• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Forever said:
Yes...? I think any type can be trolled.

We just don't get very emotional or upset over silly trollish remarks and getting people riled up is a sign of a successful troll attempt. I'm sure most SJs saw the remarks upthread and recognized it immediately for what it was and I doubt anyone got riled.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
We just don't get very emotional or upset over silly trollish remarks and getting people riled up is a sign of a successful troll attempt. I'm sure most SJs saw the remarks upthread and recognized it immediately for what it was and I doubt anyone got riled.

Eh, not everyone is as emotionally stable as you state. I definitely am not.

That being said, I am mostly just annoyed right now. I don't know what it is with new users coming in here all the time to hate on a particular type. It gets so incredibly tiresome after a while.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You're still human. Lol. Being teased at and upset or sad about it is human.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
^
From James Allen:
Man is made or unmade by himself; in the armoury of thought he
forges the weapons by which he destroys himself; he also fashions
the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy
and strength and peace. By the right choice and true application of
thought, man ascends to the Divine Perfection; by the abuse and
wrong application of thought, he descends below the level of the
beast. Between these two extremes are all the grades of character,
and man is their maker and master.

Dude's right. You surrender power when you respond emotionally.

Ignorance is hate

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yeah, I really don't think I need to waste my time feeding a troll. I know most of the other SJs on this forum fairly well. All you're trying to do is ruffle some feathers, and we're used to SJ hate. It's just eyeroll worthy at this point.

For your own convenience: If you really want to stir up some shit and have fun with it, try PerC. Otherwise, well, good luck attempting it here, I guess.

Could have done without the 'yeah' but I got your point nonetheless.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I feel riled for having been exposed as a conformist

/DG/

What the hell kind of grad program requires that my transcripts and letters of recommendation be sent in INITIALED envelopes? No, I can't request that the registrar do that, and I have my letters organized by a letter service, so they can't do that either.

Looks like I won't be applying to that particular school...

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Today's To-Do List

Coffee & Bob Ross morning routine
Make sure I'm above tier cutoffs for Love Live events
Go to the store
Reclaim my gym from the motherfucker who stole it from me last night
Go to my mom's house

/DG/

FUCK! Why is it that everyone is telling me I should take the selfish route here? And why do I feel stupidly compelled to look out for other's interests above my own? Why do I feel guilt and empathy?

Feeling sucks

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
FUCK! Why is it that everyone is telling me I should take the selfish route here? And why do I feel stupidly compelled to look out for other's interests above my own? Why do I feel guilt and empathy?

Feeling sucks

You think too much :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've come to realize that I think I feel this way about this and many things because I'm actually a feeler. I just enjoy not using it. :/

you are

all the rest is for the ass, like we say in german

Ignorance is hate

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram

Feeling sucks
Amen to that

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Feeling sucks

I don't think it should suck, if you learn to value and love yourself for who you are, feelings can be your best friend.

It's only because of feelings do we have direction and individualized purposes in our life.

If feelings were only meant to be an impediment to the human race, it'd be tossed out long ago.

People are mistakened if they think their feelings mean anything outside of them though I should give a warning but it is a gift to the person who feels them.

I find it weird I don't have feelings of compassion or at least not aware that I do unless it's like a poor animal or a suffering person who is in desperate need. Otherwise I feel like helping others is just a given, I shouldn't need feelings for that.

Ignorance is hate

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I don't think it should suck, if you learn to value and love yourself for who you are, feelings can be your best friend.

Exactly. You guys could learn something from us thinkers. We feel things very deeply but we know the difference between healthy emotional expression and a little something I like to call "emotional manipulation". This is why we usually have no problem standing up for ourselves, because there is no shame in our game. Our emotions don't usually serve selfish or manipulative purposes, so we see no need to tone them down or "dress them up" for people. This is a harsh truth that current Myers Briggs literature fails to acknowledge in a direct manner as I have just done here.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Feeling =/= emotional manipulation

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exactly. You guys could learn something from us thinkers. We feel things very deeply but we know the difference between healthy emotional expression and a little something I like to call "emotional manipulation". This is why we usually have no problem standing up for ourselves, because there is no shame in our game. Our emotions don't usually serve selfish or manipulative purposes, so we see no need to tone them down or "dress them up" for people. This is a harsh truth that current Myers Briggs literature fails to acknowledge in a direct manner as I have just done here.
I'd be curious to know what MBTI books/articles you have actually read. You have a lot of strong opinions on the MBTI and none of them are based in anything resembling the established literature. How much of your personal typology system is based on your personal experience?

Ignorance is hate

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'd be curious to know what MBTI books/articles you have actually read. You have a lot of strong opinions on the MBTI and none of them are based in anything resembling the established literature. How much of your personal typology system is based on your personal experience?

90-99 percent