• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
???? Where and when in the world did I say that? All I am saying is to not baselessly generalize and put down an entire type. Do you do the same when talking about black people? Gay people? Women?

Furthermore, you again don't know the context of my first statement. Someone directed something at me not in a public post. I would hope you would understand that I have the right to be upset for that.

The purpose of type is not only to tell what's good about you, but also the things you need to work on? Am I wrong? Lol. As long as they're not unreasonable and can be given ways of working out things. I see no attacks on type to be unreasonable. I stand by Amargith's philosophy on this.

BUT when they're just baseless attacks that have no solution or are completely unfounded upon. Then that's just trolling.

For example (I'll use my type so no one will get torn lol)

Bad: All INFJ's when reaching a state of unhealthiness should go to a mental institution.
Why: Unhealthiness was not defined. Could be just a white lie to full out murder. We do not know. Too vague. Therefore a useless attack.

Good: INFJ's can be overconfident about their visions and intuitions. They should withhold judgments until they read and understand the situation fully from all sides.
Why: A suggestion was made. Nothing was undermining them, but merely pointing out a flaw. And the flaw isn't fixed, but rather situational.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yamato Nadeshiko said:
Apparently I was right! I'm so smart :0

Nicely done. I thought she was an angora cat, but the nose and the tail didn't seem right.

the-turkish-angora-cat-a-beautiful-longhaired-companion-5225018b23651.jpg

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION]

Do ISFJs (or even ESFJs) do the thing where they absorb other peoples feelings (like the empath thing), or is that something only NFJs do?

Ohh yes. If somebody else is crying, I can feel it. Then afterwards I have to go find somewhere to let it all out.
I'm very in-tune with the emotional vibe of places. That being said, I'm not a complete mirror. I have my own feelings and I'm not afraid to be real about them. If people around me are happy and I'm heartbroken, I won't absorb the feelings.

It does go the other way around though. If I'm very happy and everybody around me is heartbroken, my heart will break with them.

What sucks is that I do not know how to react to other people's feelings externally. This is why I used to think I was Fi (before I knew what it was and wasn't). I'm well-versed in reflecting on my own feelings and dealing with them accordingly, but with other people...I'm feeling all their pain so deeply on the inside, but on the outside I'm like a stick in the mud. I just internalize it all and it's really uncomfortable. But at the same time, I really want my close friends to come to me when they're sad. I want to get better at the whole comforting thing.

Didn't mean to go off on a long tangent. Just had to throw in a little anti-stereotype thing there. But in short...

NFJs don't corner the market on empathy.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ohh yes. If somebody else is crying, I can feel it. Then afterwards I have to go find somewhere to let it all out.
I'm very in-tune with the emotional vibe of places. That being said, I'm not a complete mirror. I have my own feelings and I'm not afraid to be real about them. If people around me are happy and I'm heartbroken, I won't absorb the feelings.

It does go the other way around though. If I'm very happy and everybody around me is heartbroken, my heart will break with them.

What sucks is that I do not know how to react to other people's feelings externally. This is why I used to think I was Fi (before I knew what it was and wasn't). I'm well-versed in reflecting on my own feelings and dealing with them accordingly, but with other people...I'm feeling all their pain so deeply on the inside, but on the outside I'm like a stick in the mud. I just internalize it all and it's really uncomfortable. But at the same time, I really want my close friends to come to me when they're sad. I want to get better at the whole comforting thing.

So negative emotions affect you more than positive emotions. I wonder if this has to do with the negativity bias.

I was just wonder if Ni-Fe did the emotion absorbing thing or if it was just Fe. (it might also not be function related, but some people make it sound like it is).

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Didn't mean to go off on a long tangent. Just had to throw in a little anti-stereotype thing there. But in short...

Ohhh this would kill me. I don't know how you do it. If I felt others emotions just as strongly as I felt my own just based on being around them, I'd go mad. Massive props there. I can be empathetic, very much so actually, but the only way I can do that is if I chat with a person a while to wring out the exact set of emotions they're feeling, then I sort of search my own bank of emotions and put the correct "blend" of emotions together on, to get myself in the same mindset. If I haven't personally experienced their emotions, I sort of have to guess. I don't consciously think of emotions in this way, but came to the realization as I reflected more on my thought process and how I work with emotions and those of others. It's definitely a "T" approach to emotions if you will, a problem-solving sort of way to deal with them, but hey, it's worked for me all these years.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So negative emotions affect you more than positive emotions. I wonder if this has to do with the negativity bias.

I was just wonder if Ni-Fe did the emotion absorbing thing or if it was just Fe. (it might also not be function related, but some people make it sound like it is).

I would guess it may alter how one absorbs or understands emotions perhaps? With me, emotions are tossed around just like any other piece of knowledge. I also treat them in a very problem-solvy way, almost like some mental exercise. Well, let me clarify, I treat other people's emotional problems like working a puzzle, my own are a whole different story. I think that can all be attributed to the whole Ne/Fi, and then even Te relationship. I literally give nothing a hierarchy. All of my knowledge, including emotional understandings, are tossed around like a salad, together, then deduced and figured out, pieced together like any other puzzle. Maybe this could be a new thread topic? This is interesting!

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would guess it may alter how one absorbs or understands emotions perhaps? With me, emotions are tossed around just like any other piece of knowledge. I also treat them in a very problem-solvy way, almost like some mental exercise. Well, let me clarify, I treat other people's emotional problems like working a puzzle, my own are a whole different story. I think that can all be attributed to the whole Ne/Fi, and then even Te relationship. I literally give nothing a hierarchy. All of my knowledge, including emotional understandings, are tossed around like a salad, together, then deduced and figured out, pieced together like any other puzzle. Maybe this could be a new thread topic? This is interesting!

So a thread about how different types process emotions? That would be neat. Who wants to make it?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So many things are going well for me but I feel like an ass when I talk about them. I also suspect people will start expecting more from me now.

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don't die throughout the movie.

Also, did you know that a pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. If you didn't, you do now.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Have any of you accidentally stepped on a cat's tail? I did so today; I feel bad but it was the cat's fault for walking too close to me.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Have any of you accidentally stepped on a cat's tail? I did so today; I feel bad but it was the cat's fault for walking too close to me.

No, but I accidentally kicked my 10 pound dog directly in the face very hard once. I was kicking a ball around for her to chase and she got too close when I went to kick it one time. :(

I felt so bad and was afraid I had injured her, but she seemed to be ok after some much deserved petting.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
/DG/ said:
I felt so bad and was afraid I had injured her, but she seemed to be ok after some much deserved petting.

Yeah, I was wondering if the cat or dog holds a grudge or forgives easily or if they are scarred.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Yeah, I was wondering if the cat or dog holds a grudge or forgives easily or if they are scarred.

For dogs, I would say no unless maybe they have been abused. But I don't have experience with cats so I can't say. They aren't exactly as cheerfully deeply as dogs though.

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
A bull can inseminate 300 cows from one single ejaculation.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
So this ENFP at work keeps screwing up. I inform him of his mistakes a couple years ago but the mistakes continue so I tell him exactly what he's doing wrong and how to fix it, but he ignores me. Should I just embarrass the shit out of this idiot and reveal his mistakes to everyone else?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Are there turkeys in Turkey and is the national bird a turkey? Is the country named after the bird or is it merely coincidence? Finally, how do the Turks feel about sharing a name with a bird? One more thing: should the Turks be happy they weren't named after the fluffy-backed tit babbler?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Independence day 2 was such a nostalgia fest. I'm glad the goofy scientist from the last one got a bigger part this time. All the new characters were pretty meh.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Omg I'm cold. Why am I so cold.