User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 43

  1. #31
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post

    It's like, if his Love Language is Words, shouldn't he be well at speaking them??
    No. They are what he needs from you.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  2. #32
    Senior Member 2XtremeENFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    No. They are what he needs from you.
    Not necessarily, it usually can be the way that they show love as well.... but I understand in his case, it may not be this way.

  3. #33
    Senior Member 2XtremeENFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm going to get all up in your shit for the bolded. Why would you even think because someone is male they automatically know what to say to a female? Do you always know what to say 100% of the time or do you think it's all a joke which is why you end everything with that fucking lol and that makes it ok? I think you are projecting what you think he should say then freaking out when he doesn't. It doesn't work that way. I hope that the premarital consulting is with a therapist and not someone unqualified such as a priest or pastor (unless they are licensed to provide therapy as well). You very well may not be comparable and hopefully if you are working with a professional, they'll tell you that.
    Well, I don't know, the freaking WORLD is surrounded with how to talk to girls. Guys are hammered with it non-stop, Sitcoms. Books. Magazines. Friends. Interactions. Discussions. Casual conversation.

    I know not to tell a dude he has a small peepee. Guys know not to call a woman fat.

    Him and I had just had a long conversation about insecurity, you would think that he would say things to make me feel secure....is all I am saying.

    But I suppose I shouldn't assume things. He explained himself better to me, and I understand his point of view now.

  4. #34
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Thank you. I think you are right. The being together by choice thing still makes me feel uncomfortable, but i understand it. I have to say out loud to him, knowing how ridiculous it is, that I sometimes need that magical, idealistic things in relationships. If it's the one night where we stare at the stars, him writing a song for me, us crying our eyes out together but growing stronger, sometimes I need that WOW moment. And Just hearing that love can be a choice takes away from the idealistic love that i know i sometimes long for-which can be unfair to any non NF to have to deal with, i am aware lol. He said that he loves me and he doesnt want to live a life without me as a friend or a lover therefore he chooses to be with me and that a long way down the road of marriage there will be times where we will have to chose to love and not walk away if we have problems, ya know?

    But do they though? Do they have strong feelings? At least for other humans? lol I mean, I've seen him get worked out and get emotional, but it wasnt about me, or about anyone but rather about moral choices made by others, work, or stress.
    ITJ (not S, but close enough) perspective:

    I don't know about him, but I view love as a conscious choice. The fact that he chooses to love you despite thinking he doesn't need you, to me shows just how strong his love is. He's committed to you, regardless of whatever happens, any difficulties you may have, etc. You are his companion and he won't let you leave his side. To me, that says more than "I'm with you because I need you." It's an active choice of will, rather than something a person was simply forced into.

    Maybe it's a difference between Te and Fi, I don't know.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  5. #35
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I do remember you helping me in the past.

    I do not want to break off our relationship, I just want to be able to sort what I am thinking and feeling so I can tell him rationally what I want/need and what he can do or what I can do to help us. I love this board so much because I am able to just..sort out everything. everyone here helps me look at different points of views and motives and it helps so much. I also want to make sure that he understands what he wants too and not just loving me because i'm here and i'm available.

    It's like, if his Love Language is Words, shouldn't he be well at speaking them??

    Love language for most ISTJs are acts of service. They suck at words. He probably has a million reasons that he loves you, but he can't find the words to say them.

  6. #36
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Well, I don't know, the freaking WORLD is surrounded with how to talk to girls. Guys are hammered with it non-stop, Sitcoms. Books. Magazines. Friends. Interactions. Discussions. Casual conversation.

    I know not to tell a dude he has a small peepee. Guys know not to call a woman fat.

    Him and I had just had a long conversation about insecurity, you would think that he would say things to make me feel secure....is all I am saying.

    But I suppose I shouldn't assume things. He explained himself better to me, and I understand his point of view now.
    This is the same guy you say doesn't go out and hasn't dated anybody?!?!? Do your eally think he's reading a book on how to pick up chicks or watching a rom-com (I just wanted to use that)? Dude is in his own world doing his own thing, oblivious to all of that.

