• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs, where have you gone?!

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Yeah...it's a real bitch about all the negative SJ stereotypes. But I can kind of see why there aren't a plethora of them on here.

One of my roommates (and best friend) is an ISFJ. I introduced her to MBTI, she took the test, read a little bit about her type, said "oh hey, that sounds like me" and that was that. :laugh:

She told me she just doesn't particularly see the point in MBTI (or talking with strangers online about it). She's all about "real-life" interaction with people she knows or has known or could potentially get to know and spend quality time with. She thinks my whole forum thing is a little odd (and super nerdy), which I find funny because I don't really share her interests at all, either (knitting, cheesy movies/TV shows, cooking, church).

But I really like asking her questions that are brought up on the forum and discussing them with her. So she knows what kinds of discussions go on here and she finds those discussions very interesting, but it's just I think that she'd rather talk about it in person with her close friends and relations. She's a very private person and I can see how she'd think that forum posting is too impersonal and non-private.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah...it's a real bitch about all the negative SJ stereotypes. But I can kind of see why there aren't a plethora of them on here.

One of my roommates (and best friend) is an ISFJ. I introduced her to MBTI, she took the test, read a little bit about her type, said "oh hey, that sounds like me" and that was that. :laugh:

She told me she just doesn't particularly see the point in MBTI (or talking with strangers online about it). She's all about "real-life" interaction with people she knows or has known or could potentially get to know and spend quality time with. She thinks my whole forum thing is a little odd (and super nerdy), which I find funny because I don't really share her interests at all, either (knitting, cheesy movies/TV shows, cooking, church).

But I really like asking her questions that are brought up on the forum and discussing them with her. So she knows what kinds of discussions go on here and she finds those discussions very interesting, but it's just I think that she'd rather talk about it in person with her close friends and relations. She's a very private person and I can see how she'd think that forum posting is too impersonal and non-private.

I think this is the reaction that most people have. Interest in MBTI means...interest in MBTI. Types don't come packaged with "will most certainly be interested in X" guarantees. I don't know why interest in typology is treated as something special. If you approached someone you knew and tried to interest them in, say, corn farming, and they said that they really couldn't care less, everyone would recognize that their lack of interest in corn farming means nothing beyond a lack of interest in corn farming.

I find it weird, when I hang out a socionics forum, and the types are more evenly split, and some of the most respected members and "theorists" on the forum are SJ. Like this guy, "smilingeyes" (just take a glance at the link). He's ESTj/LSE, and can write walls of text on socionics and Jungian theories, and even has his own subtheories, that some people adhere to there. And it's not as if Te/Si are defined in some radical way to make this happen. The big difference in socionics circles is that typing a person revolves function definitions, and little more. Behavior is set aside, where it's commonly accepted that most people/types are capable of anything.

Yes. Also, the type descriptions in socionics are simply better than the MBTI ones.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3

I get where she's coming from. I think MBTI is interesting too, hence my being here, but I'm not hardcore about it and I'm positive that has nothing to do with my type. I feel like if I wanted to get involved deeper with it I could, ESFJ doesn't automatically = flake. :alttongue: Hehe. MBTI has helped me think about possible solutions to have a better relationship/understanding with difficult people like my dad (ESTJ) but I usually take your friend's approach when handling most people out there. :yes:

Nicodemus

...A wild ESFJ appears!

I can't speak for everyone, but here's a thought about my type in particular. ESFJs like to be liked, and on a lot of these types of forums - let's face it, there's often a ton of ESFJ bashing going on. After all, ESFJs are bad, controlling, smothering, soul-sucking-emotional-trainwreck type people without a logical thought in their heads! Such manipulation! Such suffocation! Damn the badness of the ESFJ and their inability to lay off and just let you do your own thing your own way! :ranting:

Course...the truth could be that a lot of you have never met a healthy ESFJ to compare, or (*gasp*) might have even mistyped the batshit-crazies as an ESFJ because they have pictures of kitties in their cubicles. (EPIC PROOF!) So then, what of us healthy emotional types that then read all of this unbridled negativity and go, 'hm...well, I'm not like that at all actually." Clearly we move onto the description that we feel must suit us better. (FAKE)

Oh and hey, we seem to be liked better too. Because even playing an ISFJ is so much 'safer' than that terrible E. (still pretty bad though)
So there you go. I bet if you make the forum more SJ-friendly and by extension *fun* you'll begin to see more of these true-types surfacing.

