User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 63

  1. #41
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Even still, I would think you would be a bit more open the "mistyping" thing because people still bug you about your type. I think mrcockburn would probably be a peculiar INFJ but I can't say that she's definitively not INFJ.
    I'm open to it. I understand it. I've even mistyped myself as INFJ.

    I'm just saying she's absolutely not.

    In fact I'll add here that I wouldn't even bother to argue with her if she had herself typed as ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ENTP, ESFP, or even ENFP....maybe ISTP.

    So I'm not trying to tell her that *this* or *that* is absolutely her type.

    I'm just saying that if she's IxFJ, I'm ExTJ.

  2. #42
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    If he'd wanted an open relationship instead of an exclusive relationship, wouldn't he have talked about that in the first place? Or you think he was scared to ask you about an open relationship, for fear of the suggestion sounding "strange?" Or do you think he'll agree to the kind of relationship you want, even if it's not the kind he wants (or is it)? These questions may sound elementary, sorry.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  3. #43
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    If he'd wanted an open relationship instead of an exclusive relationship, wouldn't he have talked about that in the first place? Or you think he was scared to ask you about an open relationship, for fear of the suggestion sounding "strange?" Or do you think he'll agree to the kind of relationship you want, even if it's not the kind he wants (or is it)? These questions may sound elementary, sorry.
    A lot of people don't even think of the possibility of an open relationship. They think it's either "not dating at all" or "dating ONLY you."

    That said, he didn't like the idea regardless. Oh well.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  4. #44
    Senior Member Habba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    998

    Default

    So an ISTJ has been pursuing me for quite some time, and dare I say, he's a handsome, potential plaything
    If someone would date me as a plaything, I'd tear their beating hearts out of their chest. If you date me, you date me as if we were to live together rest of our lives. There's no experiments with us. There's no playthinging with us. Either you stay forever, or you just keep walking. No in between.

    Might sound rather black and white, but we are people of commitment. We love when people depend on us, and we know we can counter-depend on someone else. We are not easily bored as we constantly fix and improve things we have, to make them last forever. Also, we don't know words like "temporary" or "just for now".

    If this makes you feel uncomfortable, stay away from ISTJs.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

  5. #45
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Might sound rather black and white, but we are people of commitment. We love when people depend on us, and we know we can counter-depend on someone else. We are not easily bored as we constantly fix and improve things we have, to make them last forever. Also, we don't know words like "temporary" or "just for now".

    If this makes you feel uncomfortable, stay away from ISTJs.
    To me this sort of thing sounds pretty good - except I admit the "fixing and improving" bit makes me a bit nervous, at least in an interpersonal context.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  6. #46
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    If someone would date me as a plaything, I'd tear their beating hearts out of their chest. If you date me, you date me as if we were to live together rest of our lives. There's no experiments with us. There's no playthinging with us. Either you stay forever, or you just keep walking. No in between.

    Might sound rather black and white, but we are people of commitment. We love when people depend on us, and we know we can counter-depend on someone else. We are not easily bored as we constantly fix and improve things we have, to make them last forever. Also, we don't know words like "temporary" or "just for now".

    If this makes you feel uncomfortable, stay away from ISTJs.
    But we're only in our twenties. Would you have felt that way at 21 or 24 (his age)?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  7. #47
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    But we're only in our twenties. Would you have felt that way at 21 or 24 (his age)?
    There's no reason why a 24 year old ISTJ wouldn't want a committed relationship. That's not like saying he's 18 or 19.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Habba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    But we're only in our twenties. Would you have felt that way at 21 or 24 (his age)?
    I'm 26 myself. I've felt like that ever since I began thinking about girls. We are family people. Great providers, bad adventures. xD

    I can't speak for all ISTJs, but as far as I know people who type as ISTJ, they don't like short-term relationships. We are slow to attach, but we attach for good.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

  9. #49
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    We are slow to attach, but we attach for good.
    I know I said I was gonna disappear for a few days...but this is so so true in my experience. Both parts.

  10. #50
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I'm 26 myself. I've felt like that ever since I began thinking about girls. We are family people. Great providers, bad adventures. xD

    I can't speak for all ISTJs, but as far as I know people who type as ISTJ, they don't like short-term relationships. We are slow to attach, but we attach for good.
    hey, don't underestimate yourself! ISTJs can be just as adventurous as anyone IF they're eased into it.

    I made that mistake when I tried taking a new (now ex) INTJ boyfriend on a surprise skydiving outing. He pretty much shit his pants when I parked the car and told him we were going skydiving - right now, outside this building.

    Yeah, I think if you ISTJs want long and steady, I'm not the best bet - I'm way too wild and crazy and wear everyone except Se-doms and ESTJs out. On average, people lose 10 lbs just by being around me, due to all the energy and activity.

    The guy wants to take me to dinner tonight (and he wants an actual direct answer), so I'm just going to see what his expectatiions are - and that'll determine it.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


Similar Threads

  1. [ISTJ] ISTJ & trying to have fun... ugh
    By 2XtremeENFP in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 10:25 PM
  2. [INFJ] INFJs and people close to them?
    By Gerbah in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 08:35 AM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs and feeling drawn to the otherworldly
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
  4. [MBTItm] How Should an iNFj Go About Trying to Connect with a ESFJ dad?
    By Glycerine in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO