User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

INFJs are cool....not my normal attraction but we seem to get along, as long as they don't assume their Fe is the barometer for the rest of the world.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The ISTJ male I know rants on about how much he is irked by NFJs (male and female), but especially ENFJs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm also confused as to how you think your relationship will change just because you changed your type from INFP to INFJ.

That doesn't mean your type actually changed, it just means you became more aware of what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    I'm just curious because I just realised that two guys, one who has liked me forever, and one who I liked forever were very ISTJish. But recently my type changed from ESTJ to INFJ and I'm wondering how I can hope to expect our relationships to change from here. I get the feeling like they won't like me, that ISTJ males and INFJ females don't get along. Is this true?
    Thank you for any/all responses.
    You seem young. And not INFJ. I smell... Ne.

I have a friend that is ISTJ and we seem to have an unspoken understanding that we can flake out on being proper friends for long periods and pick back up whenever we want to without having to rehash everything we've missed in each other's lives. We just don't pry and we don't question why the other doesn't pry. #madlove /fistbump

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    The ISTJ male I know rants on about how much he is irked by NFJs (male and female), but especially ENFJs.
    EFJs can be tough. All the ENFJs I know are fine, though.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LSI

Why are you using type to determine if a relationship will work? (a little blunt, sorry, but I havent had my second coffee yet)

I think talking to the guys in question will give you more information than personality types because while MBTI is a good theory, in practice, we all have a different quirk here and there that can throw a curveball (or several) in any relationship.
    Three things:

"Reason is our soul's left hand, faith her right." - John Donne

"Take honour from me and my life is done" - Shakespeare's Richard II

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

yes But people can change.
    INTP here:

What do you mean by change?

Every interaction I`ve seen thus far between an INFJ and an ISTJ seems to boil down to one thing: silent ego-centered competition. Each side is trying to `get one over` on the other, and it looks like a struggle for power, not equality. Its like being in an argument and not being able to admit when you`re wrong, because of who you are arguing with. Or when the wife would run around slaving all day helping her friends with the barbeque, and cleaning her friend`s entire house, but then leaving your dirty cup on the kitchen counter `to make a point.`

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    You seem young. And not INFJ. I smell... Ne.
    I understand but that's probably atributed to me creating this thread when I was spazzing out that the ENFP gone ISTJ guy that I like was ignoring me on fb chat :p

@Alehand : I know type is not the end all and the be all of compatibility but it does have an impact.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Some types are like oil and water when combined, or like putting a cat in a bathtub, eek. I don't think ISTJ and INFJ are like that, so I think you're okay, but I can't really say for sure since I'm not an ISTJ. Too bad there aren't more ISTJs here to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    On the otherhand, she's NF and I'm ST. I find she's quite often concerned with how she's feeling about people around her, or how they're feeling about her. She really likes to overanalyze whatever people say to her. This can cause problems with ST people, who often just say things without hidden agendas. It's like NF people are very personal and emotionally attached to anything they do or say. ST people on the other hand are the complete opposite. We rare emotionally attach ourselves to things we say or do. We merely say what we have observed.

Here's an interesting pattern:

INFJ: "So, how was it?"
    ISTJ: *long explanation, telling what was there and what happened*
    INFJ: "...so how was it? :| You never told me how you felt about it."

Hehe This made me giggle.

I'm not INFJ but I've experienced this too. It's like you feel like you haven't gotten the full story (or the best parts at least) if you just hear the facts/technical details of what went on. I assume, maybe falsely, that there's always feelings involved. That said, I won't press those I'm not close with for how they feel if that doesn't seem like their normal thing. I do ask those I'm close with for their feelings no matter what though, and also those who I trust that I'm not bothering and they won't be mean to me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

But recently my type changed from ESTJ to INFJ and I'm wondering how I can hope to expect our relationships to change from here. I get the feeling like they won't like me, that ISTJ males and INFJ females don't get along. Is this true?
    Your type doesn't change. So, you can't change from an ESTJ to an INFJ. Not possible.

I think this stuff can be very useful in relationships - understanding differences and that sort of thing. There's a lot more to people than their MBTI type though and it's dangerous to base too much on it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639