• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I can't even think of a flattering way to describe what Fe really is. Guess I'm just a superficial and shallow Fe user :')

I don't get why it's such a hated function though. There is nothing bad about Fe. And it many cases, it much more pleasing to be around than Fi. Some of the kindest people I've known seemed to be Fe types. I'm not great with completely understanding functions, but I'm not really getting where all the hate comes from.

Trying it out for a bit.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't get why it's such a hated function though. There is nothing bad about Fe. And it many cases, it much more pleasing to be around than Fi. Some of the kindest people I've known seemed to be Fe types. I'm not great with completely understanding functions, but I'm not really getting where all the hate comes from.

Trying it out for a bit.

everything about fe is just shittier fi with less authenticity and more hivemind

/DG/

everything about fe is just shittier fi with less authenticity and more hivemind

How is Fe less "authentic" than Fi? I'm sure in some people, it is the case. But then Fi has a tendency towards selfishness and I'm not seeing how that makes any one of the two superior to the other.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How is Fe less "authentic" than Fi? I'm sure in some people, it is the case. But then Fi has a tendency towards selfishness and I'm not seeing how that makes any one of the two superior to the other.

I'm tired of explaining. It doesn't change anything. People are just going to continue to think whatever they want to think and I can't do anything nor can I ever be taken seriously. I'd be better off abandoning typology.

/DG/

I'm tired of explaining. It doesn't change anything. People are just going to continue to think whatever they want to think and I can't do anything nor can I ever be taken seriously. I'd be better off abandoning typology.

I'm very sorry. I didn't intend for it to come off like I was interrogating you. Just wondering what your views were.

And yeah, from what I've seen, typology hasn't done a huge amount of good on the internet. I don't know what people do with it offline, but online, it seems like it's just a way for people to think they they are better than others and stroke their special snowflake level ego. Those that don't do this seem to treat it as more of a game.

:shrug:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm very sorry. I didn't intend for it to come off like I was interrogating you. Just wondering what your views were.

And yeah, from what I've seen, typology hasn't done a huge amount of good on the internet. I don't know what people do with it offline, but online, it seems like it's just a way for people to think they they are better than others and stroke their special snowflake level ego. Those that don't do this seem to treat it as more of a game.

:shrug:

You aren't annoying me. I'm just angsty about Fe today

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The more I learn about Fe, the more I realize that it's almost too different from Fi to be comparable. Better to compare to Te imo.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

I hope you don't abandon typology. I mean, if it's for your own good, then sure. But we need more FJs, specifically SFJs, to explain that we aren't shit. You've already done so much good in the SJ field. I can already sense that there's less SFJ judgement here. And I know you've certainly influenced me. When I came here, I thought I was NFP, and I'd be offended if anybody suggested anything ESFx or SFJ. Now here I am.

You are taken seriously. Not everyone is going to change their minds, but some will. And those people can go on and teach others, too. Everybody can use their own explaining to spread the truth. It will get to people. You're making a difference, lux (or YN).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Do you want to ne Hitler?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hope you don't abandon typology. I mean, if it's for your own good, then sure. But we need more FJs, specifically SFJs, to explain that we aren't shit. You've already done so much good in the SJ field. I can already sense that there's less SFJ judgement here. And I know you've certainly influenced me. When I came here, I thought I was NFP, and I'd be offended if anybody suggested anything ESFx or SFJ. Now here I am.

You are taken seriously. Not everyone is going to change their minds, but some will. And those people can go on and teach others, too. Everybody can use their own explaining to spread the truth. It will get to people. You're making a difference, lux (or YN).

i'm tired of explaining. i'm gonna stay because that's what i'm used to doing but i'm not going to bother anymore. it's exhausting and it's not worth spending energy on it. (and yes, you can still call me lux)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
i'm tired of explaining. i'm gonna stay because that's what i'm used to doing but i'm not going to bother anymore. it's exhausting and it's not worth spending energy on it. (and yes, you can still call me lux)

That's true. If it's really sucking your energy, it's not worth it. After all, it's all theory anyway. Outside the online typology community, very few people even know what Fe is--besides that it's the chemical symbol for iron.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Things work out better when you act like the good person you know you are, instead of the shitty one everyone expects you to be.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A

As an Fe aux or dom myself. It never mattered to me how people viewed those types (and therefore their perception of me). I don't feel the need to defend our type because I really am not using this site to have people think positive thoughts about xSFJs. If it's about people not interacting with you in a pleasant way because they realize you use Fe, then yes, I'd just stop using the forum (because let's face it... even if you block someone ...another jerk will roll around).

I think what matters is not to be scared away from calling yourself who you really are. Don't let people tell you that you are ISFP just because they like you. I know you know this because of all that you've gone through in your real life. If people don't understand that Fe isn't inherently horrible... well what can you do. But you can keep on being you.

I've been told many times that I cannot be an Fe user and that prevented me from really feeling comfortable with how I saw myself in the system. But calling myself an Fe user is what felt most natural to me (it fit how I saw myself in my real life/away from personality theory) ...so I stopped caring that other people didn't see me that way.

You don't need to explain what Fe is at all.

I think it's funny how people (including those who are not xXFJs) are forcing Fe users into a box.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As an Fe aux or dom myself. It never mattered to me how people viewed those types (and therefore their perception of me). I don't feel the need to defend our type because I really am not using this site to have people think positive thoughts about xSFJs. If it's about people not interacting with you in a pleasant way because they realize you use Fe, then yes, I'd just stop using the forum (because let's face it... even if you block someone ...another jerk will roll around).

