User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Exactly. Add to the bolded a tendency to lean N from the start, and you have a whole forum full of wannabe Ns (because the descriptions make them sound all magical and/or super smart.)

Also, the way jixmixfix says it, you'd think that SJs never take the time to engage in frivolity of any sort (and let's not pretend this forum is anything other than frivolous...it most certainly does not attract intellectuals, if the level of discourse in the politics subforum is any representation.)
    I like the fact that many descriptions make INFPs sound like they need help brushing their teeth because they are too busy crying over road kill or concocting fairy castles in the clouds.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I like the fact that many descriptions make INFPs sound like they need help brushing their teeth because they are too busy crying over road kill or concocting fairy castles in the clouds.
    Seriously, I remember the first time I tested on MBTI I was like 12 and got INFP, (and it was keirsey, I think) , and it was all "good and evil" and "seeing life through rose colored glasses". And I pictured this really strange girl sitting in the corner with pink sunglasses on and laughing (because she thought life was wonderful with those glasses on.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Seriously, I remember the first time I tested on MBTI I was like 12 and got INFP, (and it was keirsey, I think) , and it was all "good and evil" and "seeing life through rose colored glasses". And I pictured this really strange girl sitting in the corner with pink sunglasses on and laughing (because she thought life was wonderful with those glasses on.)
    hahaha, exactly! "INFPs are perhaps the most pure of all the types." "These rare creatures can be easily harmed, so caution must be employed when dealing with them!" "Despite their innocence they can become obsessed with the evil nature of humanity and delve into the dark arts."

Of course, there is some truth in the matter. If I was an INFP mouse, there is NO way I would ever be able to find the cheese in the maze. I'd probably die stuck in a corner because I am too busy thinking about being pure.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I find it weird, when I hang out a socionics forum, and the types are more evenly split, and some of the most respected members and "theorists" on the forum are SJ. Like this guy, "smilingeyes" (just take a glance at the link). He's ESTj/LSE, and can write walls of text on socionics and Jungian theories, and even has his own subtheories, that some people adhere to there. And it's not as if Te/Si are defined in some radical way to make this happen. The big difference in socionics circles is that typing a person revolves function definitions, and little more. Behavior is set aside, where it's commonly accepted that most people/types are capable of anything.
    Interesting! (Although I've heard that ESTj in Socionics is more like ESTP? I dunno, I know almost nothing about Socionics.)

Do you think it's something to do with this forum in particular? An overwhelming sense of pretentiousness among certain sections of the forum, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, it's ridiculous So exaggerated. Is every INFP supposed to be Luna Lovegood??
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

...A wild ESFJ appears!

I can't speak for everyone, but here's a thought about my type in particular. ESFJs like to be liked, and on a lot of these types of forums - let's face it, there's often a ton of ESFJ bashing going on. After all, ESFJs are bad, controlling, smothering, soul-sucking-emotional-trainwreck type people without a logical thought in their heads! Such manipulation! Such suffocation! Damn the badness of the ESFJ and their inability to lay off and just let you do your own thing your own way!

Course...the truth could be that a lot of you have never met a healthy ESFJ to compare, or (*gasp*) might have even mistyped the batshit-crazies as an ESFJ because they have pictures of kitties in their cubicles. (EPIC PROOF!) So then, what of us healthy emotional types that then read all of this unbridled negativity and go, 'hm...well, I'm not like that at all actually." Clearly we move onto the description that we feel must suit us better. (FAKE)

Oh and hey, we seem to be liked better too. Because even playing an ISFJ is so much 'safer' than that terrible E. (still pretty bad though)
    So there you go. I bet if you make the forum more SJ-friendly and by extension *fun* you'll begin to see more of these true-types surfacing.

The End.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Interesting! (Although I've heard that ESTj in Socionics is more like ESTP? I dunno, I know almost nothing about Socionics.)
    It might depend on the "subtype" (which is another theory questioned by some, but whatever). The type doesn't really change, but each type could be broken down by a strong preference for either primary or auxiliary functions (or in socionics terms, the base and creative functions). So there are ESTj-Te subtypes, and ESTj-Si. The Si subtype would be the one that shoots from the hip a bit more, and is more gregarious, like an ESTP.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    ...A wild ESFJ appears!

I can't speak for everyone, but here's a thought about my type in particular. ESFJs like to be liked, and on a lot of these types of forums - let's face it, there's often a ton of ESFJ bashing going on. After all, ESFJs are bad, controlling, smothering, soul-sucking-emotional-trainwreck type people without a logical thought in their heads! Such manipulation! Such suffocation! Damn the badness of the ESFJ and their inability to lay off and just let you do your own thing your own way!

Course...the truth could be that a lot of you have never met a healthy ESFJ to compare, or (*gasp*) might have even mistyped the batshit-crazies as an ESFJ because they have pictures of kitties in their cubicles. (EPIC PROOF!) So then, what of us healthy emotional types that then read all of this unbridled negativity and go, 'hm...well, I'm not like that at all actually." Clearly we move onto the description that we feel must suit us better. (FAKE)

Oh and hey, we seem to be liked better too. Because even playing an ISFJ is so much 'safer' than that terrible E. (still pretty bad though)
    So there you go. I bet if you make the forum more SJ-friendly and by extension *fun* you'll begin to see more of these true-types surfacing.

The End.
    1) I relate to ALL of this. I feel like ESTJs and ESFJs are the most commonly mistyped by others. The example you gave about someone being ESFJ because of the kitten pics in their cubicle made me lol due to how freaking true it is.

2) HI MALICE!! I haven't seen you around in awhile! What's up??
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

2) HI MALICE!! I haven't seen you around in awhile! What's up??
    Hey buddy,
    I've been afk for ages, had to get myself settled in a new city with a new job. Things aren't perfect yet, and I can't promise I'll be around, but I poked my head in today and saw this thread and KNEW I had to throw in my two cents. rofl. How are you? Your penguin is adorable!
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

...A wild ESFJ appears!
    You just proved ESFJs can be fun.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Anew Leaf

...A wild ESFJ appears!

The End.
    I like the cut of your jibe, Simpson.

Report to the Ne Candy Factory on Monday at 8 am and you got yourself a job!