• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs, where have you gone?!

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:solidarity:

tumblr_lhp9uc7xRD1qerfido1_500.jpg

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure that, contrary to what they may say, the majority of people on this forum are in fact SFJs of some sort. The STJs are, admittedly, quite a bit more rare, but then again so are most of the other types, ESPECIALLY INTP. There are maybe a handful of people here that I truly believe are INTPs, and I pretty much don't believe there are any real INTJs or INFJs here (except for maybe one or two people, but I'm not sure.)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure that, contrary to what they may say, the majority of people on this forum are in fact SFJs of some sort. The STJs are, admittedly, quite a bit more rare, but then again so are most of the other types, ESPECIALLY INTP. There are maybe a handful of people here that I truly believe are INTPs, and I pretty much don't believe there are any real INTJs or INFJs here (except for maybe one or two people, but I'm not sure.)

Heeeee! Too funny! :laugh:

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
There are loads of SJ-in-denial INTJs here. You self-declared SJs have the advantage in having some self awareness.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SJ solidarity. :solidarity:
Yes!
By our powers combined, we are SJ PLANET :solidarity:
There are loads of SJ-in-denial INTJs here. You self-declared SJs have the advantage in having some self awareness.
Why thank you! :)

If people realized that SJs can think critically too -- and that not all SJs are traditionalists (and not all traditionalists are SJs!) -- maybe more forum SJs would admit their types!

I definitely think there are some mistyped ISFJs on the forum -- generally mistyped as INFJs -- but I dunno about ESFJs. What makes you (and Orangey) so skeptical of the INTJs? You seeing some Si up in there?
J'ACCUSE!!!!
This might help keep those SJ's around or even attract new ones...;)

Quick Curb Appeal Tips

• Street and Driveway: The street in front of your Guardhouse should be free of litter and may need a quick sweep. Watch out trolls!

• Mailbox and Visitor areas: Forum members will be paying attention to detail so you should too. Why not decorate with a YouTube link? Or a potted plant.

• Landscaping: Add a little sod bump to any bare spots threads in your lawn Guardhouse.

• Paint Font: Put a fresh coat of paint font type on the whole exterior of your home posts. If you don't have the time to do it yourself or the money to pay someone to do it for you, then just paint the shutters or trim underline or use italics.

• Sub-Forum: This is the focal point of your home. You can simply repaint the door Guardhouse and replace the hardware to give a new fresh look. If you have house numbers by your door, those can easily be replaced, if needed.
Man, you're makin' me want to be an ESFJ!! :laugh:
*starts searching for inner Domestic Foruming Goddess*

Edit: We must be doing some of this already because this subforum is VERY good at keeping the trolls out. I think we're too unresponsive to their provocations -- and therefore bore them, leading them to seek out Greener Troll Pastures (in the NT Rationale ;))

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well now! Look who's here. :D:D:D This is turning into a fantastic thread, what with Orangey and now Spartacuss. Now all we need is [MENTION=4349]INA[/MENTION].

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Changing dynamics of the SJ vs N subconsciously and consciously
- SJs won't subject themselves to psychology and Ns would ergo I must be an N
- SJs are short-sighted and I'm not therefore I must be an N
- SJs are not imaginative and I am therefore I must be an N
- SJs aren't open to new possibilities and I am therefore I must be an N
- I want to fit in therefore I am an N
- I want to not be stereotyped and taken more seriously therefore I am an N
- I want people on here to like me therefore I am an N
- I want to be seen me as a genius therefore I am an N
- I am like that person and that person is an N therefore I am an N
- I like the letter N over S therefore I am an N (If we did not label Ne and Ni as it is and did not call them introverted or extraverted, types would change)
- Statistics tell me that Ns are only 25% of the population so it is rarer to be an N so I am an N

The change is not often due to people enforcing a negative connotation to the S type but rather, the positive connotation the general media and education system tends to like to make of the traits that the N types often describe.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

The only thing that's a bit over typed are the N's but I'm pretty sure SJs are just not that into typology. I know quite a few ESFJs and they aren't the types that dwell on this sort of thing.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The only thing that's a bit over typed are the N's but I'm pretty sure SJs are just not that into typology. I know quite a few ESFJs and they aren't the types that dwell on this sort of thing.

I see no reason why SJs would be less "into" typology than anyone else. That's truly a notion that was born out of the idiocy of the personality forums.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I see no reason why SJs would be less "into" typology than anyone else. That's truly a notion that was born out of the idiocy of the personality forums.

because typology is a forum that speculates about theory and has open ended discussions. Sjs are task oriented and would rather get things done then speculate. This similar quality applies to SPS as well, if you haven't noticed this forum isn't riddled with SPs either.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
because typology is a forum that speculates on theory and open ended discussion. Sjs are task oriented and would rather get things done then speculate. This similar quality applies to SPS as well, if you haven't noticed this forum isn't riddled with SPs either.

Yeah, I agree with you actually. Took me a while to come to this realization honestly. I just don't think it is their focus. It's not a good or a bad thing- they have other things to think about. We took a "color" test in nursing school, where it appeared that the colors directly related to SJ, SP, NF, and NT. The SJ's, (which comprised of a lot of people) were rolling their eyes and scoffing at it the most. (Just a random example, of course.) MBTI has real-world applications that the SJ can use and benefit from, but beyond that, it seems like all talking and theory.

