User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm sorry for your loss, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with the OP. I can't very well analyze it and post the results. A less emotionally-charged example would help.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with the OP. I can't very well analyze it and post the results. A less emotionally-charged example would help.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You're kind of an orange peel.
    Last edited by highlander; 10-14-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: removed insult

That didn't help.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. If I can help, just let me know.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp

Shit dude. Do what you gotta do.

...but watch out too. These are the people you care about, even if it doesn't feel that way some times.

Not being able to go to gym must suck cuz you can't relieve stress or calories. Try running outside? Its better than doing nothing.

And lol at the title of this thread, 'A practical example'?? lol...you bastard

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That didn't help.
    This should help a bit more.

*PLONK*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Alehand View Post
    I usually prefer quiet observation to participation with people I dont know () but today I need to express myself and writing is my preferred medium, also to be honest I finished my vodka last night so I am bored before I pass out.

So where to start...7 days and a few hours ago my Dad died. A shock that I know is going to take months for me to move pass.

Sorry for rambling.

Anyway lets see how much of my actions over the pass week are because I am an "emotionless robot" aka ISTJ (list time ):

1) I called my family on the day of his passing to get them all back from overseas so we can bury him as a family, respect is all.

2) I went and opened his business and kept it open except for this funeral so my mom and brother can eat, that includes the day he died.

3) I resigned from my dreadful but good paying job so I can keep the business going until I can sell it. Easiest decision of the week.

4) I have broken down once namely the day of the event because of shock, havent since because I am trying to save my family from imploding and keep his business going. That includes me identifying his body the next day.

5) I delivered his eulogy because it was the right thing to do

6) I have comforted people even though I dont understand why because I know thats what they need, even if I dont comprehend it.

7) I am stressed and depressed but instead of showing it, I get self destructive

8) I am paralysed by the multiple decisions I must make without sufficient time to investigate the evidence.

9) I am being stubborn about making changes because my dad operated his way and it worked, why change.

10) Despite all this I still find time to try help a girl, who I dont know if she cares about me the same way or wants a relationship or whatever, but I keep going because I know I am helping her with her depression by showing my hereto unknown to her "soft side".

11) Annoyed at people telling me I need to support my family, WTF else should I do?

Anyway I need to go and bottle some more emotions.

Ciao
    I am very sorry about the passing of your dad...I know I don't know you, but if you're managing to do all of those things while grieving, you're doing much better than I ever could.

Sorry, again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LSI

Well I havent had a chance to post for a bit, too much to do, etc.

I am getting a routine going and will not be drinking excessively. I am going to smoke cigars instead (my friend has already told me he is not angry, just disappointed).

I have also mentally admitted I am depressed.

I have closed off myself to people around me, mostly out of self preservation because they are annoying me, whether I am judging it so or because they really are.

Thanks for the support and responses, even you mal12345.
    Three things:

"Reason is our soul's left hand, faith her right." - John Donne

"Take honour from me and my life is done" - Shakespeare's Richard II

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LSI

Hello folks

Apologies for not updating for awhile been busy.

Quick update:

1) sold my Dad's business so I have taken my Mom from overworked to retirement. Which is a relief. Sold the business for almost what I wanted which is a double relief.

2) Passed an exam which I studied for while working 15 hour days (no clue as to how).

3) Reconnecting with people

4) Managing my negative feelings and depression.

5) Can anyone explain why people think that me supporting my family is unique? Is it me or does it not seem peculiar that supporting your family is not a requirement for being a decent human?

Thanks for all the support and/or prayers.

PS very drunk, apparently I am funny drunk so my friend got me so...damn people.
    Three things:

"Reason is our soul's left hand, faith her right." - John Donne

"Take honour from me and my life is done" - Shakespeare's Richard II

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.