've seen from her so far. If that bothers anyone, just leave me and this thread alone. No one's forcing you to read it.