I remember a facebook mbti quiz a while back and noticed that most people did test SJ, as the general population would predict. SJ's aren't walking around saying "SJ's are interested in typology! We're cool too!!!" (Or faking being other types just because they don't want to be SJ's.) They are just taking the test and then moving on with their busy productive lives.

(Double edit: Regarding the color test, we were then asked to complete a task together. The results of the groups were stereotypical. The few NT's were in the corner building something strange, the SJ's were all working really fast and trying to talk over each other and asking the teacher a lot of questions, the NF's were sitting in a circle discussing the plan, and the SP's were all talking and laughing and taking turns adding things to the project. I was just looking around wondering what the forum would be like if it were representative of the general population/ or representative of the population in my nursing class.)

wolfy

awsm
SJ tend to enjoy other hobbies such as knitting and engine repair.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SJ tend to enjoy other hobbies such as knitting and engine repair.

:dont:
Leave the engine repair to the ISTP's, please. If it weren't for motor vehicles, ISTP's would run out of things to do... SJ's have bills to pay and office chairs to keep warm.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yeah, I agree with you actually. Took me a while to come to this realization honestly. I just don't think it is their focus. It's not a good or a bad thing- they have other things to think about. We took a "color" test in nursing school, where it appeared that the colors directly related to SJ, SP, NF, and NT. The SJ's, (which comprised of a lot of people) were rolling their eyes and scoffing at it the most. (Just a random example, of course.) MBTI has real-world applications that the SJ can use and benefit from, but beyond that, it seems like all talking and theory.

I remember a facebook mbti quiz a while back and noticed that most people did test SJ, as the general population would predict. SJ's aren't walking around saying "SJ's are interested in typology! We're cool too!!!" (Or faking being other types just because they don't want to be SJ's.) They are just taking the test and then moving on with their busy productive lives.

(Double edit: Regarding the color test, we were then asked to complete a task together. The results of the groups were stereotypical. The few NT's were in the corner building something strange, the SJ's were all working really fast and trying to talk over each other and asking the teacher a lot of questions, the NF's were sitting in a circle discussing the plan, and the SP's were all talking and laughing and taking turns adding things to the project. I was just looking around wondering what the forum would be like if it were representative of the general population/ or representative of the population in my nursing class.)

What bothers me a bit is that most people in this thread have to nerve to call on other people saying well they are just "mistyped". Sure some people are probably mistyped but how do you know someone so well to just assume they are mistyped? especially on an internet forum. Are you suppose to be their personal psychologist? I think that idea is far more absurd than just saying well maybe SJs just aren't into typology as much maybe they would rather deal practical real life situations than sit and speculate on the internet which celebrity is INTJ vs that other celebrity .

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What bothers me a bit is that most people in this thread have to nerve to call on other people saying well they are just "mistyped". Sure some people are probably mistyped but how do you know someone so well to just assume they are mistyped? especially on an internet forum. Are you suppose to be their personal psychologist? I think that idea is far more absurd than just saying well maybe SJs just aren't into typology as much maybe they would rather deal practical real life situations then sit and speculate on the internet which celebrity is INTJ vs that other celebrity .

Right, that bothers me the most, too. Well, first of all, if they are mistyped, it's honestly not anyone's problem. If you are into typology enough to want to stick with it, hopefully you are using whatever type helps you understand yourself the best, instead of just trying to be the "better" type, (which was created here- most people walking around in the world aren't thinking in terms of what type they want to be of all things.) I honestly think this topic is a breeding ground for N's- it's fluffy and theoretical and you can talk ad nauseum, essay form for days here. It would be awesome if more SJ's could log on, I think, it would give us even more to work with/ talk about. Unfortunately, if SJ's liked to talk ad nauseum for days in essay form for fun, they wouldn't be SJ's now would they? And not only that, the entire world would fall apart.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lot of hatorade in this thread :dry:

NEED MAOR SJs!!!!! We've got vacant office chairs people!!!!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
because typology is a forum that speculates about theory and has open ended discussions. Sjs are task oriented and would rather get things done then speculate. This similar quality applies to SPS as well, if you haven't noticed this forum isn't riddled with SPs either.

This is a gossip forum. There is very little "open-ended" speculation. Plus, contrary to what it's been set up as, typology is a HIGHLY PRACTICAL-APPLICATION ORIENTED SUBJECT. It's not really all that theoretical (what little theory is involved is simple.)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
What bothers me a bit is that most people in this thread have to nerve to call on other people saying well they are just "mistyped". Sure some people are probably mistyped but how do you know someone so well to just assume they are mistyped? especially on an internet forum. Are you suppose to be their personal psychologist? I think that idea is far more absurd than just saying well maybe SJs just aren't into typology as much maybe they would rather deal practical real life situations then sit and speculate on the internet which celebrity is INTJ vs that other celebrity .

I think it's far more likely that most people on these sites identify as INPs and INJs because they want to be special.