First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Your type doesn't change. So, you can't change from an ESTJ to an INFJ. Not possible.
    I think, considering how flexible the mind it, it's a little ridiculous to say that types can't change. It's uncommon certainly, but impossible? As I mentioned before that seems to me like one of those ignorant statements that is later to be found laughable like saying that south america and africa were never once connected or that the earth is flat.

I think this stuff can be very useful in relationships - understanding differences and that sort of thing. There's a lot more to people than their MBTI type though and it's dangerous to base too much on it.
    Like I said before "I know type is not the end all and the be all of compatibility but it does have an impact."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    I think, considering how flexible the mind it, it's a little ridiculous to say that types can't change. It's uncommon certainly, but impossible? As I mentioned before that seems to me like one of those ignorant statements that is later to be found laughable like saying that south america and africa were never once connected or that the earth is flat.
    Actually, it isn't an ignorant statement. That's how the theory works. You temper or moderate preferences as you get older. You become more balanced. However, your type doesn't change. You can create a different theory but it won't be MBTI/Jungian Functions. It's not unusual for someone to have a hard time figuring out what their type is though.

Like I said before "I know type is not the end all and the be all of compatibility but it does have an impact."
    You're right, it does have an impact. However, I'm with an ISFJ and according to the theory, we shouldn't be a great match. If you look at the functions in order, they are diametrically opposite.

INTJ is Ni, Te, Fi, Se, Ne, Ti, Fe, Si.
    ISFJ is Si, Fe, Ti, Ne, Se, Fi, Te and then Ni.

If you look at any conversations on the forums, you'd find a lot of disparaging remarks on INTJ and ISFJ types together - especially from INTJs - but it does work - at least for me.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Actually, it isn't an ignorant statement. That's how the theory works. You temper or moderate preferences as you get older. You become more balanced. However, your type doesn't change. You can create a different theory but it won't be MBTI/Jungian Functions. It's not unusual for someone to have a hard time figuring out what their type is though.
    That's how the theory works now at least.

You're right, it does have an impact. However, I'm with an ISFJ and according to the theory, we shouldn't be a great match. If you look at the functions in order, they are diametrically opposite.

INTJ is Ni, Te, Fi, Se, Ne, Ti, Fe, Si.
    ISFJ is Si, Fe, Ti, Ne, Se, Fi, Te and then Ni.

If you look at any conversations on the forums, you'd find a lot of disparaging remarks on INTJ and ISFJ types together - especially from INTJs - but it does work - at least for me.
    I judge compatibilty off of personal experiences not how our functions match up.

figsfiggyfigs

I want to run my head towards a cement wall right now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I want to run my head towards a cement wall right now.
    :/
    . . .why?

figsfiggyfigs

:/
    . . .why?
    I don't even know where to start Re: OP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I don't even know where to start Re: OP.
    yeah . . . it is pretty embarrassing . . .:S

like I said I would have deleted it but seeing how you can't delete threads I just left it as was.