User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 163

  1. #81
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    I'm going to make a type your professor thread.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Noon - ISFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    /thread



    Now UPDATE YOUR TYPES ACCORDINGLY! :footballreferee:
    Is this still in character or do you both believe I really am an ISFJ?

  3. #83
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm actually ISFP.
    And Anton Levy is the Pope. hahahahahahahah

    :P

  4. #84
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    And Anton Levy is the Pope. hahahahahahahah

    :P
    Your tongue is sticking out again.

    I test ISFP just like you test ISTP.


  5. #85
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I think this is where our communication issues are. Positivity,... "reasonable responses", (whatever that means.) I just don't get you SJ's and your plain clear statements. We want reasons to interpret all the meanings of what you said- we like people to say weird, out there things to make us wonder, "what did she mean?" and so we can have something to debate about. You just don't belong here EJCC, nothing you say is meaningful enough.
    but if you just change your type and screen name we may take you more seriously...
    I love being accused of being too reasonable and straightforward!

    Maybe I should be an Ni dom for a day.
    I'd spend it doing stuff like this: answering every question that anyone asks me with a random, arbitrary word, and seeing what people do. How many ways can they analyze that random word? How many uses can it REALLY have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Is this still in character or do you both believe I really am an ISFJ?
    My first action as an honorary Ni dom is to say: Spin.

    ooh, can't ya just feel the infinite meaning in that??




    (srslythoIwasbeingsarcastic)
    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Put it this way does it make more sense that most SJs on this forum type themselves as NTs or Njs because they secretly "want to feel special" or is it because the forum simply does not appeal to many SJs because it does not interest them. This is a no brainer. There are many people on this forum who I think are mistyped but how could I ever justify that XXXX is not their type? who am I to say that they are compatible or incompatible with being a certain type, I can't. I think the individual should be only person who really makes the judgement on what their type really is.
    This makes sense to me. I understand the thought process. At the same time, I think I would probably agree with you more on this note if it weren't for the fact that I have seen so many situations where a person mistyped themselves by hyperanalyzing a particular detail, or few details, of a type -- or that they just didn't know all that much about function theory etc -- and mistyped themselves as a result. I agree that people know themselves best, but sometimes it's up to others to tell them whether what they know so well in themselves is Ni or Ne, you know what I mean?

    It doesn't mean you have to attack them with "YOU ARE NOT THIS TYPE OBVIOUSLY I KNOW YOU BETTER THAN YOU DO" -- which I have seen some members in the "What's My Type?" section do -- but you can still at the very least ask them "What makes you think this over this?" and if their rationale is wrong you could correct them politely.

    I agree the assumption is wrong I never said it wasn't I was saying that people who are attracted to a typology forum are typically not Sj's. People who like to argue and use up countless hours of their time online are usually not Sj's, Sj's are task oriented and like to get things done in the real world, even if it's a science project and what not.
    I maintain that arguing for hours on end with no purpose in sight is not really what this forum is about -- but I do see where you're coming from. I could agree with you that it's misinterpreting the forum that leads SJs to be less interested in it -- because I can't help but think that if they used it the way I do, they'd like it better! But I don't agree that SJs are less likely to be interested in typology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm going to make a type your professor thread.
    Ooh, do it! That sounds fun!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #86
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Your tongue is sticking out again.

    I test ISFP just like you test ISTP.


  7. #87
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I think I would probably agree with you more on this note if it weren't for the fact that I have seen so many situations where a person mistyped themselves by hyperanalyzing a particular detail, or few details, of a type -- or that they just didn't know all that much about function theory etc -- and mistyped themselves as a result. I agree that people know themselves best, but sometimes it's up to others to tell them whether what they know so well in themselves is Ni or Ne, you know what I mean?
    Exactly. Add to the bolded a tendency to lean N from the start, and you have a whole forum full of wannabe Ns (because the descriptions make them sound all magical and/or super smart.)

    Also, the way jixmixfix says it, you'd think that SJs never take the time to engage in frivolity of any sort (and let's not pretend this forum is anything other than frivolous...it most certainly does not attract intellectuals, if the level of discourse in the politics subforum is any representation.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #88
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

    This makes sense to me. I understand the thought process. At the same time, I think I would probably agree with you more on this note if it weren't for the fact that I have seen so many situations where a person mistyped themselves by hyperanalyzing a particular detail, or few details, of a type -- or that they just didn't know all that much about function theory etc -- and mistyped themselves as a result. I agree that people know themselves best, but sometimes it's up to others to tell them whether what they know so well in themselves is Ni or Ne, you know what I mean?

    It doesn't mean you have to attack them with "YOU ARE NOT THIS TYPE OBVIOUSLY I KNOW YOU BETTER THAN YOU DO" -- which I have seen some members in the "What's My Type?" section do -- but you can still at the very least ask them "What makes you think this over this?" and if their rationale is wrong you could correct them politely.
    That doesn't necessarily correlate to lack of SJs on the forum according to that logic it just means people can often be mistyped.


    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I maintain that arguing for hours on end with no purpose in sight is not really what this forum is about --
    Who said anything about arguing with no purpose? For some people debating and arguing and speculating is important to them it has a purpose for others it's not.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    but I do see where you're coming from. I could agree with you that it's misinterpreting the forum that leads SJs to be less interested in it -- because I can't help but think that if they used it the way I do, they'd like it better! But I don't agree that SJs are less likely to be interested in typology.
    I never said anything about them not being interested in typology they would probably find some good interest in it if they saw practical use for it. However I do think they are uninterested in the forum.

  9. #89
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    That doesn't necessarily correlate to lack of SJs on the forum according to that logic it just means people can often be mistyped.
    I wasn't responding to the thing about the lack of SJs on the forum, in that quote. I was responding to this quote: "who am I to say that they are compatible or incompatible with being a certain type, I can't."
    Who said anything about arguing with no purpose? For some people debating and arguing and speculating is important to them it has a purpose for others it's not.
    Right -- but for SJs, the purpose is what matters, and if SJs debate and argue and speculate it always has a purpose. I was just saying that it doesn't make sense to say that SJs aren't interested in debating and arguing and speculating in general.
    I never said anything about them not being interested in typology they would probably find some good interest in it if they saw practical use for it. However I do think they are uninterested in the forum.
    Wow, I think there are some Ne vs. Ni communication issues going on here. I felt like addressing that point because I felt like it related too much to be ignored. We have enough common ground that there isn't much point nitpicking little details. We've found some common ground between you and Orangey, and we agree that the reason why there aren't more SJs on the forum isn't because they aren't intellectual, or because most of the forum is mistyped.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  10. #90
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I find it weird, when I hang out a socionics forum, and the types are more evenly split, and some of the most respected members and "theorists" on the forum are SJ. Like this guy, "smilingeyes" (just take a glance at the link). He's ESTj/LSE, and can write walls of text on socionics and Jungian theories, and even has his own subtheories, that some people adhere to there. And it's not as if Te/Si are defined in some radical way to make this happen. The big difference in socionics circles is that typing a person revolves function definitions, and little more. Behavior is set aside, where it's commonly accepted that most people/types are capable of anything.

Similar Threads

  1. Have you ever gone on a mass murder rampage??
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 11:38 PM
  2. Where Have All The MEN Gone?
    By aprilfool in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 10:48 AM
  3. Where have YOU traveled to?
    By Synthetic Darkness in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 03:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO