• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Seriously?

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd love to know what kind of humour you SJs enjoy. I love when people show me something that distracts me from whatever dull or even bad day I've been having.
Occasionally I'll find something that cracks me up, but not sure if I want to share it.
This is a place for no hesitation.

Personally I love crude, witty humour, but I'll accept stupid, childish, relentless nonsense glued together with feces.

I'd like to break out of this habit of feeling too formal once in awhile.

My guts are just aching to explode.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love the Marx Brothers. Right now I'm rewatching all of their movies and doing it in chronological order. I just watched A Night at the Opera, and A Day at the Races will be next. I'm also a huge Top Gear (BBC) fan.

Personally I love crude, witty humour, but I'll accept stupid, childish, relentless nonsense glued together with feces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vR7dg-b45Y :D

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The only times I'll watch these sort of things are with my ISTP brother. He LOVES these adrenaline, pumped action movies and it's ridiculous. I do get dizzy and wonder "wtf?!" but I'll always leave feeling mentally drained, or wanting to drag race.

I haven't seen any of the Marx Brothers since I started college. That was years ago. I do remember liking A Night in Casablance and A Day at the Races...

I love most of the BBC series, I'm actually just about to watch Century of the Self again. This time it's for a paper, but I really don't mind.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Have you seen the movie "Whatever Works"? It's quite funny and uplifting. There's also The Big Lebowski, which is very nonsensical.

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Have you seen the movie "Whatever Works"? It's quite funny and uplifting. There's also The Big Lebowski, which is very nonsensical.

I have it, and I love Mr. Allen's play on existential crisis. Larry David was perfect for the role, but overall the rest of the characters and the movie were rather unrealistic... but I guess it was meant that way.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to find that dry, witty, sarcastic humor is my favorite. Carlin, Oswalt, and Lewis Black are some of my preferred comedians but truthfully I'm easily amused so it doesn't take much :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Me toooo, except the feces.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
100210.jpg

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can only comment on esfj and isfj. I've noticed esfjs have a pretty good sense of humor and keep up with the latest comics, go to comedy clubs a lot, enjoy all the various comedians on comedy central specials, etc. My isfj ex liked a lot of random internet humor like fail blogs, youtube viral videos, and tosh.0. She also liked dirty jokes esp of a sexual or racial nature.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I can only comment on esfj and isfj. I've noticed esfjs have a pretty good sense of humor and keep up with the latest comics, go to comedy clubs a lot, enjoy all the various comedians on comedy central specials, etc. My isfj ex liked a lot of random internet humor like fail blogs, youtube viral videos, and tosh.0. She also liked dirty jokes esp of a sexual or racial nature.

Keeping up with the latest comics = good sense of humor ?

Ouh my, you SJs ... never seize to confuse me :D

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Most of the esfjs I've known liked to keep up with the more main stream humour, but most of the isfjs I've encountered have had rather obscure interests... And I do admit having watched stupid things like failblgs and youtube virals, but only when I had to watch them with my brother, whom I believe is istj... that is not to say that all istjs do, but I believe one of my current roommates is istp and she likes to watch those things.

Personally, I've had my own humour described as cheeky and morbid... I blame art school and my russian drawing instructor.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Personally, I've had my own humour described as cheeky and morbid... I blame art school and my russian drawing instructor.
Q: What would be the ideal title for a Curt Cobain biography?
A: Yes He did Have a Gun

My best friend (ISTJ 5w6) came up with that. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
GUTEN TAAAAG!
[YOUTUBE="kKgBdrsqvjs"]Raisin Brahms[/YOUTUBE]

^This kind of humor is ideal for my Ne+Si, i.e. it's random as fuck (Ne) and is funny because it's contrary to things that make sense and are established (Si). I read a type description of ESTJs that says they love jokes about things not being "normal", and that generally rings true for me.

I also like puns. :cheese:

598bbd15-9c41-4702-a8b3-117040fc0f3e.jpg

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Avenue Q, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, Steve Stifler, some of my favorites.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My XSFJ mom loves humor of almost all types. She loves to gently tease other people, things like FAIL blog, funny videos, puns, etc. She likes some of the edgier humor too. Sometimes she laughs at racial and political jokes as long as the intent is to gently poke fun. If the intent is to deliberately hurt someone then she doesn't like it. She likes some bathroom and sexual type humor once in a while but that's not usually her preferred type. Overall, there isn't much more she likes than a good laugh.

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
art univs are the best

[YOUTUBE="4Am7oKBD3PU"]IT'S A SNAP![/YOUTUBE]