User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I just don't understand how you can see "strong desire" and "passion" talking for 20 minutes with someone you don't know. To me, these things are demonstrated not spoken.
    Amen. I can relate to this.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

mine's about as secure as a lump of granite... I've never seen him flustered about ANYTHING... he is disturbingly calm

seriously, I've never seen him be anything EXCEPT for calm!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Are ISTJ's ever insecure? What does that look like?
    All I can say is that I know an ISTJ who is insecure. What does that look like? Social anxiety covered up with a lot of bluster and loudness.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post

Yeah, this is the annoying part. I just don't understand how you can see "strong desire" and "passion" talking for 20 minutes with someone you don't know. To me, these things are demonstrated not spoken.
    haha this is interesting, my istj says the same things! I think as a NF maybe I feel more connected to showing it easily and reading it easily. He gets so frustrated when I try and get him to think differently about this so I just kinda stopped trying haha

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    mine's about as secure as a lump of granite... I've never seen him flustered about ANYTHING... he is disturbingly calm

seriously, I've never seen him be anything EXCEPT for calm!
    just because he doesn't externalize it with you (probably because he feels secure with you) it doesn't mean he isn't bothered by things. if he encountered someone or something that would seriously challenge or disturb his model of behavior or normality it would probably disturb him. ISTJ's thrown into the middle of situations they don't understand can be highly disruptive and volatile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    just because he doesn't externalize it with you (probably because he feels secure with you) it doesn't mean he isn't bothered by things. if he encountered someone or something that would seriously challenge or disturb his model of behavior or normality it would probably disturb him. ISTJ's thrown into the middle of situations they don't understand can be highly disruptive and volatile.
    nope... he just sits back and watches like a cat... it's positively admirable
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    haha this is interesting, my istj says the same things! I think as a NF maybe I feel more connected to showing it easily and reading it easily. He gets so frustrated when I try and get him to think differently about this so I just kinda stopped trying haha
    "If I could show passionate interest and excitement so easily with a stranger like that, then I wouldn't even be me anymore..." It could be frustrating in this way.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Uh, I'm not insecure! Right guys?

MBTI
    ISTJ

I think everyone gets insecure at times... when I am, I either try to just suck it up and get over it, because obviously, there is a task at hand that I must handle, or I try to take a super temporary break from the situation...

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram
    1w9

Some of my family accus me of being insecure. I'd rather regress into my autistic coma. When in a situation where I can't get away.