User Tag List

First 567

Results 61 to 70 of 70

  1. #61
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    So holding grudges is an Ni thing rather than an Si thing?
    I find that Ni users will "hold grudges" in terms of never forgetting how you have behaved and always using that in future decisions regarding you. It is part of Ni's usage of time-patterns, I assume. Si users will remember past incidents but will be more likely to attribute the consequences of those incidents to who you are now than applying past behavior to how you will behave now.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Owfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Does Si give SJs the ability to have vivid memory (almost like lucid memories)?

    They can remember as if experiencing right now. They can smell, sense the wind as it was in the memory and almost touch things.


    Is this true?
    Sort of. We often have very vivid internal archetypes of things (my idea of Si has changed much recently; it is now "Identifying reality with your internal conceptions of it) that may appear to be memories, since they can be based off of experiences with whatever.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

    • MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

  3. #63
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I find that Ni users will "hold grudges" in terms of never forgetting how you have behaved and always using that in future decisions regarding you. It is part of Ni's usage of time-patterns, I assume. Si users will remember past incidents but will be more likely to attribute the consequences of those incidents to who you are now than applying past behavior to how you will behave now.
    Yes. I will never forget how someone has behaved. To hold a grudge and let it unduly influence how I treat someone seems irrational if contradicted by their present behavior, especially if it interferes in their making amends or improving their behavior. Perhaps I evaluate the present more through the filter of their possible (improved) future rather than the filter of their (inadequate) past.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #64
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Hey ISTJs..

    I'm curious if any here have researched Socionics. I type SLI there (Si-Te), and their temperment seems to match ISTP in many ways. And LSI (Ti-Se) seems more like ISTJ. The function differences between the two systems are a mess really.. But I'm curious where you fall.

    Same goes with Jung's Si doms. Do you identify with that at all? They along with Ni doms are torn off, as far societal standards are concerned.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Owfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Hey ISTJs..

    I'm curious if any here have researched Socionics. I type SLI there (Si-Te), and their temperment seems to match ISTP in many ways. And LSI (Ti-Se) seems more like ISTJ. The function differences between the two systems are a mess really.. But I'm curious where you fall.

    Same goes with Jung's Si doms. Do you identify with that at all? They along with Ni doms are torn off, as far societal standards are concerned.
    Sorry, I haven't researched Soconics.

    However, I consider Jung's idea of a Si dom to be what a Si dominant is now. Nothing to do with memory or anything.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

    • MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    My best friend is ISTJ.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Sort of. We often have very vivid internal archetypes of things (my idea of Si has changed much recently; it is now "Identifying reality with your internal conceptions of it) that may appear to be memories, since they can be based off of experiences with whatever.
    So how do you form your perception of self if you use self to perceive the environment?

  8. #68
    Senior Member Owfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    So how do you form your perception of self if you use self to perceive the environment?
    Excellent question! I think we do get information out of the environment too; that's how you learn, after all. It sort of becomes absorbed into the whole Si framework.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

    • MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

  9. #69
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    The definition of Si has to be the most confusing subject in MBTI to me. Moreso than Ni. Myers basically says that Si is so individualistic that you'd have to talk to each person to get an idea of what it is. Keirsey turns it into a "collective" rather individualistic attitude, where it "Guards" only the familiar aspects of existence and society. Instead of individualistic perceptions on law, tradition, social structures, values, etc.., it's the opposite.

    I don't think I really have a question.. I just find it unfortunate. There could be more Si types if Myers' system was the correct one.

  10. #70
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    So how do you form your perception of self if you use self to perceive the environment?
    What I like on a regular basis, what I can tolerate on a regular basis, what about other people pisses me off, and uhh...I'm not sure. Too much of a loaded question, I'd say. My perception of the environment guides myself a lot, but almost anyone can say that. If I have a set understanding, then I'm setting myself up for failure. I have my set ways about myself that have just come from experience, but relying on that too much can lead to failure because even I can change or surprise myself temporarily.


Similar Threads

  1. [ISTJ] Ask an ISTJ Anything!
    By Smilephantomhive in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 12-10-2017, 07:17 AM
  2. [ISTJ] Is there an "Ask an ISTJ" thread?
    By yama in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 12:42 PM
  3. [ISTJ] Ask an ISTJ.
    By The Iron Giant in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 08:05 PM
  4. Ask an ISTJ, get your answer back on an excel spreadsheet
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 04:17 AM
  5. [ISTJ] How does one go about wooing an ISTJ? (and other questions)
    By Tea Party in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO