First 567

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    So holding grudges is an Ni thing rather than an Si thing?
    I find that Ni users will "hold grudges" in terms of never forgetting how you have behaved and always using that in future decisions regarding you. It is part of Ni's usage of time-patterns, I assume. Si users will remember past incidents but will be more likely to attribute the consequences of those incidents to who you are now than applying past behavior to how you will behave now.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Does Si give SJs the ability to have vivid memory (almost like lucid memories)?

They can remember as if experiencing right now. They can smell, sense the wind as it was in the memory and almost touch things.

Is this true?
    Sort of. We often have very vivid internal archetypes of things (my idea of Si has changed much recently; it is now "Identifying reality with your internal conceptions of it) that may appear to be memories, since they can be based off of experiences with whatever.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I find that Ni users will "hold grudges" in terms of never forgetting how you have behaved and always using that in future decisions regarding you. It is part of Ni's usage of time-patterns, I assume. Si users will remember past incidents but will be more likely to attribute the consequences of those incidents to who you are now than applying past behavior to how you will behave now.
    Yes. I will never forget how someone has behaved. To hold a grudge and let it unduly influence how I treat someone seems irrational if contradicted by their present behavior, especially if it interferes in their making amends or improving their behavior. Perhaps I evaluate the present more through the filter of their possible (improved) future rather than the filter of their (inadequate) past.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Hey ISTJs..

I'm curious if any here have researched Socionics. I type SLI there (Si-Te), and their temperment seems to match ISTP in many ways. And LSI (Ti-Se) seems more like ISTJ. The function differences between the two systems are a mess really.. But I'm curious where you fall.

Same goes with Jung's Si doms. Do you identify with that at all? They along with Ni doms are torn off, as far societal standards are concerned.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Hey ISTJs..

I'm curious if any here have researched Socionics. I type SLI there (Si-Te), and their temperment seems to match ISTP in many ways. And LSI (Ti-Se) seems more like ISTJ. The function differences between the two systems are a mess really.. But I'm curious where you fall.

Same goes with Jung's Si doms. Do you identify with that at all? They along with Ni doms are torn off, as far societal standards are concerned.
    Sorry, I haven't researched Soconics.

However, I consider Jung's idea of a Si dom to be what a Si dominant is now. Nothing to do with memory or anything.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My best friend is ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Sort of. We often have very vivid internal archetypes of things (my idea of Si has changed much recently; it is now "Identifying reality with your internal conceptions of it) that may appear to be memories, since they can be based off of experiences with whatever.
    So how do you form your perception of self if you use self to perceive the environment?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

So how do you form your perception of self if you use self to perceive the environment?
    Excellent question! I think we do get information out of the environment too; that's how you learn, after all. It sort of becomes absorbed into the whole Si framework.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

The definition of Si has to be the most confusing subject in MBTI to me. Moreso than Ni. Myers basically says that Si is so individualistic that you'd have to talk to each person to get an idea of what it is. Keirsey turns it into a "collective" rather individualistic attitude, where it "Guards" only the familiar aspects of existence and society. Instead of individualistic perceptions on law, tradition, social structures, values, etc.., it's the opposite.

I don't think I really have a question.. I just find it unfortunate. There could be more Si types if Myers' system was the correct one.

MBTI
    LoLz

What I like on a regular basis, what I can tolerate on a regular basis, what about other people pisses me off, and uhh...I'm not sure. Too much of a loaded question, I'd say. My perception of the environment guides myself a lot, but almost anyone can say that. If I have a set understanding, then I'm setting myself up for failure. I have my set ways about myself that have just come from experience, but relying on that too much can lead to failure because even I can change or surprise myself temporarily.