First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The only thing that's a bit over typed are the N's but I'm pretty sure SJs are just not that into typology. I know quite a few ESFJs and they aren't the types that dwell on this sort of thing.
    I see no reason why SJs would be less "into" typology than anyone else. That's truly a notion that was born out of the idiocy of the personality forums.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I see no reason why SJs would be less "into" typology than anyone else. That's truly a notion that was born out of the idiocy of the personality forums.
    because typology is a forum that speculates about theory and has open ended discussions. Sjs are task oriented and would rather get things done then speculate. This similar quality applies to SPS as well, if you haven't noticed this forum isn't riddled with SPs either.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

because typology is a forum that speculates on theory and open ended discussion. Sjs are task oriented and would rather get things done then speculate. This similar quality applies to SPS as well, if you haven't noticed this forum isn't riddled with SPs either.
    Yeah, I agree with you actually. Took me a while to come to this realization honestly. I just don't think it is their focus. It's not a good or a bad thing- they have other things to think about. We took a "color" test in nursing school, where it appeared that the colors directly related to SJ, SP, NF, and NT. The SJ's, (which comprised of a lot of people) were rolling their eyes and scoffing at it the most. (Just a random example, of course.) MBTI has real-world applications that the SJ can use and benefit from, but beyond that, it seems like all talking and theory.

I remember a facebook mbti quiz a while back and noticed that most people did test SJ, as the general population would predict. SJ's aren't walking around saying "SJ's are interested in typology! We're cool too!!!" (Or faking being other types just because they don't want to be SJ's.) They are just taking the test and then moving on with their busy productive lives.

(Double edit: Regarding the color test, we were then asked to complete a task together. The results of the groups were stereotypical. The few NT's were in the corner building something strange, the SJ's were all working really fast and trying to talk over each other and asking the teacher a lot of questions, the NF's were sitting in a circle discussing the plan, and the SP's were all talking and laughing and taking turns adding things to the project. I was just looking around wondering what the forum would be like if it were representative of the general population/ or representative of the population in my nursing class.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

SJ tend to enjoy other hobbies such as knitting and engine repair.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    SJ tend to enjoy other hobbies such as knitting and engine repair.

Leave the engine repair to the ISTP's, please. If it weren't for motor vehicles, ISTP's would run out of things to do... SJ's have bills to pay and office chairs to keep warm.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you actually. Took me a while to come to this realization honestly. I just don't think it is their focus. It's not a good or a bad thing- they have other things to think about. We took a "color" test in nursing school, where it appeared that the colors directly related to SJ, SP, NF, and NT. The SJ's, (which comprised of a lot of people) were rolling their eyes and scoffing at it the most. (Just a random example, of course.) MBTI has real-world applications that the SJ can use and benefit from, but beyond that, it seems like all talking and theory.

I remember a facebook mbti quiz a while back and noticed that most people did test SJ, as the general population would predict. SJ's aren't walking around saying "SJ's are interested in typology! We're cool too!!!" (Or faking being other types just because they don't want to be SJ's.) They are just taking the test and then moving on with their busy productive lives.

(Double edit: Regarding the color test, we were then asked to complete a task together. The results of the groups were stereotypical. The few NT's were in the corner building something strange, the SJ's were all working really fast and trying to talk over each other and asking the teacher a lot of questions, the NF's were sitting in a circle discussing the plan, and the SP's were all talking and laughing and taking turns adding things to the project. I was just looking around wondering what the forum would be like if it were representative of the general population/ or representative of the population in my nursing class.)
    What bothers me a bit is that most people in this thread have to nerve to call on other people saying well they are just "mistyped". Sure some people are probably mistyped but how do you know someone so well to just assume they are mistyped? especially on an internet forum. Are you suppose to be their personal psychologist? I think that idea is far more absurd than just saying well maybe SJs just aren't into typology as much maybe they would rather deal practical real life situations than sit and speculate on the internet which celebrity is INTJ vs that other celebrity .

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

What bothers me a bit is that most people in this thread have to nerve to call on other people saying well they are just "mistyped". Sure some people are probably mistyped but how do you know someone so well to just assume they are mistyped? especially on an internet forum. Are you suppose to be their personal psychologist? I think that idea is far more absurd than just saying well maybe SJs just aren't into typology as much maybe they would rather deal practical real life situations then sit and speculate on the internet which celebrity is INTJ vs that other celebrity .
    Right, that bothers me the most, too. Well, first of all, if they are mistyped, it's honestly not anyone's problem. If you are into typology enough to want to stick with it, hopefully you are using whatever type helps you understand yourself the best, instead of just trying to be the "better" type, (which was created here- most people walking around in the world aren't thinking in terms of what type they want to be of all things.) I honestly think this topic is a breeding ground for N's- it's fluffy and theoretical and you can talk ad nauseum, essay form for days here. It would be awesome if more SJ's could log on, I think, it would give us even more to work with/ talk about. Unfortunately, if SJ's liked to talk ad nauseum for days in essay form for fun, they wouldn't be SJ's now would they? And not only that, the entire world would fall apart.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Lot of hatorade in this thread

NEED MAOR SJs!!!!! We've got vacant office chairs people!!!!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

because typology is a forum that speculates about theory and has open ended discussions. Sjs are task oriented and would rather get things done then speculate. This similar quality applies to SPS as well, if you haven't noticed this forum isn't riddled with SPs either.
    This is a gossip forum. There is very little "open-ended" speculation. Plus, contrary to what it's been set up as, typology is a HIGHLY PRACTICAL-APPLICATION ORIENTED SUBJECT. It's not really all that theoretical (what little theory is involved is simple.)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

What bothers me a bit is that most people in this thread have to nerve to call on other people saying well they are just "mistyped". Sure some people are probably mistyped but how do you know someone so well to just assume they are mistyped? especially on an internet forum. Are you suppose to be their personal psychologist? I think that idea is far more absurd than just saying well maybe SJs just aren't into typology as much maybe they would rather deal practical real life situations then sit and speculate on the internet which celebrity is INTJ vs that other celebrity .
    I think it's far more likely that most people on these sites identify as INPs and INJs because they want to be special.