User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Yeah...it's a real bitch about all the negative SJ stereotypes. But I can kind of see why there aren't a plethora of them on here.

One of my roommates (and best friend) is an ISFJ. I introduced her to MBTI, she took the test, read a little bit about her type, said "oh hey, that sounds like me" and that was that.

She told me she just doesn't particularly see the point in MBTI (or talking with strangers online about it). She's all about "real-life" interaction with people she knows or has known or could potentially get to know and spend quality time with. She thinks my whole forum thing is a little odd (and super nerdy), which I find funny because I don't really share her interests at all, either (knitting, cheesy movies/TV shows, cooking, church).

But I really like asking her questions that are brought up on the forum and discussing them with her. So she knows what kinds of discussions go on here and she finds those discussions very interesting, but it's just I think that she'd rather talk about it in person with her close friends and relations. She's a very private person and I can see how she'd think that forum posting is too impersonal and non-private.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Yeah...it's a real bitch about all the negative SJ stereotypes. But I can kind of see why there aren't a plethora of them on here.

One of my roommates (and best friend) is an ISFJ. I introduced her to MBTI, she took the test, read a little bit about her type, said "oh hey, that sounds like me" and that was that.

She told me she just doesn't particularly see the point in MBTI (or talking with strangers online about it). She's all about "real-life" interaction with people she knows or has known or could potentially get to know and spend quality time with. She thinks my whole forum thing is a little odd (and super nerdy), which I find funny because I don't really share her interests at all, either (knitting, cheesy movies/TV shows, cooking, church).

But I really like asking her questions that are brought up on the forum and discussing them with her. So she knows what kinds of discussions go on here and she finds those discussions very interesting, but it's just I think that she'd rather talk about it in person with her close friends and relations. She's a very private person and I can see how she'd think that forum posting is too impersonal and non-private.
    I think this is the reaction that most people have. Interest in MBTI means...interest in MBTI. Types don't come packaged with "will most certainly be interested in X" guarantees. I don't know why interest in typology is treated as something special. If you approached someone you knew and tried to interest them in, say, corn farming, and they said that they really couldn't care less, everyone would recognize that their lack of interest in corn farming means nothing beyond a lack of interest in corn farming.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I find it weird, when I hang out a socionics forum, and the types are more evenly split, and some of the most respected members and "theorists" on the forum are SJ. Like this guy, "smilingeyes" (just take a glance at the link). He's ESTj/LSE, and can write walls of text on socionics and Jungian theories, and even has his own subtheories, that some people adhere to there. And it's not as if Te/Si are defined in some radical way to make this happen. The big difference in socionics circles is that typing a person revolves function definitions, and little more. Behavior is set aside, where it's commonly accepted that most people/types are capable of anything.
    Yes. Also, the type descriptions in socionics are simply better than the MBTI ones.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

I get where she's coming from. I think MBTI is interesting too, hence my being here, but I'm not hardcore about it and I'm positive that has nothing to do with my type. I feel like if I wanted to get involved deeper with it I could, ESFJ doesn't automatically = flake. Hehe. MBTI has helped me think about possible solutions to have a better relationship/understanding with difficult people like my dad (ESTJ) but I usually take your friend's approach when handling most people out there.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    ...A wild ESFJ appears!

I can't speak for everyone, but here's a thought about my type in particular. ESFJs like to be liked, and on a lot of these types of forums - let's face it, there's often a ton of ESFJ bashing going on. After all, ESFJs are bad, controlling, smothering, soul-sucking-emotional-trainwreck type people without a logical thought in their heads! Such manipulation! Such suffocation! Damn the badness of the ESFJ and their inability to lay off and just let you do your own thing your own way!

Course...the truth could be that a lot of you have never met a healthy ESFJ to compare, or (*gasp*) might have even mistyped the batshit-crazies as an ESFJ because they have pictures of kitties in their cubicles. (EPIC PROOF!) So then, what of us healthy emotional types that then read all of this unbridled negativity and go, 'hm...well, I'm not like that at all actually." Clearly we move onto the description that we feel must suit us better. (FAKE)

Oh and hey, we seem to be liked better too. Because even playing an ISFJ is so much 'safer' than that terrible E. (still pretty bad though)
    So there you go. I bet if you make the forum more SJ-friendly and by extension *fun* you'll begin to see more of these true-types surfacing.

The End.
    Stop guilt-tripping the haters!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Stop guilt-tripping the haters!
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Malice

I really really understand. I'm a private person too and prefer in-person interactions but the variety is not always there, especially with discussion.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    So then, what of us healthy emotional types that then read all of this unbridled negativity and go, 'hm...well, I'm not like that at all actually." Clearly we move onto the description that we feel must suit us better. (FAKE)
    Precisely. Hence a forum full of NTs and NFs.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I really really understand. I'm a private person too and prefer in-person interactions but the variety is not always there, especially with discussion.
    Yeah! Forums are great for variety of discussion and different perspectives.

And I guess I should back up, @Orangey. I didn't intend to suggest that SJs are less likely to be into MBTI (or that interest in MBTI is something "special"). I was just offering my friend's experience with it and reasons as to why her temperament may be why she isn't into being active on an online forum (since this is a thread talking about the lack of SJs on here). But you have a very good point.

Give me a reason why I think I am an SJ of any type.

Yeah! Forums are great for variety of discussion and different perspectives.

And I guess I should back up, @Orangey. I didn't intend to suggest that SJs are less likely to be into MBTI (or that interest in MBTI is something "special"). I was just offering my friend's experience with it and reasons as to why her temperament may be why she isn't into being active on an online forum (since this is a thread talking about the lack of SJs on here). But you have a very good point.
    Yeah, it's strange. I had to bug my ISTJ friend so many times for him to take the test. Once he was finally done taking the test, I asked if it fit him or not. And he said yes.

That was the last time he ever thought about MBTI.

Banned
    MBTI
    heha
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp

Eh, i understand the lack of SJs. both my parents are SJs and i don't know if they are serious or not but i'm serious and explaining something very simply but they refuse to understand any of it unless i give them a concrete example of it. it's the most infuriating thing ever. i mean, maybe if i was an SJ i would mentally keep track of everything that happens to me but i would rather get high forget all my problems and talk to another human being by exchanging opinions and thoughts and ideas than have to give my parents another mother &*^#ing example for them.

I apologize if this isn't an SJ thing and my parents are just retarded, but that's why i never really have that meaningful of conversations with them and since we're basically extrapolating off of theories on this forum this could possibly explain the lack.