  7. #37
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Thank you. I think you are right. The being together by choice thing still makes me feel uncomfortable, but i understand it. I have to say out loud to him, knowing how ridiculous it is, that I sometimes need that magical, idealistic things in relationships. If it's the one night where we stare at the stars, him writing a song for me, us crying our eyes out together but growing stronger, sometimes I need that WOW moment. And Just hearing that love can be a choice takes away from the idealistic love that i know i sometimes long for-which can be unfair to any non NF to have to deal with, i am aware lol. He said that he loves me and he doesnt want to live a life without me as a friend or a lover therefore he chooses to be with me and that a long way down the road of marriage there will be times where we will have to chose to love and not walk away if we have problems, ya know?
    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    ITJ (not S, but close enough) perspective:

    I don't know about him, but I view love as a conscious choice. The fact that he chooses to love you despite thinking he doesn't need you, to me shows just how strong his love is. He's committed to you, regardless of whatever happens, any difficulties you may have, etc. You are his companion and he won't let you leave his side. To me, that says more than "I'm with you because I need you." It's an active choice of will, rather than something a person was simply forced into.
    ^^ This answers the question very well. They say if you cannot be happy alone, you cannot be happy together. Only when both partners are secure can they truly bring out the best in each other and work together as a team. "I need you" implies that "you make me happy" and focuses on what "you can do for me". "I choose to be with you" is weightier than that. It implies what "I will do for you" too. I know it's a bit tactless to say things like "If I'm not with you, who am I ever going to be with? There aren't other girls." but ISTJs are practical and he is pointing out the facts. He is not aware that it hurts you. He might as well have said "You're the only one in my life and will always be", which basically means the same but sounds a lot better.

    Most thinkers think neediness is unattractive, that rational choice is superior to emotional need. I think you need to understand that his internal thought process is totally different than yours. So more communication would definitely help.

    But do they though? Do they have strong feelings? At least for other humans? lol I mean, I've seen him get worked out and get emotional, but it wasnt about me, or about anyone but rather about moral choices made by others, work, or stress.
    He will probably never get openly emotional with you. He's just not comfortable in doing so. I've got an ISTJ friend who hung on to her irrational unrequited love for years without ever telling anyone. She was also very bad at expressing it towards the person she loved. So, yes, it's there. It's beneath the surface. You'll catch glimpses of it, like the tip of an iceberg, but you can't expect him to pour out romantic words and make you swoon all the time. It's just not his normal mode of operation.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

  8. #38
    Senior Member 2XtremeENFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    This is the same guy you say doesn't go out and hasn't dated anybody?!?!? Do your eally think he's reading a book on how to pick up chicks or watching a rom-com (I just wanted to use that)? Dude is in his own world doing his own thing, oblivious to all of that.
    Touché.

  9. #39
    Senior Member SubtleFighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I don't know much about ISTJs, but here's my general advice for you:

    Do NOT get married to him while you feel like he might not really love you and you're feeling doubts about your relationship.

    I don't care if you have the date set, everyone's marked their calendars, the reception hall's paid for, and the caterer's non-refundable. Just imagine yourself walking down the aisle looking at him and wondering in that moment "does he really love me?" That would be horrible. And even more horrible would be if you married him, maybe even started a family with him, and then 3 years afterwards realize that you're really unhappy with him and have been for awhile.

    Whether or not he really does love you (and he might, I don't know), if you feel like he might not, or you feel like there's something wrong in your relationship, don't go into that huge step while feeling that way. If it turns out that he really is the right guy for you, then he still will be in a year or two if it takes that long for you to feel more secure in your relationship. That scenario would be better than marrying him and then realizing it wasn't right.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

    . . . metamorphosing . . .

  10. #40
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Him and I had just had a long conversation about insecurity, you would think that he would say things to make me feel secure....is all I am saying.
    It seems like you keep missing that YOU are responsible for your feelings. If you continue not getting what you need from this guy, you're an active participant. It's 50% your fault.

    There's the action side of the equation, and there's the expectation side. Your expectations honestly seem at least as "off" as his actions.

    You seem to be biased towards interpreting his actions and words incorrectly -- when he says something you focus on how he said the wrong thing instead of trying to figure out what he actually meant. You're really gonna have to look at your side of things here instead of blaming him for everything -- it's just not gonna work that way.

Similar Threads

  1. Does this Enfj like me?
    By Vavazhan in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2017, 05:25 AM
  2. [ISTJ] What does this ISTJ see in this ENTP that makes him so fond of me?
    By Kwadeng in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 02:22 PM
  3. [ENFP] Does this ENFP like me, or am I just imagining things?
    By True Blue in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 09:29 PM
  4. [E5] OTHER 5's - PLEASE HELP, I'M IN LOVE
    By simbad in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:09 AM
  5. [INTP] Please help! I'm in love with an INTp
    By Marie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO