• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ & loyalty

sungod

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hi guys. This is the first ISFJ I've been attracted to. We met at a work party in Dallas, but from the get-go she's been very friendly to me. I know what you're thinking, ISFJs are ALWAYS friendly. This is true, but this one likes to drink around me (she's usually very reserved with all, but she loosens up a lot when drinking, but only sexually with me, from what I've seen). Last week, she kissed me! She was nowhere near tipsy. We made out a bit, things stayed fun and light. I'm the one that put on the brakes to sex, just because she has a boyfriend, but I'm single.

So knowing how ISFJs (usually) feel about cheating, I (with much, much effort on my part) suggested that we revisit sex when we were both a little more sober, so I could enjoy every moment. I would really not rush into things, considering that we have many mutual friends.

She has mentioned how things don't seem like they will work out with him... We get along extremely well, she loves talking to me as her friend... so she MUST feel pretty comfortable around me, right?

Guys & gals, am I setting myself up for doom & disaster here? I really don't want to invest emotions in her if she just needs a little variety in her life. I'd rather know that's what it is, and just enjoy it for what it is. Thanks.

Last edited:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes you are. You fucked up though she wanted you then. It is what YOU make of it. She'll probably get bored with you too though lol. She wants to play around cause she's been holding back. Doubt she's isfj. How old is she?

sungod

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
She's 30. Definitely an ISFJ, had her test. I test everyone in my life. Life's too short to waste time.

Thanks for the comment. Ah, but you're ESFP :) I stay away from ESFPs, I've learned my lesson :) You guys are my absolute first pick, hands down. I love me some performers... but it just gets too ridiculous, way too fast. Plus, ONE psycho hot potato is enough in a relationship (me). I've got way too much N to focus on a performer... After the sizzle dies down, and my brain turns back ON (from the comatose-like state the ESFP induced on me), I get bored.

Since that night, the flirting has gotten more intense, and she wants to come over again, so all is not lost with her, I know that much.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What type are you?

And, yes, you are playing with fire.

I would start seeing her a lot less and stop the drinking and making out if and when you do see each other.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See her if you're up for some cheap thrills. Stop seeing her if you're really interested in a relationship.

sungod

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
What type are you?

And, yes, you are playing with fire.

I would start seeing her a lot less and stop the drinking and making out if and when you do see each other.

I'm ENFP, very strongly.

Thanks, I appreciate the life advice :D, but can you please expound upon your answer? I'd like to understand what's happening in her head. Why fire, exactly? Why is she acting this way if she's ISFJ? What are her intentions? She seeks ME out, I'm just along for the ride...

sungod

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
See her if you're up for some cheap thrills. Stop seeing her if you're really interested in a relationship.

I know too many INFJs all too well, and I already knew this is exactly what they'd tell me :p. No offense, but INFJs always seem to have a naturally intuitive albeit very dark sense of reality. We have trouble seeing the S of things, hence my asking the ISFJ crowd. I just don't KNOW any ISFJs personally.

Clarification--I'm sure I know plenty of ISFJs, is I like to type people all the time by observing... I just don't base conclusions that affect my life on my observations... I always sabotage when I overthink.. Classic ENFP. So I like gathering empirical evidence before asserting my decisions..

Last edited:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I guess you should tell her that it'd be better if she left her boyfriend, when/if you two want to start a sexual relationship.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know too many INFJs all too well, and I already knew this is exactly what they'd tell me :p. No offense, but INFJs always seem to have a naturally intuitive albeit very dark sense of reality. We have trouble seeing the S of things, hence my asking the ISFJ crowd. I just don't KNOW any ISFJs personally, except for my mom and there's no way in hell I'll talk to her about these things lol.

Clarification--I'm sure I know plenty of ISFJs, is I like to type people all the time by observing... I just don't base conclusions that affect my life on my observations... I always sabotage when I overthink.. Classic ENFP. So I like gathering empirical evidence before asserting my decisions..

Ok, but this is very simple -- she's not mysterious -- you are making her feel good, so she wants some more. That's really all there is to it. It's not about you and it's not about looking thoughtfully into her actions and their implications and knowing what she's doing. She'll probably stay with her boyfriend and fool around with you as long as she can get away with it -- because it feels good -- the attention feels good, the thrill is happening. Many women (and men for that matter) love foreplay and stop getting as much as they like after they are in a relationship. She's getting her kissing and petting needs satisfied. You, in the meantime, think all this means something. You're playing with fire because you're emotionally involved and she isn't. -- Look, it's true of people that if they'll do it to anybody, they'll do it to you. Do you want some girl who does this behind her boyfriend's back? What are you gaining if you do get her all to yourself? Why would she treat you differently, are you so special, so different from every other guy? This is a kind of bittersweet thing, what you're doing, and I want to say it's for someone with more sophistication than you are showing with the questions you ask, to be able to keep your balance when you feel swept off your feet a little but you know good and well she is with someone else and this will probably come to nothing. If you can enjoy it in the moment and forget it when it's over, then go ahead. If it's going to mess you up when she drops you, stop now.

Also, the drinking is so she has an excuse when it all comes down on her head. "It didn't mean anything. I was drunk."

Snow Turtle

Sounds pretty bad. I'd stay away.

I think for the most part ISFJs do value loyalty and so forth even if they have conflicting feelings. To engage in drunken antics? She's definitely not the sort of person I'd want to be in a relationship with.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm ENFP, very strongly.

Thanks, I appreciate the life advice :D, but can you please expound upon your answer? I'd like to understand what's happening in her head. Why fire, exactly? Why is she acting this way if she's ISFJ? What are her intentions? She seeks ME out, I'm just along for the ride...

Please understand that it's impossible for me (or anyone) to know exactly what she's feeling but I'm thinking she wants you to be her new boyfriend but she's going about it all wrong and too fast. I think you should remind her of that. Tell her that you like her a lot and will be there as a friend for her in the meantime but that she should focus on figuring out what's going on with her boyfriend first before going there with you. And of course don't do any drinking and making out with her.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She's 30. Definitely an ISFJ, had her test. I test everyone in my life. Life's too short to waste time.

Thanks for the comment. Ah, but you're ESFP :) I stay away from ESFPs, I've learned my lesson :) You guys are my absolute first pick, hands down. I love me some performers... but it just gets too ridiculous, way too fast. Plus, ONE psycho hot potato is enough in a relationship (me). I've got way too much N to focus on a performer... After the sizzle dies down, and my brain turns back ON (from the comatose-like state the ESFP induced on me), I get bored.

Since that night, the flirting has gotten more intense, and she wants to come over again, so all is not lost with her, I know that much.
30, ah that makes more sense. No, the esfp thing is just me being funny

sungod

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you, all. I'm in possession of new information, directly from her. Giggly, she DOES in fact want me as her new boyfriend. However I agree, this is the wrong way to go about it. I'll have to find a way to slow this train. Thank you all very much for your input!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you, all. I'm in possession of new information, directly from her. Giggly, she DOES in fact want me as her new boyfriend. However I agree, this is the wrong way to go about it. I'll have to find a way to slow this train. Thank you all very much for your input!

You're welcome.

Fire

Ok, but this is very simple -- she's not mysterious -- you are making her feel good, so she wants some more. That's really all there is to it. It's not about you and it's not about looking thoughtfully into her actions and their implications and knowing what she's doing. She'll probably stay with her boyfriend and fool around with you as long as she can get away with it -- because it feels good -- the attention feels good, the thrill is happening. Many women (and men for that matter) love foreplay and stop getting as much as they like after they are in a relationship. She's getting her kissing and petting needs satisfied. You, in the meantime, think all this means something. You're playing with fire because you're emotionally involved and she isn't. -- Look, it's true of people that if they'll do it to anybody, they'll do it to you. Do you want some girl who does this behind her boyfriend's back? What are you gaining if you do get her all to yourself? Why would she treat you differently, are you so special, so different from every other guy? This is a kind of bittersweet thing, what you're doing, and I want to say it's for someone with more sophistication than you are showing with the questions you ask, to be able to keep your balance when you feel swept off your feet a little but you know good and well she is with someone else and this will probably come to nothing. If you can enjoy it in the moment and forget it when it's over, then go ahead. If it's going to mess you up when she drops you, stop now.

Also, the drinking is so she has an excuse when it all comes down on her head. "It didn't mean anything. I was drunk."

Great observations.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFJs are such warm kind lovely cuddly people and without them we would have no protection against the evil Ts!