What does that mean? Doesn't everyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Lindaxo View Post
    I would love to see more answers to this question. My dad is an ISTJ and I'm an ENFP and we can get along for about 10 minutes... and thats it.

you know, this kind of makes me sad....i am an ENFP, .....and i am absoultley in love with an ISTJ, and....well, i LOVE him....
    i have never loved someone that much... and i guess he loves me...
    u know, being and ENFP, i have my doubts about other's feelings....besides some self steem issues, so im not sure he could love me...

many friends, say he does...and i've observed him, and well........he is always so caring, he looks after me, he holds my sight with his eyes in such a tender way...
    when every he says hi...when he sees me, he gets all excited, and smiles, and gets happy, and hugs me so...carefully and kindly...

and he is always looking how to help....recently i broke a leg, and WOWW!! for real! i felt i was abussing of him!! he would do ANYTHING!!!!!!!! without me even asking....if i felt pain, he would see it on my face, and grab my leg tenderly and fix come pillows in the couch or something...

thus, he is careful not to show THAT MUCH care infront of others....as my parents jajajaja but as soon as they are gone....he is a sweet-heart.
    besides, he is my best friend....he is my secret keeper, my ear, my shoulder...
    and i am his..

what do u think about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    What does that mean? Doesn't everyone?
    On some level I want to laugh, cry a little, laugh some more and then drink several beers, dark wonderful stouts...

Quote Originally Posted by weepingcherry View Post
    you know, this kind of makes me sad....i am an ENFP, .....and i am absoultley in love with an ISTJ, and....well, i LOVE him....
    i have never loved someone that much... and i guess he loves me...
    u know, being and ENFP, i have my doubts about other's feelings....besides some self steem issues, so im not sure he could love me...

many friends, say he does...and i've observed him, and well........he is always so caring, he looks after me, he holds my sight with his eyes in such a tender way...
    when every he says hi...when he sees me, he gets all excited, and smiles, and gets happy, and hugs me so...carefully and kindly...

and he is always looking how to help....recently i broke a leg, and WOWW!! for real! i felt i was abussing of him!! he would do ANYTHING!!!!!!!! without me even asking....if i felt pain, he would see it on my face, and grab my leg tenderly and fix come pillows in the couch or something...

thus, he is careful not to show THAT MUCH care infront of others....as my parents jajajaja but as soon as they are gone....he is a sweet-heart.
    besides, he is my best friend....he is my secret keeper, my ear, my shoulder...
    and i am his..

what do u think about him?
    I can see this. I work with many ISTJs and I like them very much. My favortie the other day told me when everything in our workplace dissolves into utter chaos he thinks daydreams about unicorns and fields of flowers. Appreciate the humor as he is the director of quality assurance.

(I considered marrying him.)

Then he told me I have termites as I seem so happy and cheerful on the outside, but so riddled with angst on the inside. He said I need to stop caring about my workplace.

(my inner voice: would an istj like a termite ridden enfp?)

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    (my inner voice: would an istj like a termite ridden enfp?)
    I know I would!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

It doesn't.

You end up with a very controlling man that must know what you had for lunch that day.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't think it's an ISTJ issue to need control as much as a need to just know where he stands. But the short answer is for both of you to realize your limitations before you can fully appreciate how well you can share each other's strengths and mesh.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

No - I fully believe from personal experience they DO have to have control.

Cognitive Process
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ISTJ

Alexx you are basing this on experience dealing with that one dude? :-/
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

I don't have much of a leg to stand on with relationships, but I thought I'd throw a couple cents in. I would like to agree and possibly elaborate on Bubbleboy's post, if he doesn't mind.

Yes, for me at least, it's not a matter of control --- it's a matter of knowing where I stand, where you stand, etc. I just need to know where everything's at. Unfortunately, in life, I often resort to "controlling" my situations that way I can guarantee these things have a certain "location". So, don't think of control as the ultimate ISTJ goal, it's more like a side-effect to wanting a solid ground to stand on. (a solid past to reference, if you will.)

Now, not to stack the cards against you, but if you're truly as fickle as your posts would make you, here is where I imagine the friction occurs. He doesn't like you being fickle because it makes it impossible for him to form a....knowledge of where you both stand. (Because you change, on the outside at least, too frequently.) While you find a lack of predictability "fun", or "normal", an ISTJ would find that tortuous. (at least I do.)

I would recommend a compromise under normal circumstances, but unless you would both be happy with a compromise, then it would be pointless indeed. A relationship should be mutually-beneficial --- and as an ISTJ *would* say --- like a business contract.

Just take it seriously, and take it slow. You have to strike a balance between letting him have "control" as you call it, and you being "fickle" (for lack of a positive form of the word.) (Spontaneous doesn't quite fit.)

Ah, but of course, take it with a grain of salt. I am no professional --- I merely think I know it all. Have a good day. ; )

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Alexx you are basing this on experience dealing with that one dude? :-/
    Well, 3 ISTJ's in my life, but mainly the one - yes.

And I don't know what I'm having for lunch today yet

Cognitive Process
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant