• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's a movie in the works about the life of failed Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes (INFJ) starring Jennifer Lawrence. I wonder if there'll be any door-slamming and cats. :D

She's under ISTJ by CelebrityTypes. :coffee:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Forever said:
She's under ISTJ by CelebrityTypes.

The TypoC community thinks she's an INFJ. If you read some of her quotes, there is no way she's ISTJ. She says she doesn't believe in contingency plans because they indicate insecurity. We ISTJs love contingency plans.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The TypoC community thinks she's an INFJ. If you read some of her quotes, there is no way she's ISTJ. She says she doesn't believe in contingency plans because they indicate insecurity. We ISTJs love contingency plans.

Under their more quotes on her section:

I mean I was part in seeing she was an INFJ in that thread, but I look at some of the ones Celebrity Types put.

Holmes: "[In innovation] there's no shortcut."

[On why she never changes her outfit:]
Holmes: "I wanted the focus to be on my work. I don't want to go into a meeting and have people looking at what I'm wearing. I want them listening to what I'm saying. And I want them to be looking at what we do."

[Asked why it took a decade from idea to execution:]
Holmes: "We needed to make the chemistry such so that it would only require small volumes of blood. We had to redevelop that analytical system to handle small volumes. We had to build the infrastructure around it all through software and automation to minimize the involvement of humans, where manual error could be great. It's software, hardware and chemistry."

Henry Kissinger: "She invites argument and debate, though it's always absolutely clear she knows where she wants to go. She's a leader who doesn't act like a dominant charismatic personality. And those are often the strongest leaders."

Allison Profitt: "In person, she's polite ... and measured. When other people talk, she listens intently. She takes notes. ... Yet you get the impression that none of your questions are unexpected, none of your suggestions novel, none of your scenarios unanticipated."

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/celebrity-personality-types/80135-elizabeth-holmes.html

One person voted ISTJ, 4 people voted INTJ.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] the same outfit deal would be something that's ISTJ-ish, but if she's just doing it to emulate Steve Jobs, then it doesn't count.

None of the other quotes seem type specific.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Word choice is important sometimes, as it can reveal more nuance in a person's point of view

"I think that the minute that you have a backup plan, you've admitted that you're not going to succeed,"
Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes: 'Avoid Backup Plans' | Inc.com

Which holds true for ISTJs, yes? Maybe her advice is aimed at ISTJs who have contingencies for everything and end up committing to nothing.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Haven said:
Which holds true for ISTJs, yes? Maybe her advice is aimed at ISTJs who have contingencies for everything and end up committing to nothing.

No, that's the non-ISTJ way of looking at things. :D

On important matters, you always have contingency plans in case something goes awry; it's the responsible and sensible thing to do.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Klab owns my ass.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Part of why I have a hard time seeing Fe as a feeling function (even though it is) is that whenever I have to work with ExFJs in any capacity, I end up feeling like the feeler of the two of us. The irrational one, the impulsive one. Some of it is the stereotypical ESTJ "bluster" (which I definitely have, but in a less middle-aged-man way). Some of it is that ExFJs are experts at maintaining an impeccable facade, whereas I'm not so great at that.

On the other hand, I'm sure there's a reverse of this with ExFJs feeling like they don't measure up to my Te. The whole "judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree" thing.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I believe fanaticism of any sort is a form of mental illness.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Part of why I have a hard time seeing Fe as a feeling function (even though it is) is that whenever I have to work with ExFJs in any capacity, I end up feeling like the feeler of the two of us. The irrational one, the impulsive one. Some of it is the stereotypical ESTJ "bluster" (which I definitely have, but in a less middle-aged-man way). Some of it is that ExFJs are experts at maintaining an impeccable facade, whereas I'm not so great at that.

On the other hand, I'm sure there's a reverse of this with ExFJs feeling like they don't measure up to my Te. The whole "judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree" thing.

One thing that's important to say is that Fe can be very well aware of social norms but they don't have to abide by them. I think that's what set me free was telling myself that. When you feel like the ability to blend in becomes a choice. It feels that much more empowering.

Fe and Te are practical functions, really at its core. They're essential for the western world to have either of those juiced up to function. I think Fe's willing to blend can have a weakness if the user is too subjective about it. We can get rid of our problems by either getting through with them, with a confidant, or actually accepting and understanding your own feelings regardless of how uncomfortable it is.

It's a myth that only Fi users can manage with their emotions independently.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While I'm using all these dating apps, I ask myself, "Why the hell am I doing this? I have better, more interesting things to do."

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While I'm using all these dating apps, I ask myself, "Why the hell am I doing this? I have better, more interesting things to do."

And when you do have better, more interesting things to do, people come your way.

Funny how life works that way. :wink:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And when you do have better, more interesting things to do, people come your way.

Funny how life works that way. :wink:

I desperately need a move. I'm so bored of this country that I'm starting to become like it.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I have an estj female friend and I feel like she's the impulsive one. It's weird. I'd turn this around and question how Te can be a logical function when it's so rash and unthinking.

Sil

This is a test.
I am learning amateur radio and have discovered the joy of police scanners. Definitely my new favorite hobby besides sake.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I have an estj female friend and I feel like she's the impulsive one. It's weird. I'd turn this around and question how Te can be a logical function when it's so rash and unthinking.
:(

/full of emotions about this

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Related (so not random, whoops):

SJ traits that in my experience are common but are contrary to stereotype