User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    THis is the thing. (And what the rest of you said!) I think it's kind of a stereotype. I've read through some of those "what type are your families" threads and there often seems to be an imbalance toward ESFJ moms - more accurately, xSFJ. While quite a few other types may also be represented, virtually never do you see anyone admitting to an ENTP or INTJ mom, for instance. And I refuse to believe that women of those types never reproduce.

I have to say, the 19-year-old INTJ saying "my ESFJ mom will never understand my superior intellect, as she's so hidebound and such a nosy nag" is pretty much one of the ultimate MBTI cliches at this point.

I can't absolutely swear to the types of my family members, but no question we're all IxxJ. Mom is probably INTJ, Dad IxFJ (I could see him as either N or S - he's a lot like me) and brother probably ISTJ.
    The thing is, if you get rid of those distinct SJ stereotypes and lump less people into the SJ temperament, then the people who aren't SJs won't feel so "special" and "unique" anymore. AND THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT!

That said I do know quite a few ESFJs. They aren't all bossy though. I know some INFPs who are bossy too. Still, I think the stereotypes are here to stay because more than anything they help people to feel secure.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    The thing is, if you get rid of those distinct SJ stereotypes and lump less people into the SJ temperament, then the people who aren't SJs won't feel so "special" and "unique" anymore. AND THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    Yup, that too. Most people feel superior to their moms for a long time when they're younger. Especially NTs. It's so much easier if your mom is an SJ.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Actually now that I really think about it, I think my mom might be ESTJ rather than ESFJ!! Hmmm.... thanks @SilkRoad !

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Actually now that I really think about it, I think my mom might be ESTJ rather than ESFJ!! Hmmm.... thanks @SilkRoad !
    Haha, I'm just here to be annoying and mess with your minds.

I find it really hard to type people, honestly. I'm not very confident about it. I'd be very surprised if we aren't all IxxJs in my family, though.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Haha, I'm just here to be annoying and mess with your minds.

I find it really hard to type people, honestly. I'm not very confident about it. I'd be very surprised if we aren't all IxxJs in my family, though.
    Nah, it's not the first time I've thought it. Whenever the thought would enter my mind I'd reject it though. Not cause I dislike ESTJs or anything but because she can be quite uhhh emotional sometimes, and I automatically associate emotion with F, but it's not really the Fe kind of emotional. It's more Te emotional.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Having looked some more through the sticky thread in the MBTI forum about family member types: not absolutely everyone claims to have an xSFJ mom (though probably the majority do.)
    Here you are!

Derived from the stats of the 1998 edition of MBTI Manual:

SP Artisans (Sanguine, Aesthetic, Probing): 27.0%
    SJ Guardians (Melancholic, Economic, Scheduling): 46.4%
    NF Idealists (Choleric, Religious, Friendly): 16.5%
    NT Rationals (Phlegmatic, Theoretic, Tough-minded): 10.4%

P.S. My Mom is a confirmed ISFJ - my aunt ISFP - my grandmothers IxFP and INTJ.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Here you are!

Derived from the stats of the 1998 edition of MBTI Manual:

SP Artisans (Sanguine, Aesthetic, Probing): 27.0%
    SJ Guardians (Melancholic, Economic, Scheduling): 46.4%
    NF Idealists (Choleric, Religious, Friendly): 16.5%
    NT Rationals (Phlegmatic, Theoretic, Tough-minded): 10.4%
    How could they possibly know that? Most people have never even taken an MBTI test.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I'm guessing mine is ESTJ, but then I only know her from my own perspective. She's European, by the way. Born in the 1920's, lived through WWII, did some work for the Resistance, once helped hide a Russian soldier from the Germans. Who knows how all of that, plus six children and an unhappy marriage modified her personality? I guess E because she always liked being social, and even now (since her stroke) seems to thrive on social activities. S because she is more out-in-the-world rather than in her head. T could be wrong, but I guessed it because she was very no-nonsense and I suspect that she made decisions from her head and not her heart. J because everything had to be done a certain way, rules had to be followed, very structured, but that could be upbringing too. Other clues I've used to guess are that she was a nurse, and seems to fit Keirsey's SJ descriptions in general.

I didn't find my mom annoying or interfering, but she was distant and a perfectionist. She worked very hard and I always felt that I needed to take care of her, but that what I did was never quite good enough. She was unhappy with her situation and that came through quite clearly and affected how she parented me, and thus how I perceive her as a person and a parent.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

How could they possibly know that? Most people have never even taken an MBTI test.
    Online, no - but for research and for workplace testing, yes.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Ginkgo

Moms do usually have some ESFJ-like tendencies...