I think what matters is not to be scared away from calling yourself who you really are. Don't let people tell you that you are ISFP just because they like you. I know you know this because of all that you've gone through in your real life. If people don't understand that Fe isn't inherently horrible... well what can you do. But you can keep on being you.

I've been told many times that I cannot be an Fe user and that prevented me from really feeling comfortable with how I saw myself in the system. But calling myself an Fe user is what felt most natural to me (it fit how I saw myself in my real life/away from personality theory) ...so I stopped caring that other people didn't see me that way.

You don't need to explain what Fe is at all.

I think it's funny how people (including those who are not xXFJs) are forcing Fe users into a box.

The more I read about Fe, the less I relate to it. :/

Fe and 4 is a terrible combination that shouldn't exist and I don't recommend it to anyone. And that's with it as the weakest in my tri.

I don't know how to say this without it sounding exactly as pathetic and dramatic as it is in reality, but I've been legit crying (like with tears) all day because of how much angst I have for Fe right now and how if that's what I'm like then I hate myself even more. And if that's what I'm supposed to be like then I suck at it. And I don't know how to let go and move on because I'm so frustrated. What's the point of being able to "love" something and being able to communicate that if it's not as "deep" or "authentic" as Fi feeling even if they can't communicate it as well. It makes me feel less "real" or broken somehow. Like no matter how strongly I feel about anything it'll never be "as real" as some similar Fi feeling.

My entire self worth is formed through the perception of others so if this is what people have been seeing me as then...

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The more I learn about Fe, the more I realize that it's almost too different from Fi to be comparable. Better to compare to Te imo.

This is actually how I personally make sense of Fe, is through understanding Te. Whenever I try to think of it in comparison to Fi, I just get so lost.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can't help but notice that both you, [MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] are going through something that may stem from a disconnection with your experience or understanding of Fe. I wish I could help clear some of the confusion that typology enthusiasts tend to create around functions they don't understand or dislike, but I simply can't unpack a function/method I struggle to understand myself.

What I do know is that I feel a similar annoyance towards sx, sp, and so as instinctual variants. Especially since most of my knowledge of enneagram stems from other typology sites where sx is used as the ultimate measure. Maybe it's due to our acceptance of a watered down version of the theory, so it becomes a system built solely upon comparison, which is something I find a lot of fault in. There is certainly room for comparisons to be made but not all of them are valid.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
The more I read about Fe, the less I relate to it. :/

Fe and 4 is a terrible combination that shouldn't exist and I don't recommend it to anyone. And that's with it as the weakest in my tri.

I don't know how to say this without it sounding exactly as pathetic and dramatic as it is in reality, but I've been legit crying (like with tears) all day because of how much angst I have for Fe right now and how if that's what I'm like then I hate myself even more. And if that's what I'm supposed to be like then I suck at it. And I don't know how to let go and move on because I'm so frustrated. What's the point of being able to "love" something and being able to communicate that if it's not as "deep" or "authentic" as Fi feeling even if they can't communicate it as well. It makes me feel less "real" or broken somehow. Like no matter how strongly I feel about anything it'll never be "as real" as some similar Fi feeling.

My entire self worth is formed through the perception of others so if this is what people have been seeing me as then...

Well, when I read that last sentence ...I do feel horrible that you feel this way. I mean, on some level I do care about how people see me too...
But don't let other people's opinions get to you too much. Each and every way of being (...unless you enjoy killing people) is just is.
it's only you who gets to decide what meaning it has for you.

But if it means anything, that I think you're very much not broken. you're a wonderful representation of what it means to be more than what one can see.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe and 4 is a terrible combination that shouldn't exist and I don't recommend it to anyone.

*cough* I'm just your sad little experiment, aren't I?

You don't understand what Fe and you're not a 4 core, so cool it and stop feeling terrible for yourself.
An authentic feeling, you're labeling us all Fe users as people without real feeling, that somehow our feelings are less validating?
You ignore me, not even considering my feelings. Not a rep, nothing and I gave you a lot of my time on this forum supporting you. So really. Don't claim to be this life-saving authority on what this function is, because you're hell as not as the archetype of it and neither am I.

Fi is about values and morals essentially, not how "authentic" their feeling is. We can have terrible deep feelings too. You don't think I don't feel when my friend died?? ... I know you're confused so really, and you told me MBTI is just a fun thing for you and you don't take it seriously, have you changed your mind now? So stick up to it and tell me.

No more lies. Why don't we work together? You think since I am an INFJ I am just too different for you? Is that it? Maybe I should make my video topic on Fe.

No one grows as a given. No one. You piss me off at times, lux. It's like anything I contributed to the community is shit. My struggles are just minor and I can't understand what you're going through because my concepts of gender are faulty. I apparently know nothing. Well gee, sorry. Yes I realize I am shaming you, because you're embarrassing me in spite of what I done to help you.

Don't act like you don't know me. You saw me on video before while you hid your face. So please respect. Peace.

One more thing: if it were true that your entire persona is built on what others think of you, you would have never mentioned you were a male. So think about it, obviously you understand your own nuances and you stick up that people can't tell you otherwise. Remember what you said to your grandparents?