The End.
Stop guilt-tripping the haters!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Malice :D

I really really understand. I'm a private person too and prefer in-person interactions but the variety is not always there, especially with discussion.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
So then, what of us healthy emotional types that then read all of this unbridled negativity and go, 'hm...well, I'm not like that at all actually." Clearly we move onto the description that we feel must suit us better. (FAKE)

Precisely. Hence a forum full of NTs and NFs.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I really really understand. I'm a private person too and prefer in-person interactions but the variety is not always there, especially with discussion.

Yeah! Forums are great for variety of discussion and different perspectives.

And I guess I should back up, [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION]. I didn't intend to suggest that SJs are less likely to be into MBTI (or that interest in MBTI is something "special"). I was just offering my friend's experience with it and reasons as to why her temperament may be why she isn't into being active on an online forum (since this is a thread talking about the lack of SJs on here). But you have a very good point.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give me a reason why I think I am an SJ of any type. :D

Yeah! Forums are great for variety of discussion and different perspectives.

And I guess I should back up, [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION]. I didn't intend to suggest that SJs are less likely to be into MBTI (or that interest in MBTI is something "special"). I was just offering my friend's experience with it and reasons as to why her temperament may be why she isn't into being active on an online forum (since this is a thread talking about the lack of SJs on here). But you have a very good point.

Yeah, it's strange. I had to bug my ISTJ friend so many times for him to take the test. Once he was finally done taking the test, I asked if it fit him or not. And he said yes.

That was the last time he ever thought about MBTI.

oneirocriticism

Permabanned
MBTI Type
heha
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp
Eh, i understand the lack of SJs. both my parents are SJs and i don't know if they are serious or not but i'm serious and explaining something very simply but they refuse to understand any of it unless i give them a concrete example of it. it's the most infuriating thing ever. i mean, maybe if i was an SJ i would mentally keep track of everything that happens to me but i would rather get high forget all my problems and talk to another human being by exchanging opinions and thoughts and ideas than have to give my parents another mother &*^#ing example for them.

I apologize if this isn't an SJ thing and my parents are just retarded, but that's why i never really have that meaningful of conversations with them and since we're basically extrapolating off of theories on this forum this could possibly explain the lack.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eh, i understand the lack of SJs. both my parents are SJs and i don't know if they are serious or not but i'm serious and explaining something very simply but they refuse to understand any of it unless i give them a concrete example of it. it's the most infuriating thing ever. i mean, maybe if i was an SJ i would mentally keep track of everything that happens to me but i would rather get high forget all my problems and talk to another human being by exchanging opinions and thoughts and ideas than have to give my parents another mother &*^#ing example for them.

I apologize if this isn't an SJ thing and my parents are just retarded, but that's why i never really have that meaningful of conversations with them and since we're basically extrapolating off of theories on this forum this could possibly explain the lack.
That is not an SJ thing. That is entirely your parents, and you. There are a billion exceptions to the stereotype/rule that you perceive your parents as following -- and SJs, like every other type, have the capacity to understand new theories when they're presented to them.

Based on the way you were just talking about your parents, have you ever considered the idea that the only reason why you perceive them as SJ is that they tell you what rules to follow, and appear (from your perspective) to have a hard time figuring out new concepts? Because that is no way to judge a person's type -- and that is a perfect example of what some on this thread have been suggesting, i.e. that more people on this forum may be SJ but mistyped because they have an image of SJs as being unable/unwilling to have theoretical discussions.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I forgot about [MENTION=4644]Habba[/MENTION] ! <3
He's still ISTJ too.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I forgot about [MENTION=4644]Habba[/MENTION] ! <3
He's still ISTJ too.

And plan to stay as such! ISTJism is for life. :p

Haven't been much onboard lately, since haven't spotted any interesting reading here. And I have been busy working.
Coincidence? :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And plan to stay as such! ISTJism is for life. :p

Haven't been much onboard lately, since haven't spotted any interesting reading here. And I have been busy working.
Coincidence? :D

Yes. :D

A

Anew Leaf

well.........

If [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8485]tinker683[/MENTION] are ISFJs, and if they are both adorable, then therefore all ISFJs are adorable.

/end thread.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well.........

If Giggly and tinker683 are ISFJs, and if they are both adorable, then therefore all ISFJs are adorable.

/end thread.

All ISFJ's are part of the Universal set U.
Tinker and I make up the subset s.

Draw a Venn Diagram to illustrate.