User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISFJ

@nebbykoo, Thank you!

I know I'll get better with practice, but the thing I know I'll always struggle with is making something that feels complete(projects outside of sketchbooks) I want to take it to a different level, perhaps completing some of the concepts as they all tend to feel like drafts.

I'm also interested is seeing some of the members artwork, where it be digital, sculpture, print etc.
    That was the original intent of this critique thread...

I will also add that descriptions are not necessary for the works, I'm more interested in what is judged at face value in the same way you would just walk into a gallery not knowing anything about the artwork or artist.
    I just want to float.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I think 'wanting to create something that feels complete' is a problem for many artists, including musicians and writers...everyone. I think wanting that is wanting to have an outside, objective perspective that can't exist since you are the creator, not the critic. You can't see your own work that way. So you (I too) may always feel dissatisfied about that. the best thing is to follow your instincts and not judge anything as good or bad for as long as you can hold out. It sounds cliche, but the experience of doing contains the emotion of it, which is where it lives anyway.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I think 'wanting to create something that feels complete' is a problem for many artists, including musicians and writers...everyone. I think wanting that is wanting to have an outside, objective perspective that can't exist since you are the creator, not the critic. You can't see your own work that way. So you (I too) may always feel dissatisfied about that. the best thing is to follow your instincts and not judge anything as good or bad for as long as you can hold out. It sounds cliche, but the experience of doing contains the emotion of it, which is where it lives anyway.
    That is true, and I know that it's a bit cliche to say it but I think there is a need for having at least something that I can be completely satisfied with so that it becomes a motivation to continue. A history of works and having phases (be it style or concept) that lead up to at least one specific 'master piece' in my experience is a reminder of potential. All artists have phases and I guess I'm trying to find a new one to start on by figuring out what it is I have now that will be a strong ground for it. Part of my issue may also be not enough exposure, so I don't really leave myself much room for criticism and interest, but I am working up on a website soon so hopefully that'll help.
    I just want to float.

MBTI
    ISFJ

more work from the past year?

more complete work from recent projects, scientific illustration proving to be my productive course
    I just want to float.