User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default SJ's .. Your space

Hello my lovelies ..

I am currently reading an amazing book (surprise surprise) and one question which was posed is something i wanted to bring here and ask you guys.

So .. If i were to come into your home and look around in the space(s) you occupy the most, what would i see around me which encapsulates what you hold dear.
    For example someone who enjoyed their career as a surgeon may surround their space with medical journals, important ancient medical contraptions etc.

In my case you'd see in my living room miniature buddha's, candles, crystals, disorganised chaos around my bookcase, books on multiple subjects and in my bedroom you'd see a minimalist space with no electronics apart from my kindle, my love of pretty scarves, posters on cosmic ordering and chakra crystals, my angel/tarot cards taking pride on my cabinet and post-it notes on the side of my wardrobe so when i wake i can not help but see little quotes of inspiration.

So i believe from the above i find spiritualism, mental skill acquisition and an outlet for self expression important.

So how about you?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Ohh wow... A lot of books from the Air Force Press. I have shelves of them. Along with a lot of clothes from the Air Force.
    So my past military background and interest in leadership development might show just a little bit. Besides that, you'll find my Bible and books on doctrine.
    I don't really have a lot of things in my room. The rest of my stuff probably displays that I have had a smattering of interests from psychology to amateur radio, reading to nerdy things like magic the gathering. And legos.. a lot of legos.

Besides that, I actually have nothing in my room. I have a bookshelf, and then totes of legos that I haven't played with in years.

I don't know what all that says.. My mind is apparently jumbled and I can't remember what words I'm thinking of to describe the above. It's driving me nuts and I need to just forget it. However, I've written this so I might as well post it. ;/
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

This thread should be for everybody!!!!!!
    (Wants to steal the SJ's one thread.) You SJ's hate sharing, don't you?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    There are so few of us... We get a little territorial.

(You can post here if you want though )

As for my space... since I live in a dorm now, I can't really say that my space represents me as well as I would like, since there's only so much self-expression you can do via interior design without replacing furniture, painting the walls, hanging picture frames, etc. But here are some of the things that you'd see in my dorm:

- Textbooks, sci-fi collections, history books, graphic novels, blank notebooks, sketchbooks, art books, books on religion, books on knitting... books books books.
    - Posters, flyers, postcards, and paper representations of anything and everything that I'm interested in, mostly movies, TV shows, music, and comic books. (I wouldn't put nearly so much stuff up on my walls if I could paint them... Nothing annoys me quite as much as a plain white wall with nothing on it.) Around my desk, I put postcards that my parents sent me from back home, with the text facing out, so I can read them and smile.
    - Knitting things all over the place; yarn in a paper bag on the floor of my dorm room, knitting project by the couch, knitting needles under the bed.
    - Prescription glasses/sunglasses, cases for them, and cleaning materials, all in awkward places in and around my desk. Their lack of a "place" is probably an accurate representation of my difficulty accepting the fact that I need glasses... lol.
    - Cut-out pages from various Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters catalogs, each one of a stylish and luxurious bedroom (that I would rather be in, than be in my dorm bedroom). They are my interior design equivalent of the photos of sunny beaches that some people put in their cubicles at work.
    - My closet has no door on it, so when you walk into my dorm you will see pretty much all of my clothing -- color-wise, it's a lot of dark gray, with smatterings of red, green, blue, and purple. Cardigans, blouses, and scarves. TONS of scarves. Too many scarves!

Can't think of anything else at the moment... but I could probably ramble on about everything I own, in a similar fashion
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Yes, yes we do. :P
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I don't really do this whole "this thing represents who I am" thing, but...

I have a lot of books on astronomy and physics. There's also a fully annotated-by-me copy of the Iliad (the translation I have by Stanley Lombardo is the best book I have ever read).
    There's a Latin-English dictionary and a folder full of translations. Lots and lots of poetry I wrote in Latin, much of it unfinished.
    My closet is divided into three sections, but in those sections it is unorganized.
    On top of one of my bookshelves, there is memorabilia, on another is a radio, and another has a ton of stuffed animals.
    There's a camera bag containing about $1000 dollars worth of equipment.
    I have squishy balls so I don't mess with other stuff.
    There's a bag for ballet and it has a dance journal in it.

The conclusion you could draw from this is that I am a total NERD. Who is a bit figety and has some other random hobbies.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Keep them coming guys

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Ohh wow... A lot of books from the Air Force Press. I have shelves of them. Along with a lot of clothes from the Air Force.
    So my past military background and interest in leadership development might show just a little bit. Besides that, you'll find my Bible and books on doctrine.
    I don't really have a lot of things in my room. The rest of my stuff probably displays that I have had a smattering of interests from psychology to amateur radio, reading to nerdy things like magic the gathering. And legos.. a lot of legos.

Besides that, I actually have nothing in my room. I have a bookshelf, and then totes of legos that I haven't played with in years.

I don't know what all that says.. My mind is apparently jumbled and I can't remember what words I'm thinking of to describe the above. It's driving me nuts and I need to just forget it. However, I've written this so I might as well post it. ;/
    Cool. I find lego to be theraputic.

I put it here for a reason
    But then since when did anyone really care about a topic of interest only being in one section. A lot of people reply to threads while paying no attention to who it's directed to, myself included. If you want to post here, then do so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

(You can post here if you want though )

As for my space... since I live in a dorm now, I can't really say that my space represents me as well as I would like, since there's only so much self-expression you can do via interior design without replacing furniture, painting the walls, hanging picture frames, etc. But here are some of the things that you'd see in my dorm:

- Textbooks, sci-fi collections, history books, graphic novels, blank notebooks, sketchbooks, art books, books on religion, books on knitting... books books books.
    - Posters, flyers, postcards, and paper representations of anything and everything that I'm interested in, mostly movies, TV shows, music, and comic books. (I wouldn't put nearly so much stuff up on my walls if I could paint them... Nothing annoys me quite as much as a plain white wall with nothing on it.) Around my desk, I put postcards that my parents sent me from back home, with the text facing out, so I can read them and smile.
    - Knitting things all over the place; yarn in a paper bag on the floor of my dorm room, knitting project by the couch, knitting needles under the bed.
    - Prescription glasses/sunglasses, cases for them, and cleaning materials, all in awkward places in and around my desk. Their lack of a "place" is probably an accurate representation of my difficulty accepting the fact that I need glasses... lol.
    - Cut-out pages from various Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters catalogs, each one of a stylish and luxurious bedroom (that I would rather be in, than be in my dorm bedroom). They are my interior design equivalent of the photos of sunny beaches that some people put in their cubicles at work.
    - My closet has no door on it, so when you walk into my dorm you will see pretty much all of my clothing -- color-wise, it's a lot of dark gray, with smatterings of red, green, blue, and purple. Cardigans, blouses, and scarves. TONS of scarves. Too many scarves!

Can't think of anything else at the moment... but I could probably ramble on about everything I own, in a similar fashion
    Wooo. If i were to walk into your dorm room, i'm not sure what my eyes would rest on first. Interesting though

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I don't really do this whole "this thing represents who I am" thing, but...

I have a lot of books on astronomy and physics. There's also a fully annotated-by-me copy of the Iliad (the translation I have by Stanley Lombardo is the best book I have ever read).
    There's a Latin-English dictionary and a folder full of translations. Lots and lots of poetry I wrote in Latin, much of it unfinished.
    My closet is divided into three sections, but in those sections it is unorganized.
    On top of one of my bookshelves, there is memorabilia, on another is a radio, and another has a ton of stuffed animals.
    There's a camera bag containing about $1000 dollars worth of equipment.
    I have squishy balls so I don't mess with other stuff.
    There's a bag for ballet and it has a dance journal in it.

The conclusion you could draw from this is that I am a total NERD. Who is a bit figety and has some other random hobbies.
    That's OK. I'd probably sit on the floor by your bookcase anyway and flip through your physics books
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    Wooo. If i were to walk into your dorm room, i'm not sure what my eyes would rest on first. Interesting though
    I think that's how my friends feel And it's even worse in my room back home!

I'm looking forward to a time when I don't have to have all this junk lying around and stuck to everything, to feel like I'm in an environment that expresses who I am. But then again, I get the feeling that I'll never have a "minimalist" decorating aesthetic
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ

I think that's how my friends feel And it's even worse in my room back home!

I'm looking forward to a time when I don't have to have all this junk lying around and stuck to everything, to feel like I'm in an environment that expresses who I am. But then again, I get the feeling that I'll never have a "minimalist" decorating aesthetic
    Lol, as long as you can live with it comfortably then that's all that matters
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Heh, try tellin' that to the SPs, who are even more sparse.
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX