• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SJ Random Thoughts on the previous page:

Fuck this.

Fuck that.

Fuck you.

So concise -- I love it. :heart:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Should Bill Nye be institutionalized and put in a rubber room or merely tethered to the radiator?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Ok, it appears my left ear lobe may be infected at it looks really gross. And I don't want to try to put earrings back in with it like that, so it looks like I'll have to try to keep my ear hidden behind my hair tomorrow. Blech.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Should Bill Nye be institutionalized and put in a rubber room or merely tethered to the radiator?

Let's test it using the scientific method! :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

:laugh: This is awesome. Yes, sometimes it is an intuition problem -- but sometimes it's a sensing problem. And sometimes it's a lazy af problem.

What, to you, would be the differences between the three?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What, to you, would be the differences between the three?
Intuition problem: the ESTJs in question not seeing the big picture of what their N subordinates are doing, and therefore not appreciating it enough.
Sensing problem: Employees of ESTJs not comprehending the S (esp. Si) elements of the job -- sometimes to the point of denying they exist, or denying their importance.
Lazy af problem: Just not doing anything. Being a slacker.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Intuition problem: the ESTJs in question not seeing the big picture of what their N subordinates are doing, and therefore not appreciating it enough.
Sensing problem: Employees of ESTJs not comprehending the S (esp. Si) elements of the job -- sometimes to the point of denying they exist, or denying their importance.
Lazy af problem: Just not doing anything. Being a slacker.

Yeah, being an ESTJ too, I tend to hone in on the details and get pissed off when others don't pay attention to them. There are just some things that you MUST pay attention to, like accounting books, facts in arguments, when driving, etc. etc. that involve details.

You're right that there is always a big picture to things. But it ticks me off when people think in terms of ideals or blow the big picture out of proportion and neglect relevant facts and data. Personally, when someone tells me not to burden them with facts or details, I think they're avoiding an evidence-based approach.

The reason I asked is because no matter what, details have to be involved somewhere (just like the big picture has to be involved somewhere). No one gets to make a "case" for something in complete general statements, no one gets to do a job without it being appraised, no one gets to gloss over facts, etc. it goes on forever. The way I see it, whether you've neglected sensing or intuition, it's laziness.

What I don't understand is how it's less lazy to leap to a conclusion via intuition than to become solid on the details. Anyone can make a broad statement about a topic, but it takes time to research the details. I read intuitors say that they come up with a conclusion and then research the details, but that approach seems like it is much more vulnerable to a cherry-pick approach. Why not let the details lead to a conclusion rather than the other way around? "Gut feelings" seem eminently irresponsible.

/DG/

Ok I woke up this morning to find that my dog got poop in my bed.

What the fuck

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Small dog. Luckily it was just a tiny piece and I didn't roll over onto it.

The rest was at the bottom of the stairs.

>_<

They tend to dry up quicker when they're little. :p still disturbing though.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok I woke up this morning to find that my dog got poop in my bed.

What the fuck

this doesn't fix your problem, but I thought you should know that one of my dogs has a "reputation" for that sort of thing too. No one lets her sleep with them because she's the Nighttime Shitter.

/DG/

this doesn't fix your problem, but I thought you should know that one of my dogs has a "reputation" for that sort of thing too. No one lets her sleep with them because she's the Nighttime Shitter.

That sounds horrifying

/DG/

How are all these people in my Facebook feed able to travel to foreign countries?

where dey b gettin dat $$$

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How are all these people in my Facebook feed able to travel to foreign countries?

where dey b gettin dat $$$
If your FB friends are like my FB friends, then you have three options:

1) They actually CAN afford it because they saved up for a long time and make sure to spend wisely

2) They can't afford it and spend recklessly with credit cards

3) Their parents or other family subsidize their living situation to the point of them being able to afford travel

The most likely college kid option is 3.

/DG/

I feel like so many people have changed their usernames within the past few weeks that I have no idea who anyone is anymore.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why is S bias still a thing

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You can still be "big picture" and a sensor. It's about how you arrive there, rather than whether you see it or not.